Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

DL/Sky Team: 2022 Consolidated Mileage/Status/Challenge Runs help needed

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 2, 2022, 1:46 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Pat89339
For each request, please include the following information:

Departure Airport:
Miles Needed:
Required Spend or Budget:
Available Travel Dates:
Required Metal or Codeshares okay*:

For each response. Please quote the original request. DO NOT START A SEPARATE THREAD.

----

NOTE: You will have greater chances of success if you have greater flexibility on travel dates and cost. If you need a lot of MQMs on weekends only for < 5 cpm it probably won't happen.

Other creative possibilities depending how many MQMs you need:
----

*"Required Metal or Codeshares" is, approximately, asking whether you need a flight operated specifically by Delta or if partner flights are ok. If you are just looking for MQMs to hit a Medallion tier the normal way, then the answer is yes. If you are doing a status challenge, the answer is also probably yes, but read the T&C of your challenge carefully to be sure (for the regular status challenge the answer is also "yes")

NOTE: some partner flights earn MQMs at reduced rates. See this chart for more info.

Newcomers may also be interested in the FlyerTalk Glossary

Need 4000+ MQDs?
If based in a city that is served by Virgin Atlantic such as IAD, JFK, BOS, MIA, LAS, LAX, SFO one of the best options is to fly to JNB or CPT via LHR. This can be done in a weekend and you can usually earn 4-5000 MQDs for under 1300-1600. You need to select Economy Delight which is similar to regular economy but with more legroom and the possibility of earning 20% of distance as MQDs. This is the most common way to earn large chunks at a cheap price.

Print Wikipost

DL/Sky Team: 2022 Consolidated Mileage/Status/Challenge Runs help needed

Search this Thread

Old Sep 1, 2022, 9:29 pm

Programs: Delta SkyMiles - PM
Just wanted to thank y'all for the help. Followed the tips, completed my final mileage run for Diamond over the weekend. Exhausted, but will be worth it for the next 17 months.
Old Sep 2, 2022, 7:06 am

Originally Posted by flyerfirsts
I'm going to break the format because my question is more specific than normal. I need the most MQD to dollar spent way possible to go from the USA to MUC in 2023. I don't care when in 2023, or how stupid a routing, just the most MQD for the dollar spent. Ideal is if I can originate in RIC ORF or WAS, but for enough MQD I can find my way to most airports in the USA.
Originally Posted by MarkCron
I would suggest flying to LAX, then taking AF/KL through CDG/AMS in business. RT would get ~5k MQD.
Changing my tack a bit because I am realizing I will get very little use out of Diamond earned in 2023 (because our plan is for my wife to become pregnant during 2023, thus probably not much flying the first half of 2024). So instead I'm thinking I'll start maximizing MQM to have as much rollover as possible into calendar 2024. Is there anything I can do to maximize MQM getting to MUC? It seems like on MQM front the earning is the same whether it is booked through DL AF KLM or VS, with the one favorable point being I can earn MQM on a DL award ticket?
Old Sep 2, 2022, 11:48 am

MQMs needed

Departure Airport: MCO
MQD Needed: 0
MQM Needed: 20000
Required Spend or Budget: cheap as possible
Available Travel Dates: Any dates before January except week of holidays
Required Metal or Codeshares okay*: DL or any partner

hello all, I’m trying to hit platinum by the end of the year and need about 20k MQMs for as cheap as possible. It could be a day run or 3 days max.

I’m really not sure how code share works but I am willing to give it a go, I would prefer DL for possible upgrades.

thank all in advanced.

Last edited by Boosting4doors; Sep 2, 2022 at 12:10 pm
Old Sep 2, 2022, 2:09 pm

Originally Posted by Boosting4doors
Departure Airport: MCO
MQD Needed: 0
MQM Needed: 20000
Required Spend or Budget: cheap as possible
Available Travel Dates: Any dates before January except week of holidays

hello all, I’m trying to hit platinum by the end of the year and need about 20k MQMs for as cheap as possible. It could be a day run or 3 days max.

