Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

DL/Sky Team: 2019 Consolidated Mileage/Status/Challenge Runs help needed

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 31, 2018, 10:40 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Pat89339
For each request, please include the following information:

Departure Airport:
Miles Needed:
Required Spend or Budget:
Available Travel Dates:
Required Metal or Codeshares okay*:

For each response. Please quote the original request. DO NOT START A SEPARATE THREAD.

----

NOTE: You will have greater chances of success if you have greater flexibility on travel dates and cost. If you need a lot of MQMs on weekends only for < 5 cpm it probably won't happen.

Other creative possibilities depending how many MQMs you need:
----

*"Required Metal or Codeshares" is, approximately, asking whether you need a flight operated specifically by Delta or if partner flights are ok. If you are just looking for MQMs to hit a Medallion tier the normal way, then the answer is yes. If you are doing a status challenge, the answer is also probably yes, but read the T&C of your challenge carefully to be sure (for the regular status challenge the answer is also "yes")

NOTE: some partner flights earn MQMs at reduced rates. See this chart for more info.

Newcomers may also be interested in the FlyerTalk Glossary
Print Wikipost

DL/Sky Team: 2019 Consolidated Mileage/Status/Challenge Runs help needed

Search this Thread

Old Dec 10, 2019, 5:41 am

Originally Posted by jaystory9
3 year Diamond and my last work trip just got cancelled so I am short $2500 MQD's to re-qualify. Trying to figure if there are any decent partner flights from SLC to get the requisite MQD's or do I just buy a business class ticket from SLC to JFK for a day trip? Any help would be appreciated as I've been searching tirelessly since I found out my trip got cancelled yesterday.

Departure Airport: SLC preferred
Miles Needed: 0
MQD Needed: $2500
Required Spend or Budget: Under $1750
Available Travel Dates: 12/14 - 12/15, or 12/27 - 12/30
An option:

Dec 28 - 30, Delta, SLC-LAX, $313, $264 MQDs (positioning flights)
Dec 28 - 30, China Eastern, LAX-SIN, $1224 (fare classes: N-B-B-N), $2250 MQDs, about 20,000 MQMs

Old Dec 10, 2019, 10:13 am

Originally Posted by Schmoops
Same idea as Canuck, just saves a few bucks:

are the MQMs quoted assuming so extra status? The reason i ask, I need about 20k to retain diamond. If fly business class dayton, ohio to ogg it shows 13K MQM and 15K miles (no idea why) but would i still get my diamond bonus?

Thanks! I don't need MQDs.
Old Dec 10, 2019, 10:23 am

Originally Posted by BallardFlyer
Last intl trip of the year was canceled and need $3000 mqd to keep Diamond.

MQM needed: 0

MQD need: $3000

Preferred Departure Airport: KOA, HNL, or SEA / PDX / YVR / LAX / SFO if I must

Any dates up to 12/23
You could fly Aeromexico Business class to Mexico City which is about 8000 miles and would earn $3200 MQDs

e.g. Dec 17 - 18, Aeromexico, HNL-LAX-MEX-LAX-HNL, $2066, about 12,000 MQMs, $3300 MQDs, book on Aeromexico website

BallardFlyer likes this.
Old Dec 10, 2019, 10:45 am

Departure Airport: ATL preferably. Can also do CHA.
Miles Needed: 13k
MQD Needed: $3400
Budget: Anything cheaper than buying the miles
Available Travel Dates: Any before January.

Trying to find a MR to hit DM before end of the year. Help me FlyerTalk, you're my only hope!

Last edited by copernicanrevolution; Dec 10, 2019 at 11:36 am
Old Dec 10, 2019, 10:47 am

Help with mileage run

I have diamond status but will be about 21k MQM short for keeping Diamond. Will have final number after this week trip. .

Dayton and Cincinnati are my home airports. Looking for cheapest mileage run options. Also, if i book on partner site, are partner fares eligible for bonus MQM (business or first class)?

Thanks for any suggestions.

