Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

DL/Sky Team: 2022 Consolidated Mileage/Status/Challenge Runs help needed

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 2, 2022, 1:46 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Pat89339
For each request, please include the following information:

Departure Airport:
Miles Needed:
Required Spend or Budget:
Available Travel Dates:
Required Metal or Codeshares okay*:

For each response. Please quote the original request. DO NOT START A SEPARATE THREAD.

----

NOTE: You will have greater chances of success if you have greater flexibility on travel dates and cost. If you need a lot of MQMs on weekends only for < 5 cpm it probably won't happen.

Other creative possibilities depending how many MQMs you need:
----

*"Required Metal or Codeshares" is, approximately, asking whether you need a flight operated specifically by Delta or if partner flights are ok. If you are just looking for MQMs to hit a Medallion tier the normal way, then the answer is yes. If you are doing a status challenge, the answer is also probably yes, but read the T&C of your challenge carefully to be sure (for the regular status challenge the answer is also "yes")

NOTE: some partner flights earn MQMs at reduced rates. See this chart for more info.

Newcomers may also be interested in the FlyerTalk Glossary

Need 4000+ MQDs?
If based in a city that is served by Virgin Atlantic such as IAD, JFK, BOS, MIA, LAS, LAX, SFO one of the best options is to fly to JNB or CPT via LHR. This can be done in a weekend and you can usually earn 4-5000 MQDs for under 1300-1600. You need to select Economy Delight which is similar to regular economy but with more legroom and the possibility of earning 20% of distance as MQDs. This is the most common way to earn large chunks at a cheap price.

Print Wikipost

DL/Sky Team: 2022 Consolidated Mileage/Status/Challenge Runs help needed

Search this Thread

Old Jun 15, 2022, 5:36 am

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum, Oneworld pleb, Accors Hotel Gold
Help on East Asia trip

[size=16px]Hi guys, been trying to check options for a month now on Europe to Japan and Korea. Any suggestions?

Departure Airport: Amsterdam, Frankfurt, Dusseldorf or even Paris/Brussels (repositioning OK)
Miles Needed: max possible
Required Spend or Budget: €1300
Available Travel Dates: September for Korea, November for Japan
Required Metal or Codeshares okay: Any Skyteam would be OK[/size]
Old Jun 22, 2022, 9:28 am

Programs: AY+ (Emerald), OZ (*G), IHG (Diamond)
Originally Posted by canuck_traveler
On the Delta website, they give a listing of partner earnings. you can find it here.

For LATAM, the MQD earnings chart is below. EZE-GRU-EZE, distance is about 2100 miles, at full economy (Y or B), you would earn about $525 MQDs (25% x distance flown)

For Aerolineas Argentinas, the earnings is not as good as LATAM, even flying business class, the most you will get is 20% x distance flown

Hi and sorry to bring up a post from a month back...I'm new to ST and DL but the Latam table caught my eye...DL actually gives 100% MQMs for even deep discount Economy tickets with partners like LATAM and KL ?

I checked the site but honestly I would have thought those earnings tables are out of date if they weren't being cited here
Old Jun 22, 2022, 11:16 am

Originally Posted by TravelExperience
Hi and sorry to bring up a post from a month back...I'm new to ST and DL but the Latam table caught my eye...DL actually gives 100% MQMs for even deep discount Economy tickets with partners like LATAM and KL ?

I checked the site but honestly I would have thought those earnings tables are out of date if they weren't being cited here
Yup It really depends on the airline and Delta's relationship with them. Delta's Core Global Airline partners (AeroMexico, Air France, KLM, China Eastern, Korean Air, LATAM and Virgin Atlantic) have the better earnings. Delta has an ownership stake in LATAM, AeroMexcio, Korean Air, etc.
Old Jun 22, 2022, 8:25 pm

Yup It really depends on the airline and Delta's relationship with them. Delta's Core Global Airline partners (AeroMexico, Air France, KLM, China Eastern, Korean Air, LATAM and Virgin Atlantic) have the better earnings. Delta has an ownership stake in LATAM, AeroMexcio, Korean Air, etc.

thanks for the answer…that is something…seems to give a decent chance to fly Core Global Partners and rack up MQMs at good rates.

one last question if I may, again this is something already on DL’s website but I thought it better to double check, Non US Resident Skymiles members are exempted for the MQDs requirements?
Old Jun 23, 2022, 11:55 am

Originally Posted by TravelExperience
thanks for the answer…that is something…seems to give a decent chance to fly Core Global Partners and rack up MQMs at good rates.

one last question if I may, again this is something already on DL’s website but I thought it better to double check, Non US Resident Skymiles members are exempted for the MQDs requirements?
Yes. link

Old Jun 24, 2022, 10:57 pm

Programs: Delta DM, Hertz PC, Marriott Platinum, IHG Platinum
Departure Airport: NYC (JFK, LGA, EWR), repositioning considered
Miles Needed: $~2300 MQD
Required Spend or Budget: $800
Available Travel Dates: September onwards, weekends
Required Metal or Codeshares okay: Any Skyteam would be OK