I’m really not sure how code share works but I am willing to give it a go, I would prefer DL for possible upgrades.

thank all in advanced.
A MR to the Hawaiian islands will get you about 10,000 MQMs. Prices can be as low as $530. Use Delta flexible date search to find cheapest prices to KOA, OGG, LIH, HNL

Alternatively, you can pick up all the miles on one trip with a run to JNB. Delta has tickets for as low as $1222 and earns 20,600 MQMS. Use the Delta flexible date search to find desired travel dates and prices.
e.g. Nov 12 - 13, MCO-ATL-AMS-JNB-AMS-MCO, $1222 (MC), 20,607 MQMs, 110 minutes in JNB

Old Sep 2, 2022, 3:07 pm

Originally Posted by canuck_traveler
A MR to the Hawaiian islands will get you about 10,000 MQMs. Prices can be as low as $530. Use Delta flexible date search to find cheapest prices to KOA, OGG, LIH, HNL

Alternatively, you can pick up all the miles on one trip with a run to JNB. Delta has tickets for as low as $1222 and earns 20,600 MQMS. Use the Delta flexible date search to find desired travel dates and prices.
e.g. Nov 12 - 13, MCO-ATL-AMS-JNB-AMS-MCO, $1222 (MC), 20,607 MQMs, 110 minutes in JNB
Thank you for the help. I think two trips to Hawaii would be better for me, I could use miles for one or two.. and the possibility of upgrades versus main cabin for the long JNB trip!
Old Sep 2, 2022, 4:28 pm

Originally Posted by Boosting4doors
Thank you for the help. I think two trips to Hawaii would be better for me, I could use miles for one or two.. and the possibility of upgrades versus main cabin for the long JNB trip!
Note that the JNB mileage run is sold by Delta so if you had GUCs, you could potentially get upgraded on the KLM operated flights.
Old Sep 2, 2022, 5:23 pm

Note that the JNB mileage run is sold by Delta so if you had GUCs, you could potentially get upgraded on the KLM operated flights.
I am still a silver peasant lol. I should be at gold by mid-October. So no GUC as of yet!
thank you.
Old Sep 2, 2022, 5:24 pm

I am still a silver peasant lol. I should be at gold by mid-October. So no GUC as of yet!
thank you.
Old Sep 2, 2022, 6:39 pm

Originally Posted by Megatron24
Just wanted to thank y'all for the help. Followed the tips, completed my final mileage run for Diamond over the weekend. Exhausted, but will be worth it for the next 17 months.
What trips did you do?
Old Sep 3, 2022, 9:47 am

I need to take a trip to CAI and wanted to do it as a MR if possible. I tried to get creative but then remembered the wonderful minds here are better at that.

Departure Airport: CMH/CVG/CLE/DAY/Any WAS airport
MQD Needed: As many as possible
Required Spend or Budget: $3500ish
Available Travel Dates: Depart 9/2, Return 10/7
Old Sep 3, 2022, 4:46 pm

Programs: AAdvantage ExPlat LT Gold, BA Silver, Aegean Star Gold
Originally Posted by Loquascious
I need to take a trip to CAI and wanted to do it as a MR if possible. I tried to get creative but then remembered the wonderful minds here are better at that.

Departure Airport: CMH/CVG/CLE/DAY/Any WAS airport
MQD Needed: As many as possible
Required Spend or Budget: $3500ish
Available Travel Dates: Depart 9/2, Return 10/7
Trip in the past? Best deal these days to CAI is out of JFK starting in November for $2191 and it gives 16893 MQMs 4505 MQDs 2.05 MQD Ratio Google Flights
Prices are above 3000 in September / October...
You can get the same flights in Premium Economy for about 2000 in September/October from Chicago
Old Sep 3, 2022, 9:07 pm

Originally Posted by lhicks21
What trips did you do?
Went to Dubai on KLM, Z fare business, and then 3 TIJ-CUN runs. Original plan was SEA-LIM on AM and LAS-JNB on VS, the latter of which someone here very courteously worked out an optimal plan for me, but work plans scrapped those.
Old Sep 3, 2022, 9:10 pm

Originally Posted by Megatron24
Went to Dubai on KLM, Z fare business, and then 3 TIJ-CUN runs. Original plan was SEA-LIM on AM and LAS-JNB on VS, the latter of which someone here very courteously worked out an optimal plan for me, but work plans scrapped those.
how much does a tij cun run cost when it's a good fare and how many mqd does it get?
Old Sep 3, 2022, 10:38 pm

Originally Posted by flyerfirsts
how much does a tij cun run cost when it's a good fare and how many mqd does it get?
OP on the thread said $244. I got $301 and was fine with it. 1783 MQD with an I fare. Connection in MEX. My personal fave Centurion lounge (over SEA, LAS, LAX, MIA, DEN, JFK, SFO, CLT), if you have access.

Business on AM was… fine? Definitely nothing mind blowing, meals were underwhelming, seating arrangement is plane dependent bc you can end up with coach seating and the middle seat being blocked makes it “business”, but end of day, I was just doing this for the status ~> upgrades + skypesos.
Old Sep 5, 2022, 11:21 am

Programs: DM-3MM, Marriott Platinum 4 Life, VFW-Life
How to show partner airline flight numbers?

Hey jfkeze, I've never seen the flights listed as AF flight numbers. Can you explain how to do that?
Thanks!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.