Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

DL/Sky Team: 2022 Consolidated Mileage/Status/Challenge Runs help needed

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 2, 2022, 1:46 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Pat89339
For each request, please include the following information:

Departure Airport:
Miles Needed:
Required Spend or Budget:
Available Travel Dates:
Required Metal or Codeshares okay*:

For each response. Please quote the original request. DO NOT START A SEPARATE THREAD.

----

NOTE: You will have greater chances of success if you have greater flexibility on travel dates and cost. If you need a lot of MQMs on weekends only for < 5 cpm it probably won't happen.

Other creative possibilities depending how many MQMs you need:
----

*"Required Metal or Codeshares" is, approximately, asking whether you need a flight operated specifically by Delta or if partner flights are ok. If you are just looking for MQMs to hit a Medallion tier the normal way, then the answer is yes. If you are doing a status challenge, the answer is also probably yes, but read the T&C of your challenge carefully to be sure (for the regular status challenge the answer is also "yes")

NOTE: some partner flights earn MQMs at reduced rates. See this chart for more info.

Newcomers may also be interested in the FlyerTalk Glossary

Need 4000+ MQDs?
If based in a city that is served by Virgin Atlantic such as IAD, JFK, BOS, MIA, LAS, LAX, SFO one of the best options is to fly to JNB or CPT via LHR. This can be done in a weekend and you can usually earn 4-5000 MQDs for under 1300-1600. You need to select Economy Delight which is similar to regular economy but with more legroom and the possibility of earning 20% of distance as MQDs. This is the most common way to earn large chunks at a cheap price.

Print Wikipost

DL/Sky Team: 2022 Consolidated Mileage/Status/Challenge Runs help needed

Search this Thread

Old Aug 10, 2022, 12:37 pm

Originally Posted by Matt Adams Ministries
you don’t want AM to give you the miles to their program. You need it to go to your delta account and by having two accounts it can get confusing. Make sure in your AM profile that you’ve selected you want Delta as your partner for earning skymiles. Others will be able to help more I’m sure. This is what I’ve read about. Best to not have two accounts to make it simpler.
Can someone comment on how to make sure I'm getting MQD credit on Delta for a ATL-TIJ flight booked through Areomexico. If I log on to Delta, this flight does show in my Delta account. If I log on to Areomexico, this flight does not show in my account. Does that mean I'm good?

Also, is anyone else having trouble picking seats on the Delta flights through Areomexico? I was able to select seats for the AM segments during booking, but I haven't been able to select the seats for the Delta segments. When I click the link on AM it doesn't do anything.
Old Aug 10, 2022, 12:44 pm
Marriott 5+ Badge

Programs: Delta Diamond, Bonvoy something good; sometimes other things too
Originally Posted by bbr1
Can someone comment on how to make sure I'm getting MQD credit on Delta for a ATL-TIJ flight booked through Areomexico. If I log on to Delta, this flight does show in my Delta account. If I log on to Areomexico, this flight does not show in my account. Does that mean I'm good?
When you fly, get a paper boarding pass, and make sure it shows your SkyMiles number on the boarding pass (and does not show an AM frequent flyer number). If it shows an AM number, have an agent change it to your Delta number, and insist they print out a new paper boarding pass so you can be sure they did. Save your paper boarding pass(es) until the miles post to your SkyMiles account.
jfkeze and bbr1 like this.
Old Aug 11, 2022, 3:03 pm

Programs: AA EXEP 2MM, Delta Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Avis President Club, Marriot gold,Emerald Exec,
Departure Airport: AUS
Miles Needed: 25000 MQMs
MQD Needed: 0

Required Spend or Budget: Less than 2000
Available Travel Dates: Before Oct 2022 (Intl Travel) and Before Dec 2022.
Required Metal or Codeshares okay: Most MQMs where possible.

Looking for some help to get most MQM on domestic routes if possible (as I will not able to travel International after Oct 2022). I am doing ok on MQD. Presently looking at some Hawaii routes as mentioned above and wanted to see if anything else available.
Old Aug 11, 2022, 4:04 pm

Originally Posted by rajhyd99
Departure Airport: AUS
Miles Needed: 25000 MQMs
MQD Needed: 0

Required Spend or Budget: Less than 2000
Available Travel Dates: Before Oct 2022 (Intl Travel) and Before Dec 2022.
Required Metal or Codeshares okay: Most MQMs where possible.

