FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - DL/Sky Team: 2022 Consolidated Mileage/Status/Challenge Runs help needed
Old Jul 1, 2022, 2:00 pm
jfkeze

Programs: AAdvantage ExPlat LT Gold, BA Silver, Aegean Star Gold
Originally Posted by jimrpa
Departure Airport: PHL (could do NYC, ABE, or WAS)
Miles Needed: None
Required Spend or Budget: <$2,000. Could do up to $3,000 (a tiny bit more maybe)
Available Travel Dates: ANYTIME except October - 1st week of November (ideally a long weekend in conjunction with a US holiday - who am I kidding &#128512
Required Metal or Codeshares okay*: Codeshares are fine (is Saudia safe for gay people?)
  • I need about $7K MQD to hit platinum.
  • Ideally would prefer to stay below $2K. Can go up to $3K (maybe a tiny bit more).
  • Would prefer business or premium economy.
  • Short trip duration, if possible (out and back is ideal). I don’t mind making a few days into a mini vacation though.
  • I have a (currently totally useless) Chinese Visa
  • Month of October and first week of November are out of the question (maximum panic time for the Disney W&D Half).

Many thanks!
Saudia is a bad option because they only give 20% of distance as MQDs.

Aeromexico Tijuana routes such as those that I've shared earlier in this thread could give some 2000 MQDs per pop but you really need is a long haul...

This thread recommends Virgin Economy Delight ( 34 or 36 inch regular economy seats) to South Africa as you get 25% of Distance or some 5000 MQDs in a weekend, Y+ gives 30% and lately been pricing pretty high relative to Y...

Sometimes Y+ shows up on Google Flights at an attractive price but usually with DL codes which don't help at all ..

Perhaps a Y+ trip to Spain and then grab a South America Aeromexivo fare ..