Departure Airport: DAY, CVG
current status: Diamond
Miles Needed: 21k
MQD Needed: 0
Required Spend or Budget: cheapest
Available Travel Dates: Any before January

Last edited by chromedome00; Dec 10, 2019 at 3:05 pm Reason: Clarify
Old Dec 10, 2019, 11:20 am

Programs: Delta GM, SPG/Marriott Silver Elite
Just want to see if I can hit PM

Departure Airport: ORD or MDW or MKE
Miles Needed: 10,265 (estimated)
MQDs Needed: 0
Required Spend or Budget: as little as possible, since I already hit my MQDs
Available Travel Dates: 12/13 - 15 or 12/20 - 22
Current Status: GM

I know this is a longshot since I only have weekend availability, but I spent so much money this year due to expensive last minute international work trips (not bragging, just illustrating my annoyance) and I'm over the MQD requirement even for DM, so I just want to explore the possibility of going for PM. I've already done FCM to upgrade my Xmas trip to max out my MQMs there, and will re-hit GM after that trip, so then if I hit my Platinum Amex spending threshold this year, I'll get the 10,000 MQM bonus and will just need 10,265 MQMs to hit Platinum. I know being in Illinois/Wisconsin makes it trickier, but I see that I can get an Aeromexico redeye on Friday to MEX and then turn around a few hours later and head back to ORD, and it's about $700 for premier. However, I can't tell how many MQMs that would get me. Thanks in advance.

P.S. canuck_traveler you're the G.O.A.T. and deserve a medal for helping all of us so much.
Old Dec 10, 2019, 7:30 pm

Originally Posted by chromedome00
are the MQMs quoted assuming so extra status? The reason i ask, I need about 20k to retain diamond. If fly business class dayton, ohio to ogg it shows 13K MQM and 15K miles (no idea why) but would i still get my diamond bonus?

Thanks! I don't need MQDs.
MQMs are awarded based on the class of fare purchased - there is no bonus for medallion status.

For RDMs, medallion status plays a part in how much you earn.
Old Dec 10, 2019, 7:42 pm

Help with reaching GM, or should I just rollover?

Am 6,391 MQMs short of GM, but have yet to book my return for an upcoming work trip. Pondering whether to just let things rollover or to go for it; don't have much time to pull off a run and shouldn't spend a lot, but am curious if flying overnight on 12/17 and all day on 12/18 could get the job done.

Departure Airport: Out of CLT, finish at PWM
Miles Needed: 6,391
Required Spend or Budget: The cheaper the better; can use miles to upgrade to first to capture the 150% earn rate
Available Travel Dates: Depart no earlier than 7 PM on 12/17 out of CLT, need to get home to PWM preferably by 6PM on 12/18, else 11 PM
Required Metal or Codeshares okay - sure

First time poster - TIA for your thoughts!

Last edited by ezwjr; Dec 11, 2019 at 4:36 am
Old Dec 10, 2019, 7:47 pm

Originally Posted by copernicanrevolution
Departure Airport: ATL preferably. Can also do CHA.
Miles Needed: 13k
MQD Needed: $3400
Budget: Anything cheaper than buying the miles
Available Travel Dates: Any before January.

Trying to find a MR to hit DM before end of the year. Help me FlyerTalk, you're my only hope!
I didn't have any luck finding an Aeromexico business class ticket to LIM or SCL which would have got you the desired miles and $.

You can do Virgin Atlantic to JNB in Economy Classic (booking into class U which earns 20% MQDs) to earn about $3900 MQDs and 19,500 MQMs but at bit more expensive now than earlier in the year.