Looking for some help to get most MQM on domestic routes if possible (as I will not able to travel International after Oct 2022). I am doing ok on MQD. Presently looking at some Hawaii routes as mentioned above and wanted to see if anything else available.
AUS - JNB on Virgin Atlantic is available. Prices in September for Economy Delight is around $1679 for weekend travel. The trip will earn about 26,000 MQMs

e.g. Sept 9 - 11

rajhyd99 likes this.
Old Aug 11, 2022, 5:15 pm

Programs: AA EXEP 2MM, Delta Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Avis President Club, Marriot gold,Emerald Exec,
Originally Posted by canuck_traveler
AUS - JNB on Virgin Atlantic is available. Prices in September for Economy Delight is around $1679 for weekend travel. The trip will earn about 26,000 MQMs

e.g. Sept 9 - 11

Sorry for Stupid Question but never flow VS before is "Economy Delight" like Premium Economy with extra leg room or just different fare class/code in Regular Economy ?
Old Aug 11, 2022, 5:18 pm

Programs: AAdvantage ExPlat LT Gold, BA Silver, Aegean Star Gold
Originally Posted by rajhyd99
Sorry for Stupid Question but never flow VS before is "Economy Delight" like Premium Economy with extra leg room or just different fare class/code in Regular Economy ?
Economy Delight is regular Economy with a few more inches of legroom, not Premium Economy
rajhyd99 likes this.
Old Aug 16, 2022, 5:27 am

Would LOVE to achieve Diamond!

Departure Airport: East Coast, I live in Philadelphia
MQM & MQDs Needed: 30,000 MQMs and $10,000 MQDs
Required Spend or Budget: $4,000
Available Travel Dates: Any dates before Jan 1 2023
Required Metal or Codeshares okay*: Delta and Delta Partners

Hi Experts!

Looking for some advice/suggestions. I’mso close to Diamond but I’m having trouble putting together trips to get the most bang for my buck. Hoping to be able to hit the above mile and dollar targets in two trips, three of you all think it’s worth it. Appreciate your help!
Old Aug 16, 2022, 6:06 am

Almost A Diamond!

Hi Experts!

Looking for some suggestions on how to hit the MQM and MQD targets below in ideally two trips but 3 off I have to. I’m so close to Diamond! Thanks for your help!

Departure Airport: East Coast but I live in Philadelphia
MQM & MQDs Needed: 35,000 MQMs and 8,000 MQDs
Budget: $4,000
Required Metal or CodeShare : Delta and Delta Partners
Old Aug 17, 2022, 8:12 am

Originally Posted by Krystal Jones
Hi Experts!

Looking for some suggestions on how to hit the MQM and MQD targets below in ideally two trips but 3 off I have to. I’m so close to Diamond! Thanks for your help!

Departure Airport: East Coast but I live in Philadelphia
MQM & MQDs Needed: 35,000 MQMs and 8,000 MQDs
Budget: $4,000
Required Metal or CodeShare : Delta and Delta Partners
An option is to re-position to Miami and then do MIA-JNB on Virgin Atlantic in economy delight. Prices are as low as $1458 for weekend travel from September to November (e.g. Sept 9 - 11). The trip would earn about 25,000 MQMs and $5000 MQDs. There would be long layovers in LHR on both the outbound and inbound.

You can pick up the remaining MQMs and MQDs with the Montreal - Medellin Aeromexico business class run mentioned here

Last edited by canuck_traveler; Aug 17, 2022 at 9:48 am Reason: added link to YUL - MDE run
Old Aug 17, 2022, 10:54 am

Programs: DL Plat (won't hit DM again) 2MM (2.5), HH Gold, PC Gold, Hyatt Plat
Best for earning to Australia

I'm a traveling pet sitter and have some opportunities to sit in Australia from Nov through Jan.
Made DM since the beginning of DM and I am a lifetime 2MM so have 'lifetime' gold.
I'm flying from either DCA or RDU.
So far this year I have 96,398 MQMs (including rollover) and will earn another 10,000 or so with scheduled flying through mid-Nov. But everything this year has used miles so my MQD for the year are $1816.
I'd welcome suggestions for the Australia trip - only 1 way will earn for 2022 since the return will be in January.
Realistically hoping to get Plat so the C+ domestic upgrades continue to happen when I make the reservations.
I could buy D1 on Delta - a few days are under $10,000 RT, others can go as high as $15,000.
Another routing, which adds lots of flight time is via London or Paris or Frankfurt on Vietnam airlines - I find roundtrips in Business on some days for under $4500, but then have to add another $4000 for business class US to Europe. Based on 20% mileage MQD will earn a bit over 4000 MQD round trip LHR-MEL. I actually flew to Australia via Vietnam years ago, but the fare was a lot better.
Another possibility is China Airlines routing through SFO and TPE. Adds a stop and 12 hours to the trip. Prices at about USD 10,000.
Am I missing any other crazy routings on SkyTeam?
Thanks for thoughts.
Old Aug 17, 2022, 11:50 am

