Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

DL/Sky Team: 2022 Consolidated Mileage/Status/Challenge Runs help needed

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 2, 2022, 1:46 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Pat89339
For each request, please include the following information:

Departure Airport:
Miles Needed:
Required Spend or Budget:
Available Travel Dates:
Required Metal or Codeshares okay*:

For each response. Please quote the original request. DO NOT START A SEPARATE THREAD.

----

NOTE: You will have greater chances of success if you have greater flexibility on travel dates and cost. If you need a lot of MQMs on weekends only for < 5 cpm it probably won't happen.

Other creative possibilities depending how many MQMs you need:
----

*"Required Metal or Codeshares" is, approximately, asking whether you need a flight operated specifically by Delta or if partner flights are ok. If you are just looking for MQMs to hit a Medallion tier the normal way, then the answer is yes. If you are doing a status challenge, the answer is also probably yes, but read the T&C of your challenge carefully to be sure (for the regular status challenge the answer is also "yes")

NOTE: some partner flights earn MQMs at reduced rates. See this chart for more info.

Newcomers may also be interested in the FlyerTalk Glossary

Need 4000+ MQDs?
If based in a city that is served by Virgin Atlantic such as IAD, JFK, BOS, MIA, LAS, LAX, SFO one of the best options is to fly to JNB or CPT via LHR. This can be done in a weekend and you can usually earn 4-5000 MQDs for under 1300-1600. You need to select Economy Delight which is similar to regular economy but with more legroom and the possibility of earning 20% of distance as MQDs. This is the most common way to earn large chunks at a cheap price.

Print Wikipost

DL/Sky Team: 2022 Consolidated Mileage/Status/Challenge Runs help needed

Search this Thread

Old Aug 29, 2022, 1:25 pm

Programs: DL 1MM PM: UA Plat
1400 MQD for cheap

Departure Airport: MSP Will reposition
Miles Needed: NONE
MQD: 1400
Required Spend or Budget: cheap or best ratio
Available Travel Dates: very open. Prefer quick turn
Required Metal or Codeshares okay*: Delta not required

Last edited by Return2flight; Aug 29, 2022 at 1:47 pm Reason: Typo
Old Aug 29, 2022, 4:39 pm

Originally Posted by Return2flight
Departure Airport: MSP Will reposition
Miles Needed: NONE
MQD: 1400
Required Spend or Budget: cheap or best ratio
Available Travel Dates: very open. Prefer quick turn
Based on JFKEZE posts a few items back, you can do ORD-TIJ in AeroMexico Business class for $797 and earn about $2400 MQDs.
Google link

jfkeze and Return2flight like this.
Old Aug 29, 2022, 4:51 pm

Originally Posted by carrieon
Departure Airport: ATL or MCO preferred, but anywhere domestic works
MQD Needed: 2200 MQD
Required Spend or Budget: ~$1000
Available Travel Dates: October - early December
Required Metal or Codeshares okay*: DL or any partner

Europe (FR/DE) are preferred destinations, but open to anything really.

Can't thank you all enough for your help ❤️
You can fly Aero Mexico business class ATL-TIJ for $1004 and earn $2200 MQDs. Google Flights link Various dates available between now - early December. (also available from MCO for a few hundred less but more layover time)

Last edited by canuck_traveler; Aug 29, 2022 at 4:56 pm
Old Aug 31, 2022, 10:12 am

Programs: DL
Quick question about MQMs. I'm about 8000 MQMs away from Platinum. MQDs are complete through Delta AMEX card. What I'm trying to figure out is if you get bonus MQMs with status, or just bonus miles. For instance, I have a roundtrip flight this weekend from Newark to Atlanta. Last time, I got 745 MQMs, which is basically the distance flown. Then it says Bonus Miles. Are those just regular miles, or are they also MQMs? How many MQMs did I get on this trip? Also, what the easiest and cheapest way to get about 8k MQM from NYC?
Old Aug 31, 2022, 12:25 pm

Originally Posted by sayle1058
Quick question about MQMs. I'm about 8000 MQMs away from Platinum. MQDs are complete through Delta AMEX card. What I'm trying to figure out is if you get bonus MQMs with status, or just bonus miles. For instance, I have a roundtrip flight this weekend from Newark to Atlanta. Last time, I got 745 MQMs, which is basically the distance flown. Then it says Bonus Miles. Are those just regular miles, or are they also MQMs? How many MQMs did I get on this trip? Also, what the easiest and cheapest way to get about 8k MQM from NYC?
The Bonus Miles in your case, is bonus RDMs based on your current status. However, you can earn bonus MQMs as well (e.g. class of fare)

As for obtaining 8K MQMs, you can take a trip (immediate turn) to the Hawaiian islands.

