Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

DL/Sky Team: 2022 Consolidated Mileage/Status/Challenge Runs help needed

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 2, 2022, 1:46 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Pat89339
For each request, please include the following information:

Departure Airport:
Miles Needed:
Required Spend or Budget:
Available Travel Dates:
Required Metal or Codeshares okay*:

For each response. Please quote the original request. DO NOT START A SEPARATE THREAD.

----

NOTE: You will have greater chances of success if you have greater flexibility on travel dates and cost. If you need a lot of MQMs on weekends only for < 5 cpm it probably won't happen.

Other creative possibilities depending how many MQMs you need:
----

*"Required Metal or Codeshares" is, approximately, asking whether you need a flight operated specifically by Delta or if partner flights are ok. If you are just looking for MQMs to hit a Medallion tier the normal way, then the answer is yes. If you are doing a status challenge, the answer is also probably yes, but read the T&C of your challenge carefully to be sure (for the regular status challenge the answer is also "yes")

NOTE: some partner flights earn MQMs at reduced rates. See this chart for more info.

Newcomers may also be interested in the FlyerTalk Glossary

Need 4000+ MQDs?
If based in a city that is served by Virgin Atlantic such as IAD, JFK, BOS, MIA, LAS, LAX, SFO one of the best options is to fly to JNB or CPT via LHR. This can be done in a weekend and you can usually earn 4-5000 MQDs for under 1300-1600. You need to select Economy Delight which is similar to regular economy but with more legroom and the possibility of earning 20% of distance as MQDs. This is the most common way to earn large chunks at a cheap price.

Print Wikipost

DL/Sky Team: 2022 Consolidated Mileage/Status/Challenge Runs help needed

Search this Thread

Old Sep 5, 2022, 7:02 pm

Programs: DL DM
Will be based out of Paris in December, any thoughts on a MQD run ex-EU? I'd need 5000 to hit Diamond.
Old Sep 5, 2022, 10:34 pm

Originally Posted by presence.unknown
Will be based out of Paris in December, any thoughts on a MQD run ex-EU? I'd need 5000 to hit Diamond.
You can take a look at the Barcelona - Sao Paulo thread here. . Look at some of the posting near the end of thread for current booking options. Also BCN - GRU on Air France / KLM is available at a slightly higher price. See Google flights link on Air France or KLM for as low as $1500 in Business Class
presence.unknown likes this.

Last edited by canuck_traveler; Sep 6, 2022 at 4:15 am Reason: change Google link for a MR in December
Old Sep 6, 2022, 4:25 am

Programs: American Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Silver
BOS based. Need 3000+ MQDs to requalify for Gold (I'm good on MQMs due to rollover from last year). I flew Delta a bit less this year than I expected (and conversely I am closer to Gold on United than Delta) but Delta is my preferred airline due to it's selection of flights out of BOS that don't involve having to connect at a hub.

As a mildly overweight passenger who would prefer to be comfortable, I would prefer to sit in premium economy or better if flying transcons or long hauls.

Last edited by diburning; Sep 6, 2022 at 4:35 am
Old Sep 6, 2022, 5:36 am

Programs: Delta
Reposting (no responses)

Departure Airport: ATL (willing to position within reason)
MQD Needed: 4000+
MQM Needed: N/A
Required Spend or Budget: flexible (but bang for the buck is preferable)
Available Travel Dates: Any dates after September (prefer last two weeks of December); prefer to take up to a week of vacation somewhere awesome vs immediate turnaround
Required Metal or Codeshares okay*: DL or any core partner

Thank You in advance for ideas!
Old Sep 6, 2022, 9:51 am

Programs: AAdvantage ExPlat LT Gold, BA Silver, Aegean Star Gold
Originally Posted by rcsgeorgia
Hey jfkeze, I've never seen the flights listed as AF flight numbers. Can you explain how to do that?
Thanks!
On which itinerary? For Delta flights with AF codes, it depends on the route, most Euro flights are part of the JV so should get codes on AF or VS in Premium Economy or Business.
This also works with ITA Powertools to get a AF code on 006 stock.
Feel free to DM with any questions! 🤓😊
Old Sep 6, 2022, 11:59 am

Originally Posted by diburning
BOS based. Need 3000+ MQDs to requalify for Gold (I'm good on MQMs due to rollover from last year). I flew Delta a bit less this year than I expected (and conversely I am closer to Gold on United than Delta) but Delta is my preferred airline due to it's selection of flights out of BOS that don't involve having to connect at a hub.

As a mildly overweight passenger who would prefer to be comfortable, I would prefer to sit in premium economy or better if flying transcons or long hauls.
Take a look at BOS-TIJ in business class on Aeromexico. Should earn in the $3000 MQD range.
e.g.
Old Sep 6, 2022, 4:35 pm

Originally Posted by lucke27
Departure Airport: ATL (willing to position within reason)
MQD Needed: 4000+
MQM Needed: N/A
Required Spend or Budget: flexible (but bang for the buck is preferable)
Available Travel Dates: Any dates after September (prefer last two weeks of December); prefer to take up to a week of vacation somewhere awesome vs immediate turnaround

Thank You in advance for ideas!
The last two weeks of December generally has some of the highest prices.

