FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - DL/Sky Team: 2022 Consolidated Mileage/Status/Challenge Runs help needed
Old Jun 26, 2022, 2:16 pm
canuck_traveler

Originally Posted by Megatron24
I've been waiting on clinching Platinum to post here, didn't want to get ahead of myself. Here I am, first post! Long time lurker.

Thank you everyone for your contributions, which made me bookmark these forums, hope I'll be helping others some day. For now, if anyone wants to look out for me, I greatly appreciate it.

Departure Airport: LAS, although PHX, SAN, LAX, DEN all wouldn't be awful. I visit family in DC occasionally, so WAS would probably work too. Same with FLL/MIA.
Miles Needed: 37k MQM/$13,000, please don't judge me, I got here mostly through rollovers and card spend, but I do love traveling, and have the budget to make this work assuming 3(ish)MQD/$1 spend
Required Spend or Budget: Sub $5000 would be great, down to eat it in 2 trips to minimize time spent collecting the miles (although getting to see sights is great), or more trips to check out more places
Available Travel Dates: Any outside of 7/28-8/5, 9/8-9/20
Required Metal or Codeshares okay*: Wish I knew what this meant

Thanks again any/everyone! Sorry my first post isn't to contribute.
The challenge will most likely be the MQDs.

You can knock off all the MQM requirements and most of the MQD requirement with two LAS-JNB runs on Virgin Atlantic (Economy Delight class). Each trip would earn about $5400 MQDs and 27,000 MQMs. The remaining $2200 or so can be done with a TIJ - X AeroMexico run. see post

e.g. both August 13 - 15 and August 20 - 22 (back to LAS on 23rd) are available for $1413. Use Virgin Atlantic flexible date search for desired dates

Last edited by canuck_traveler; Jun 26, 2022 at 2:24 pm