Thanks guys!
Old Jun 25, 2022, 8:10 am

Yes. link

Thank you very much....I think I'll try to give DL's status challenge a go. Owe you one if we cross paths. Appreciated
Old Jun 25, 2022, 9:07 am

Programs: AAdvantage ExPlat LT Gold, BA Silver, Aegean Star Gold
Originally Posted by bcranger
Departure Airport: NYC (JFK, LGA, EWR), repositioning considered
Miles Needed: $~2300 MQD
Required Spend or Budget: $800
Available Travel Dates: September onwards, weekends
Required Metal or Codeshares okay: Any Skyteam would be OK

Thanks guys!
Mexicali with Aeromexico 2754 MQDs for $719

La Paz Mexico with Aeromexico - 2306 MQDs for $854 (goes down to mid 500 in 2023)
DeltaGoldLass likes this.
Old Jun 25, 2022, 7:14 pm

Programs: Skyteam
12k MQDS short of Diamond

Hey Folks,

I'm 12k MQDs short of Diamond based on my existing trips for the remainder of the year. I need some help with figuring out the best way to hit threshold without going crazy.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks
Old Jun 26, 2022, 5:11 am

Programs: AAdvantage ExPlat LT Gold, BA Silver, Aegean Star Gold
Originally Posted by Andrewdwayne
Hey Folks,

I'm 12k MQDs short of Diamond based on my existing trips for the remainder of the year. I need some help with figuring out the best way to hit threshold without going crazy.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks
Helps to know on what coast or city you are located...

Some tips:
  • Northwest: The YYC-SCL with Aeromexico from CAD 1722 or USD 1336 in Business for 5226 MQDs
  • East Coast: Ex-JFK/MIA Virgin Economy Delight to South Africa * V Fare for USD 1240ish for ~4536 MQDs
  • SoCal: Tijuana to Hermosillo from the TIJ Post 1,944 MQDs for USD340, might be worth looking at Virgin Economy Delight
bgriff and Andrewdwayne like this.
Old Jun 26, 2022, 9:14 am

Programs: Skyteam
I'm located in Atlanta, thanks.
Old Jun 26, 2022, 9:36 am

Departure Airport: YVR
Miles Needed: Maximum possible. Looking for the lowest CPM. I'm trying to reach MM status.
Required Spend or Budget: Looking for the lowest CPM.
Available Travel Dates: Any time from Tuesday to Friday between now and the end of the year.
Required Metal or Codeshares okay*: Any SkyTeam or Delta partner that earns MQM is ok.
Old Jun 26, 2022, 9:54 am

I haven't been traveling as much as I use to and would like to at least maintain my status this year with some runs. If possible I would like to get diamond though. Right now I am gold with delta and can leave from atl, mco, or mia. Anyone have some suggested routes for me to look at? I guess I should be looking at partner flights to help with the mqd requirement. I have 20k mqm and 0 mqd right now. Thanks for any suggestions

Departure Airport: ATL, MCO, or MIA
Miles Needed: at least 30k MQM and 6k MQD. More for good cost per mile
Available Travel Dates: Anytime this year
Required Metal or Codeshares okay*: Delta/Skyteam that earns MQM and MQD
Old Jun 26, 2022, 10:07 am

Originally Posted by sau54
Departure Airport: YVR
Miles Needed: Maximum possible. Looking for the lowest CPM. I'm trying to reach MM status.
Required Spend or Budget: Looking for the lowest CPM.
Available Travel Dates: Any time from Tuesday to Friday between now and the end of the year.
Required Metal or Codeshares okay*: Any SkyTeam or Delta partner that earns MQM is ok.
Would you be able to give a little bit more information about your requirements? For example, are you looking at immediate turnaround? Stay a few days at a destination? Lowest CPM usually means economy, are you okay with that?

As an initial suggestion, I would look at JFKEZE's posting about the YYC-SCL option which goes through YVR. It will require an initial repositioning to YYC but on the return, you may not take the final flight from YVR to YYC.

Pre-pandemic, I would have said China Eastern flights from YVR to various parts of Asia (e.g. SIN, MLE, SYD, AKL) but China Eastern has not returned to normal operations yet. Look at some of the AeroMexico offerings.
sau54 likes this.
Old Jun 26, 2022, 10:22 am

Would you be able to give a little bit more information about your requirements? For example, are you looking at immediate turnaround? Stay a few days at a destination? Lowest CPM usually means economy, are you okay with that?

As an initial suggestion, I would look at JFKEZE's posting about the YYC-SCL option which goes through YVR. It will require an initial repositioning to YYC but on the return, you may not take the final flight from YVR to YYC.
Thank you! I'm ok with immediate turnaround or even stay a few days at a destination. I need to requalify for hotel status anyways. I'm ok with economy or even premium seats provided the CPM is competitive. I rather not have to do repositioning flights unless I have to. I kind of did that in Europe earlier this year to take advantage of an intra-European flight deal. A bit of a hassle and not something I would consider doing unless it was worth it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.