Old Dec 10, 2019, 8:03 pm

Originally Posted by PassportStamps
Departure Airport: ORD or MDW or MKE
Miles Needed: 10,265 (estimated)
MQDs Needed: 0
Required Spend or Budget: as little as possible, since I already hit my MQDs
Available Travel Dates: 12/13 - 15 or 12/20 - 22
Current Status: GM

I know this is a longshot since I only have weekend availability, but I spent so much money this year due to expensive last minute international work trips (not bragging, just illustrating my annoyance) and I'm over the MQD requirement even for DM, so I just want to explore the possibility of going for PM. I've already done FCM to upgrade my Xmas trip to max out my MQMs there, and will re-hit GM after that trip, so then if I hit my Platinum Amex spending threshold this year, I'll get the 10,000 MQM bonus and will just need 10,265 MQMs to hit Platinum. I know being in Illinois/Wisconsin makes it trickier, but I see that I can get an Aeromexico redeye on Friday to MEX and then turn around a few hours later and head back to ORD, and it's about $700 for premier. However, I can't tell how many MQMs that would get me. Thanks in advance..
Dec 13, ORD-OGG, $861, 10,392 MQMs (routing: ORD-ATL-SEA-OGG-LAX-DTW-ORD)

Use Delta search ORD-OGG, Dec 13 as departure and return date, select the routing above

Old Dec 10, 2019, 8:04 pm

Programs: Delta
Going to be in Atlanta for work and was thinking I'd try and do a quick RT somewhere from ATL to get enough MQMs to maintain my Platinum status on Delta

Departure Airport: ATL
Miles Needed: 7500
Budget: As cheap as possible
Available Travel Dates: Leave Fri 12/20 - Return 12/22 or 12/23

Thanks!
Old Dec 10, 2019, 8:33 pm

Originally Posted by chromedome00
I have diamond status but will be about 21k MQM short for keeping Diamond. Will have final number after this week trip. .

Dayton and Cincinnati are my home airports. Looking for cheapest mileage run options. Also, if i book on partner site, are partner fares eligible for bonus MQM (business or first class)?

Thanks for any suggestions.

Departure Airport: DAY, CVG
current status: Diamond
Miles Needed: 21k
Required Spend or Budget: cheapest
Available Travel Dates: Any before January
Two runs from CVG-OGG can get you about 9800 MQMs each. Add a 3rd short trip to get to 21K. Prices for a same day return at the end of December (28,29,30,31) are in the $815+ range.

Are you able to reposition to JFK? If so,

Dec 14 - 16, China Eastern, JFK-MLE, $1235 (booking classes: N-B-B-S), about 25,000 MQMs

Old Dec 10, 2019, 8:55 pm

Programs: United Airlines
3 Segments needed from MSP

Departure Airport: MSP
Segments Needed: 3
Required Spend or Budget: Open, prefer under $500
Available Travel Dates: Before Dec 31, weekends preferred, but can do quick evening turn-around flights

Any help would be appreciated.
Old Dec 10, 2019, 8:56 pm

Originally Posted by ezwjr
Am 6,391 MQMs short of GM, but have yet to book my return for an upcoming work trip. Pondering whether to just let things rollover or to go for it; don't have much time to pull off a run and shouldn't spend a lot, but am curious if flying overnight on 12/17 and all day on 12/18 could get the job done.

Departure Airport: Out of CLT, finish at PWM
Miles Needed: 6,391
Required Spend or Budget: The cheaper the better; can use miles to upgrade to first to capture the 150% earn rate
Available Travel Dates: Depart no earlier than 7 PM on 12/17 out of CLT, need to get home to PWM preferably by 6PM on 12/18, else 11 PM
Required Metal or Codeshares okay - sure

First time poster - TIA for your thoughts!
Route your return trip through Las Vegas. If you can upgrade to first then you will get about 7500 MQMs (4995 x 1.5) - routing is CLT-ATL-LAS-JFK-PWM

ezwjr likes this.
Old Dec 10, 2019, 9:10 pm

Originally Posted by jeremyyo
Departure Airport: MSP
Segments Needed: 3
Required Spend or Budget: Open, prefer under $500
Available Travel Dates: Before Dec 31, weekends preferred, but can do quick evening turn-around flights

Any help would be appreciated.
You can take a look at doing two quick trips to airports within Minnesota (e.g. RST, DLH, etc.). Tickets are in the $200 range per trip for same day weekend trips. ORD is in the same price range.

Dec. 28 - MDW, $146

Last edited by canuck_traveler; Dec 11, 2019 at 6:15 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.