Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

DL/Sky Team: 2019 Consolidated Mileage/Status/Challenge Runs help needed

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 31, 2018, 10:40 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Pat89339
For each request, please include the following information:

Departure Airport:
Miles Needed:
Required Spend or Budget:
Available Travel Dates:
Required Metal or Codeshares okay*:

For each response. Please quote the original request. DO NOT START A SEPARATE THREAD.

----

NOTE: You will have greater chances of success if you have greater flexibility on travel dates and cost. If you need a lot of MQMs on weekends only for < 5 cpm it probably won't happen.

Other creative possibilities depending how many MQMs you need:
----

*"Required Metal or Codeshares" is, approximately, asking whether you need a flight operated specifically by Delta or if partner flights are ok. If you are just looking for MQMs to hit a Medallion tier the normal way, then the answer is yes. If you are doing a status challenge, the answer is also probably yes, but read the T&C of your challenge carefully to be sure (for the regular status challenge the answer is also "yes")

NOTE: some partner flights earn MQMs at reduced rates. See this chart for more info.

Newcomers may also be interested in the FlyerTalk Glossary
Print Wikipost

DL/Sky Team: 2019 Consolidated Mileage/Status/Challenge Runs help needed

Search this Thread

Old Dec 9, 2019, 9:56 am

Originally Posted by alp436
Hi all -- first time posting. Trying to make Diamond before the end of the year :/

Departure Airport: NYC (JFK / LGA / EWR)
Miles Needed: 10K
MQD Needed: 0
Required Spend or Budget: As low as possible
Available Travel Dates: 12/14 - 12/15, or 12/20 - 12/21. Need to be in DTW by 12/22 in the AM.
A run to LIH will get you 10,100 MQMs on Dec 14 for $895. If you are flexible with the dates, less expensive flights are available. You can use the Delta flexible date search to check out prices to other Hawaiian destinations.

Old Dec 9, 2019, 10:12 am

Originally Posted by AlistiarTofts
Please help!
Departure Airport: CAE/GSP/AGS/CHS/CLT
Miles Needed: 15,000 MQMs & $140 spent dollars
Required Spend or Budget: as little as possible but under $2k
Available Travel Dates: Between Dec 23-31
Required Metal or Codeshares okay*: yes

Thanks in advance!!
You could do a single trip to HKG to pick up the required mileage.

e.g. Dec 24 - 26, CAE-HKG, $1709, about 17,800 MQMs, 12 hours in HKG, getting back to CAE the evening of Dec. 26

Or you could do two runs to OGG for a little less money and about 20,000 MQMs. Below is a calendar of same day trips from CAE-OGG.

Old Dec 9, 2019, 10:56 am

Programs: DL PM, Marriott PM
Originally Posted by alp436
Hi all -- first time posting. Trying to make Diamond before the end of the year :/

Departure Airport: NYC (JFK / LGA / EWR)
Miles Needed: 10K
MQD Needed: 0
Available Travel Dates: 12/14 - 12/15, or 12/20 - 12/21. Need to be in DTW by 12/22 in the AM.
Dec 14, JFK-OGG $964 9,922MQM - assume you'd get any remaining MQM needed with your flight to Detroit on 12/22.

Old Dec 9, 2019, 10:58 am

Help Appreciated - FROM MSP (or nearby) ,
need 6000 MQMs
travel anytime this month,
Delta Skyteam.

Thanks in advance.

(also, sorry if I posted this incorrectly, still learning ...)
Old Dec 9, 2019, 12:17 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite, Delta Platinum, UA Silver, Hertz President Circle
Hi everyone -- first time posting in quite a while. By earning 15k MQMs from the Delta Amex somewhat unexpectedly (actually forgot about the perk), it's put me fairly close to Platinum. I'd like to see if I can make Platinum before the end of the year.

Departure Airport: FNT (LAN, MBS, DTW)
Miles Needed: 9,600
MQD Needed: 0 (Amex waiver )
Available Travel Dates: 12/15 Through end of the year (would like to be home on the holidays).

Thanks for any help
Old Dec 9, 2019, 12:18 pm

Originally Posted by Flysmartandcheap
Help Appreciated - FROM MSP (or nearby) ,
need 6000 MQMs
travel anytime this month,
Delta Skyteam.

Thanks in advance.

(also, sorry if I posted this incorrectly, still learning ...)
How about MSP-OGG on Dec. 30? $671, 8597 MQMs (routing: MSP-SFO-LAX-OGG-LAX-MSP)

Use Delta search, MSP-OGG with departure and return date Dec. 30, select the routing listed above from the options.