To earn $4000+ MQDs on a partner airline, you will need to fly at least 16,000 miles (8000 miles each way) if earning on Virgin Atlantic Economy Delight ($0.25 MQD x miles flown). Business class such as on KLM/Air France/Aero Mexico earns $0.40 MQD x miles flown which means you only have to fly 10,000 miles but will most likely pay more money.

The tool milesofme can give you a rough idea of the places within a certain radius of your city. For example, below is a 8000 mile radius of Atlanta.

ATL - CPT / JNB is about 20,000 miles. A one week trip to Capetown on Virgin Atlantic, Economy Delight class is currently around $2200 for travel in November into early December with a one week stay.
Old Sep 6, 2022, 6:40 pm

Found this flight if this helps anyone. What would the MQD earnings on DL be for this?
Pricing at $677 on KLM
JFK-AMS-CDG-FIH-CDG-JFK
Nov 19-21
Fare basis code: VL5L76M6
Search JFK to FIH

It wont let me post the link, since I am a noob, but hoping this helps someone!
Old Sep 6, 2022, 7:23 pm

Programs: AAdvantage ExPlat LT Gold, BA Silver, Aegean Star Gold
Originally Posted by milestoAfrica
Found this flight if this helps anyone. What would the MQD earnings on DL be for this?
Pricing at $677 on KLM
JFK-AMS-CDG-FIH-CDG-JFK
Nov 19-21
Fare basis code: VL5L76M6
Search JFK to FIH

It wont let me post the link, since I am a noob, but hoping this helps someone!
V class on KLM earns 5 (five) % of distance as MQDs15292*0.05 or 762 MQDs
Old Sep 6, 2022, 7:35 pm

Programs: Delta
Thank you! That’s super helpful information.

Originally Posted by canuck_traveler

To earn $4000+ MQDs on a partner airline, you will need to fly at least 16,000 miles (8000 miles each way) if earning on Virgin Atlantic Economy Delight ($0.25 MQD x miles flown). Business class such as on KLM/Air France/Aero Mexico earns $0.40 MQD x miles flown which means you only have to fly 10,000 miles but will most likely pay more money.

The tool milesofme can give you a rough idea of the places within a certain radius of your city. For example, below is a 8000 mile radius of Atlanta.

ATL - CPT / JNB is about 20,000 miles. A one week trip to Capetown on Virgin Atlantic, Economy Delight class is currently around $2200 for travel in November into early December with a one week stay.
Old Sep 6, 2022, 8:29 pm

Programs: DL: PM

Departure Airport: IAD (willing to position to LAX)
MQD Needed: 6000+
MQM Needed: 0
Required Spend or Budget: Under $3k / flexible (best $/MQDs preferred)
Available Travel Dates: Any dates before October 20, 2022

I currently need $6,270 in MQDs to re-qualify as Platinum on Delta and I have 75,073 MQMs.

Are there alternative flights to VS on different airlines (Air France, KLM) that would yield higher MQDs but at decent fares?

My appreciation in advance for suggestions

Last edited by Ewele; Sep 7, 2022 at 5:22 pm Reason: Updating information
Old Sep 6, 2022, 10:28 pm

Programs: American Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Silver
Take a look at BOS-TIJ in business class on Aeromexico. Should earn in the $3000 MQD range.
e.g.
Unfortunately, that looks like phantom availability. None of the sub $2500 fares for TIJ on Matrix were bookable on Aeromexico's website or through an OTA. It's possible that the mixed cabin combinations are unbookable on one ticket.

Last edited by diburning; Sep 7, 2022 at 5:42 am
Old Sep 7, 2022, 9:06 am

Can someone tell me how many Delta MQM and MQD's I will get for a RT flight from LAX-AMS on KLM in premium economy? I think the booking class is A but not 100% sure

Thanks for your help
Old Sep 7, 2022, 10:52 am

Originally Posted by diburning
Unfortunately, that looks like phantom availability. None of the sub $2500 fares for TIJ on Matrix were bookable on Aeromexico's website or through an OTA. It's possible that the mixed cabin combinations are unbookable on one ticket.
I checked with the tool Bookwithmatrix and was able to bring up the reservations with one of the OTAs before I posted yesterday.

Maybe something changed between when I posted as when you checked. Have you tried other dates?
Old Sep 7, 2022, 10:56 am

Departure Airport: SLC/IDA/PIH/JAC/BOI
MQD Needed: N/A
MQM Needed: 15,324 to get to Platinum
Required Spend or Budget: budget flexible, under $700 ideal
Available Travel Dates: ideal weekend of 10/21
Required Metal or Codeshares okay*: DL or any partner

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.