Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

DL/Sky Team: 2022 Consolidated Mileage/Status/Challenge Runs help needed

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 2, 2022, 1:46 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Pat89339
For each request, please include the following information:

Departure Airport:
Miles Needed:
Required Spend or Budget:
Available Travel Dates:
Required Metal or Codeshares okay*:

For each response. Please quote the original request. DO NOT START A SEPARATE THREAD.

----

NOTE: You will have greater chances of success if you have greater flexibility on travel dates and cost. If you need a lot of MQMs on weekends only for < 5 cpm it probably won't happen.

Other creative possibilities depending how many MQMs you need:
----

*"Required Metal or Codeshares" is, approximately, asking whether you need a flight operated specifically by Delta or if partner flights are ok. If you are just looking for MQMs to hit a Medallion tier the normal way, then the answer is yes. If you are doing a status challenge, the answer is also probably yes, but read the T&C of your challenge carefully to be sure (for the regular status challenge the answer is also "yes")

NOTE: some partner flights earn MQMs at reduced rates. See this chart for more info.

Newcomers may also be interested in the FlyerTalk Glossary

Need 4000+ MQDs?
If based in a city that is served by Virgin Atlantic such as IAD, JFK, BOS, MIA, LAS, LAX, SFO one of the best options is to fly to JNB or CPT via LHR. This can be done in a weekend and you can usually earn 4-5000 MQDs for under 1300-1600. You need to select Economy Delight which is similar to regular economy but with more legroom and the possibility of earning 20% of distance as MQDs. This is the most common way to earn large chunks at a cheap price.

Print Wikipost

DL/Sky Team: 2022 Consolidated Mileage/Status/Challenge Runs help needed

Search this Thread

Old Aug 19, 2022, 1:53 am

Programs: DL Plat (won't hit DM again) 2MM (2.5), HH Gold, PC Gold, Hyatt Plat
Originally Posted by jfkeze
Go to YYZ, you can get YYZ-ICN-SYD for USD 6000 or so in December and get 23552*.4 or 9421 MQDs, not a bargain but at least over 1.5ish MQD Ratio....
Thanks. I'd not thought of transitting YYZ - although I've done it a few times in the past - for extra MQDs to Europe on KL.
Once I get my petsit dates confirmed in Australia will set up a spreadsheet and work the options out -
KE through Canada, CI through TPE, VN/DL-AF-KL through Europe and Vietnam, or maybe find the few good dates on DL.
Best deals, how many extra legs, how much time. And trips that don't require going landside on connections that will require a covid test, not concerned about the test, but about paperwork complications.
Fortunately, I have time to travel and figure things out.

Last edited by mot29; Aug 19, 2022 at 2:06 am
Old Aug 19, 2022, 6:08 am

Programs: AAdvantage ExPlat LT Gold, BA Silver, Aegean Star Gold
Originally Posted by mot29
Thanks. I'd not thought of transitting YYZ - although I've done it a few times in the past - for extra MQDs to Europe on KL.
Once I get my petsit dates confirmed in Australia will set up a spreadsheet and work the options out -
KE through Canada, CI through TPE, VN/DL-AF-KL through Europe and Vietnam, or maybe find the few good dates on DL.
Best deals, how many extra legs, how much time. And trips that don't require going landside on connections that will require a covid test, not concerned about the test, but about paperwork complications.
Fortunately, I have time to travel and figure things out.
Head up that MQD wise, KE AF and KLM give 40% of distance (excluding O fares on AF/KLM) while CI/VN only give 20%.
Old Aug 21, 2022, 7:15 pm

Programs: DL Charter DM/DM/2MM, IHG Diamond Elite
Originally Posted by jfkeze
Option A
Head to Tijuana and then do some runs out of there such as CUN for under 300 and 1782 MQDs... Use this thread as guide, currently you can get to TIJ ex EWR for 920ish earning 2760 MQDs

Option B
Economy Delight to JNB? 25% of Distance as MQDs or 4536 MQDs...
If I book these flights on DL.com, using the DL code-share flight #s, will I still receive the 25% MQD bonus that I would receive if booked on VS?
Old Aug 21, 2022, 9:10 pm

Originally Posted by audidudi
If I book these flights on DL.com, using the DL code-share flight #s, will I still receive the 25% MQD bonus that I would receive if booked on VS?
NO! You need VS flight numbers to get the MQDs. So be careful before booking...
Quail likes this.
Old Aug 21, 2022, 10:27 pm

Programs: Delta Skymiles
Hi Folks,

Working on hitting Diamond this year. After other planned flights below is what I'm estimating to make it.

Departure Airport: ATL (also can do MCO or MIA)
Miles Needed: 9,000 MQM and 900 MQD
Required Spend or Budget: I'm ok with needed spend to hit both MQM and MQD in one flight
Available Travel Dates: Weekends from late Sept through EOY
Required Metal or Codeshares okay*: codeshare ok

TIA!
Old Aug 22, 2022, 7:06 am

Originally Posted by jth14
Hi Folks,

Working on hitting Diamond this year. After other planned flights below is what I'm estimating to make it.