Programs: AAdvantage ExPlat LT Gold, BA Silver, Aegean Star Gold
Originally Posted by mot29
I'm a traveling pet sitter and have some opportunities to sit in Australia from Nov through Jan.
Made DM since the beginning of DM and I am a lifetime 2MM so have 'lifetime' gold.
I'm flying from either DCA or RDU.
So far this year I have 96,398 MQMs (including rollover) and will earn another 10,000 or so with scheduled flying through mid-Nov. But everything this year has used miles so my MQD for the year are $1816.
I'd welcome suggestions for the Australia trip - only 1 way will earn for 2022 since the return will be in January.
Realistically hoping to get Plat so the C+ domestic upgrades continue to happen when I make the reservations.
I could buy D1 on Delta - a few days are under $10,000 RT, others can go as high as $15,000.
Another routing, which adds lots of flight time is via London or Paris or Frankfurt on Vietnam airlines - I find roundtrips in Business on some days for under $4500, but then have to add another $4000 for business class US to Europe. Based on 20% mileage MQD will earn a bit over 4000 MQD round trip LHR-MEL. I actually flew to Australia via Vietnam years ago, but the fare was a lot better.
Another possibility is China Airlines routing through SFO and TPE. Adds a stop and 12 hours to the trip. Prices at about USD 10,000.
Am I missing any other crazy routings on SkyTeam?
Thanks for thoughts.
Go to YYZ, you can get YYZ-ICN-SYD for USD 6000 or so in December and get 23552*.4 or 9421 MQDs, not a bargain but at least over 1.5ish MQD Ratio....
Old Aug 17, 2022, 7:39 pm

MQM for platinum status

Any chance there are cheap and easy mileage runs for... 25,000 miles so I can hit Platinum next year?

Departure Airport: SFO/OAK/SJC, but open to flying out of any US or Canadian airport as long as there's a cheap flight to that airport on any airline
Miles Needed: ~25,000, maybe a little less
Required Spend or Budget: MQD done, N/A but cheaper the better
Available Travel Dates: 9/1 - End of year
Required Metal or Codeshares okay*: Delta
Old Aug 17, 2022, 8:59 pm

Originally Posted by berkeleybear
Any chance there are cheap and easy mileage runs for... 25,000 miles so I can hit Platinum next year?

Departure Airport: SFO/OAK/SJC, but open to flying out of any US or Canadian airport as long as there's a cheap flight to that airport on any airline
Miles Needed: ~25,000, maybe a little less
Required Spend or Budget: MQD done, N/A but cheaper the better
Available Travel Dates: 9/1 - End of year
Required Metal or Codeshares okay*: Delta
Virgin Atlantic, Economy Delight class, SFO - JNB is about $1920 in November, (e.g. Nov 4 - 6), about 27,000 MQMs, long layovers in London for outbound and inbound

There are some main cabin fares on Delta from SFO - JNB / CPT in the $1300 range.

e.g. Nov 11 - 13, SFO-AMS-JNB-CDG-SFO, $1319 (MC), 22,049 MQMs, 22 hours in JNB ...... if you reduce the layover time in JNB just under 2 hours, the price goes up to $1630, use Delta Flexible date search

e.g. Nov 11 - 13, SFO-MSP-AMS-CPT-AMS-SLC-SFO, $1335 (MC), 23,338 MQMs, overnight in Cape Town and almost 14 hours in AMS on return

Last edited by canuck_traveler; Aug 17, 2022 at 9:13 pm
Old Aug 18, 2022, 11:46 am

5,447 MQM for Diamond

Departure Airport
: AUS or SAT but willing to reposition if needed
Miles Needed: 5,447 MQM
Required Spend or Budget: $500-700 budget with no required spend or MQD needed
Available Travel Dates: this month, August 20-31
Required Metal or Codeshares okay*: codeshare ok

I am only 5,447 MQM short of keeping my Diamond status through next Jan but only have this month to meet the requirements (this was a special promo). I had a trip booked that was gonna get me there, but could not go. Now I am struggling to find anything reasonably priced. Any help is greatly appreciated!!
Old Aug 18, 2022, 12:34 pm

Originally Posted by diananog
5,447 MQM for Diamond

Departure Airport
: AUS or SAT but willing to reposition if needed
Miles Needed: 5,447 MQM
Required Spend or Budget: $500-700 budget with no required spend or MQD needed
Available Travel Dates: this month, August 20-31
Required Metal or Codeshares okay*: codeshare ok

I am only 5,447 MQM short of keeping my Diamond status through next Jan but only have this month to meet the requirements (this was a special promo). I had a trip booked that was gonna get me there, but could not go. Now I am struggling to find anything reasonably priced. Any help is greatly appreciated!!
How a quick trip to Kahalui?
e.g. August 24, AUS-LAX-OGG-LAX-AUS, $612, 7448 MQMs, bookable on Delta

rajhyd99 and diananog like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.