e.g. Nov. 16, JFK - KOA, $541 (MC), 10,226 MQMs, 4.5 hours in Kona. Use the Delta Flexible date search to select desired date

Old Aug 31, 2022, 11:01 pm

Departure Airport: DTW
Miles Needed: 14,450
MQD: NONE
Required Spend or Budget: As cheap as possible
Available Travel Dates: Oct - Nov

Looking to stay only in the US, thanks for suggestions!
Old Aug 31, 2022, 11:21 pm

Departure Airport: JFK
MQD Needed: 6000+
MQM Needed: 25000+
Required Spend or Budget: max 2000
Available Travel Dates: Any dates after September
Old Sep 1, 2022, 3:00 am

Originally Posted by jimshard
Departure Airport: DTW
Miles Needed: 14,450
MQD: NONE
Required Spend or Budget: As cheap as possible
Available Travel Dates: Oct - Nov

Looking to stay only in the US, thanks for suggestions!
For that type of mileage, you are probably looking at two trips. Two trips to Hawaii will get you the needed miles. Or you can do a trip to Hawaii and a trip to Alaska.

e.g. Nov. 14, $586 (MC), 9000 MQMs, immediate turn, use Delta flexible date search to find desired date and price

Old Sep 1, 2022, 3:21 am

Originally Posted by Brandon Chin
Departure Airport: JFK
MQD Needed: 6000+
Required Spend or Budget: max 2000
Available Travel Dates: Any dates after September
Not sure you can achieve the required MQD and MQM at the desired budget.

Virgin Atlantic Economy Delight to JNB is the closest bet. JFK-LHR-JNB-LHR-JNB can be as low as $1815 from JFK and earns about 22,000 MQMs and $4500 MQDs. You can reposition to LAX and do the similar flight and earn about 27,000 MQMs and $5500 MQDs for as low as $2015.
Old Sep 1, 2022, 8:08 am

eparture Airport: JFK

Required Spend or Budget: 1200

Available Travel Dates: looking for one day round trips any time after todays date on a Friday night and returning Saturday or Sunday morning/afternoon

anyone have any suggestions other than JFk -> KOA for flights that yield more than 10000 miles at a cheap cost and in a one day round trip?
Old Sep 1, 2022, 10:25 am

Programs: Delta
Delta $MQD’s for Diamond

Departure Airport: ATL (willing to position within reason)
MQD Needed: 4000+
MQM Needed: N/A
Required Spend or Budget: flexible (but bang for the buck is preferable)
Available Travel Dates: Any dates after September (prefer last two weeks of December); prefer to take up to a week of vacation somewhere awesome vs immediate turnaround
Required Metal or Codeshares okay*: DL or any core partner

Thank You in advance for ideas!

Last edited by lucke27; Sep 1, 2022 at 11:05 am
Old Sep 1, 2022, 2:46 pm

Programs: Delta Diamond
Thinking of doing an BOS-JFK-MEX-TIJ run but with 5/6 AM-marketed and 1/6 DL marketed (want to use some voucher money). But the calculator is giving me ~$1000 MQD and 5K MQM on a $500 ($800 with taxese) base fare ticket which goes 7500 miles. Is the calculator drunk? Am I going to have issues getting this credited properly?
Old Sep 1, 2022, 2:48 pm

Never mind found it : (1) Effective 5/28/2021 for tickets issued on Delta ticket stock (ticket numbers beginning with “006”), will earn miles as if they were Delta-operated flights. Medallion mileage accrual bonuses will apply and MQM bonuses will apply (AeroMexico’s J-Class 100%, C/D/I/W/Y-Classes 50% of applicable MQM’s).
Old Sep 1, 2022, 3:04 pm

Originally Posted by jfkeze
ITA Powertools to the Delta website works...
You can get AF codes but 006 stock , still earns as AF...

Also Powertools to Priceline works well....
Is this generally possible with powertools, or just the exception? Every time I've tried to use powertools to book a TATL PE fare, it only allows me to ticket it if the TATL segment is DL-marketed, otherwise it errors out. Am I using powertools wrong?
Old Sep 1, 2022, 3:46 pm

Programs: AAdvantage ExPlat LT Gold, BA Silver, Aegean Star Gold
Originally Posted by krypttohk
Is this generally possible with powertools, or just the exception? Every time I've tried to use powertools to book a TATL PE fare, it only allows me to ticket it if the TATL segment is DL-marketed, otherwise it errors out. Am I using powertools wrong?
Powertools works with the TATL partners such as KL, AF... during the massive ex-Canada sale in March I got several DL stock but AF/KL numbers and could use DL Credits... Sadly does not work with KE or AM as far as I have seen...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.