Departure Airport: ATL (also can do MCO or MIA)
Miles Needed: 9,000 MQM and 900 MQD
Required Spend or Budget: I'm ok with needed spend to hit both MQM and MQD in one flight

TIA!
Take a look at a trip to Hawaii.

e.g. Nov 5, ATL-LIH, $1046 (MC), 9784 MQMs, $950 MQDs

jth14 likes this.
Old Aug 22, 2022, 8:40 am

I'm going to break the format because my question is more specific than normal. I need the most MQD to dollar spent way possible to go from the USA to MUC in 2023. I don't care when in 2023, or how stupid a routing, just the most MQD for the dollar spent. Ideal is if I can originate in RIC ORF or WAS, but for enough MQD I can find my way to most airports in the USA.
LukaszK likes this.
Old Aug 22, 2022, 10:30 am

Programs: DL DM, National EE, Hertz PC, IHG PL, Bonvoy Amb
Originally Posted by flyerfirsts
I'm going to break the format because my question is more specific than normal. I need the most MQD to dollar spent way possible to go from the USA to MUC in 2023. I don't care when in 2023, or how stupid a routing, just the most MQD for the dollar spent. Ideal is if I can originate in RIC ORF or WAS, but for enough MQD I can find my way to most airports in the USA.
I would suggest flying to LAX, then taking AF/KL through CDG/AMS in business. RT would get ~5k MQD.
Old Aug 22, 2022, 11:46 am

Diamond Run JFK based

Adjusting a previous post based trying to hit Diamond in a single run.

Departure Airport: JKF (ATL, MIA)
Miles Needed: 7000 MQM and 4000 MQD
Required Spend or Budget: Flexible budget as I'd rather do a single run
DeltaGoldLass likes this.

Last edited by Jonathanpeterwu; Aug 22, 2022 at 12:00 pm Reason: Miscalculated mqms
Old Aug 22, 2022, 10:46 pm

Originally Posted by MarkCron
I would suggest flying to LAX, then taking AF/KL through CDG/AMS in business. RT would get ~5k MQD.
Good thought on LAX, looks like AF premium economy would get me 3650 instead of 4875 but cost 1700 instead of 4000+.
Old Aug 23, 2022, 1:25 am

Originally Posted by Jonathanpeterwu
Adjusting a previous post based trying to hit Diamond in a single run.

Departure Airport: JKF (ATL, MIA)
Miles Needed: 7000 MQM and 4000 MQD
Required Spend or Budget: Flexible budget as I'd rather do a single run
Try Economy Delight with Virgin to JNB should be in the 1400ish range should give 25% of distance as MQDs so some 5000 MQDs and over 20,000 MQMs
Old Aug 23, 2022, 2:27 pm
formerly willbbiddy

Need the good ole 5k MQD. I know JNB Economy Delight is probably the best ratio, but is there anything more comfortable? I really don't want to serve that time in coach. Is there anything <$1500 in business that will get me there? I can fly from anywhere in the USA though CSG/ATL prefered.
DeltaGoldLass likes this.
Old Aug 24, 2022, 4:11 pm

Programs: Delta MM+ DM trusted traveler, goes, Marriott, IHG SPG. NH Hyatt, Hilton
Need 5K MQD for diamond… From JFK but will position… I really

Originally Posted by BirdLawyer
Need the good ole 5k MQD. I know JNB Economy Delight is probably the best ratio, but is there anything more comfortable? I really don't want to serve that time in coach. Is there anything <$1500 in business that will get me there? I can fly from anywhere in the USA though CSG/ATL prefered.
HATE flying Aeromexico they are so difficult to communicate with though the best value In town!
what would get me the cheapest ticket to acquire 3500 MQD plz
id position…. Prefer flying up front but not mandatory
thank you
Old Aug 24, 2022, 7:01 pm

Programs: Delta, Marriott, National
Departure Airport: ATL
MQD Needed: 8000
Required Spend or Budget: $1k - $2k
Available Travel Dates: Any dates before end of 2022
Required Metal or Codeshares okay*: DL or any partner

I had a change of plans and am looking to try and get a mileage run in September (Sept. 9-12) for roughly $5k - $8k MQD, if possible. Any recommendations?
Old Aug 24, 2022, 7:05 pm

Departure Airport: SEA or YVR
Miles Needed: 4,000 MQM
Required Spend or Budget: Ideally under $1k
Available Travel Dates: Flexible, totally ok to fly somewhere and back same day too
Required Metal or Codeshares okay*: Codeshare ok

Current Platinum, looking to requalify for platinum but need about 4000 more MQM.

Last edited by enkiktd; Aug 24, 2022 at 7:07 pm Reason: fixing spend

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.