Old Dec 9, 2019, 12:50 pm

Originally Posted by motionguy
Hi everyone -- first time posting in quite a while. By earning 15k MQMs from the Delta Amex somewhat unexpectedly (actually forgot about the perk), it's put me fairly close to Platinum. I'd like to see if I can make Platinum before the end of the year.

Departure Airport: FNT (LAN, MBS, DTW)
Miles Needed: 9,600
MQD Needed: 0 (Amex waiver )
Available Travel Dates: 12/15 Through end of the year (would like to be home on the holidays).

Thanks for any help
Flying from Flint is a bit more expensive than from Detroit but you get a few more miles and saves a hotel stay with the early morning departures.

The routing below is FNT-ATL-SLC-OGG-SLC-ATL-FNT

motionguy likes this.
Old Dec 9, 2019, 1:40 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite, Delta Platinum, UA Silver, Hertz President Circle
Originally Posted by canuck_traveler
Flying from Flint is a bit more expensive than from Detroit but you get a few more miles and saves a hotel stay with the early morning departures.

The routing below is FNT-ATL-SLC-OGG-SLC-ATL-FNT

Thanks for the routing, it does chew up a whole weekend. But, gets me the MQMs for half what it would cost to buy them from Delta. I checked the DTW route and it only offers 8834 miles so the FNT or MBS or LAN is probably best.
Old Dec 9, 2019, 1:50 pm

Programs: DL PM, Marriott PM
Originally Posted by motionguy
Thanks for the routing, it does chew up a whole weekend. But, gets me the MQMs for half what it would cost to buy them from Delta. I checked the DTW route and it only offers 8834 miles so the FNT or MBS or LAN is probably best.
Same idea as Canuck, just saves a few bucks:

motionguy likes this.
Old Dec 9, 2019, 3:30 pm

Incredible canuck_traveler -- I don't know how you find such specifics so quickly. THANK YOU!
Old Dec 9, 2019, 8:24 pm

Programs: Delta
End of December DL Run to Diamond

Hello...looking for a mileage run -- NYC to wherever, December 29 to Jan 4. Preference to stay at least two days. Need 24K miles to diamond. Already have the MQDs.
Old Dec 9, 2019, 9:13 pm

Programs: Delta
Thanks guys! In the interest of trying something new, google flights gave me the idea of JFK/ATL/STT economy, then STT/JFK in First. Came to 5,900 mqm due to some bonus I don't understand, and not a lot of time wasted. Spent a bit more than I wanted to, but hey, I deserve it
Hit me up if anyone is hanging in St. Thomas eve of 12/18!
Old Dec 9, 2019, 9:56 pm

Originally Posted by ccbutta
Hello...looking for a mileage run -- NYC to wherever, December 29 to Jan 4. Preference to stay at least two days. Need 24K miles to diamond. Already have the MQDs.
You will need to adjust your dates slightly if you want to stay for 2 days - you need to earn 24K in this calendar year for the miles to go toward this year's qualification.

So if you can depart on Dec. 26 then

Dec 26 - 29, China Eastern, JFK-MLE, $1755 (fare classes: M-B-B-S), about 25,500 MQMs, 49 hours in MLE, get back to JFK early afternoon on Dec. 30, Book on Expedia (same price if you want to depart on the 30th instead of the 29th)

Last edited by canuck_traveler; Dec 9, 2019 at 10:23 pm Reason: give MLE option
Old Dec 9, 2019, 11:18 pm

Programs: delta skyteam
3 year Diamond and my last work trip just got cancelled so I am short $2500 MQD's to re-qualify. Trying to figure if there are any decent partner flights from SLC to get the requisite MQD's or do I just buy a business class ticket from SLC to JFK for a day trip? Any help would be appreciated as I've been searching tirelessly since I found out my trip got cancelled yesterday.

Departure Airport: SLC preferred
Miles Needed: 0
MQD Needed: $2500
Required Spend or Budget: Under $1750
Available Travel Dates: 12/14 - 12/15, or 12/27 - 12/30
Old Dec 10, 2019, 1:14 am

Programs: DL DM, AS MVPG, AA PP, UA 1K, Bonvoy Plat, Hyatt Globalist, HH Gold, Avis PC, Hertz PC, Natl EE
Last intl trip of the year was canceled and need $3000 mqd to keep Diamond.

MQM needed: 0

MQD need: $3000

Preferred Departure Airport: KOA, HNL, or SEA / PDX / YVR / LAX / SFO if I must

Any dates up to 12/23

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.