Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

DL/Sky Team: 2019 Consolidated Mileage/Status/Challenge Runs help needed

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 31, 2018, 10:40 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Pat89339
For each request, please include the following information:

Departure Airport:
Miles Needed:
Required Spend or Budget:
Available Travel Dates:
Required Metal or Codeshares okay*:

For each response. Please quote the original request. DO NOT START A SEPARATE THREAD.

----

NOTE: You will have greater chances of success if you have greater flexibility on travel dates and cost. If you need a lot of MQMs on weekends only for < 5 cpm it probably won't happen.

Other creative possibilities depending how many MQMs you need:
----

*"Required Metal or Codeshares" is, approximately, asking whether you need a flight operated specifically by Delta or if partner flights are ok. If you are just looking for MQMs to hit a Medallion tier the normal way, then the answer is yes. If you are doing a status challenge, the answer is also probably yes, but read the T&C of your challenge carefully to be sure (for the regular status challenge the answer is also "yes")

NOTE: some partner flights earn MQMs at reduced rates. See this chart for more info.

Newcomers may also be interested in the FlyerTalk Glossary
Print Wikipost

DL/Sky Team: 2019 Consolidated Mileage/Status/Challenge Runs help needed

Search this Thread

Old Dec 2, 2019, 7:13 pm

Originally Posted by InFrontofU
Hello there,
My name is Jay and hoping you can help me achieve Diamond status for the first time. I have been traveling for work the last 3 years as platinum and starting to find I can easily be hitting Diamond by using tips on this site for my domestic travel.
Based in San Diego, but can easily fly from LAX or TIJ.

That said, I am currently 16,419 MQMs and $3128 MQDs short of diamond! I have read that many partner airline premium seats (airfrance / virgin / korean earn 60% MQD conversion)

I have one last work trip to Charlotte Dec 16-18 i can use to maximize, then otherwise was hoping to purchase 1 international flight to net the rest of needed MQM/MQDs.

Need help on locating a discounted flight! Not sure how the pros do this quite yet! (can use Chase or Amex pts to purchase)
Thanks!!!

(last work trip Dec 16 to 18)
Departure Airport: SAN to CLT
Miles Needed: 16419
MQD Needed: $3128
Required Spend or Budget: $800
Available Travel Dates: Dec 16-18
Required Metal or Codeshares okay*: yes

Departure Airport: SAN or LAX or TIJ
Miles Needed: 16419 (minus above CLT trip)
MQD Needed: $3128 (minus above CLT trip)
Required Spend or Budget: $1000 or less if possible.
Available Travel Dates: Dec 2-6 or Dec 9-14 (prefer turnaround flights, no need to stay anywhere)
Welcome. December is a really busy month and prices are generally higher especially with last minute travel.

While you can get the MQMs required, it will be difficult to find a deal as this point that will get you the desired MQDs at the price you want to pay

e.g. Dec 10 - 12, China Eastern, LAX-HKT, $920 (booking classes: S-B-B-S), about 19,500 MQMs, about $2100 MQDs

I suppose you could buy a first class ticket to CLT to get the remaining MQDs.
Old Dec 2, 2019, 7:21 pm

Programs: Delta Skymiles
Originally Posted by canuck_traveler
Welcome. December is a really busy month and prices are generally higher especially with last minute travel.

While you can get the MQMs required, it will be difficult to find a deal as this point that will get you the desired MQDs at the price you want to pay

e.g. Dec 10 - 12, China Eastern, LAX-HKT, $920 (booking classes: S-B-B-S), about 19,500 MQMs, about $2100 MQDs

I suppose you could buy a first class ticket to CLT to get the remaining MQDs.
Thanks Canuck - you seem to be the master here --- willing to spend a bit more or upwards of $1500 on the personal flight (i saw a SAN-JFK-CLT-JFK-SAN) which gets me down to 10k MQM and about 2650MQD. If you see any other options.

Otherwise, you are suggesting to purchase a business class to CLT and that gives me 150% MQM / MQD on that flight?
Old Dec 2, 2019, 7:33 pm

Thanks Canuck - you seem to be the master here --- willing to spend a bit more or upwards of $1500 on the personal flight (i saw a SAN-JFK-CLT-JFK-SAN) which gets me down to 10k MQM and about 2650MQD. If you see any other options.

Otherwise, you are suggesting to purchase a business class to CLT and that gives me 150% MQM / MQD on that flight?
When flying on Delta, MQDs are based on the price of the ticket so the higher the cost of the ticket, the more MQDs earned. When flying on partner airlines, MQDs is calculated as a percentage of distance flown.

Dec 10 - 13, China Eastern, LAX-MLE, $1628 (booking classes: R-B-B-K), about $2750 MQDs, about 23,500 MQMs, bookable on Expedia

Last edited by canuck_traveler; Dec 2, 2019 at 7:48 pm
Old Dec 2, 2019, 8:09 pm

When flying on Delta, MQDs are based on the price of the ticket so the higher the cost of the ticket, the more MQDs earned. When flying on partner airlines, MQDs is calculated as a percentage of distance flown.

Dec 10 - 13, China Eastern, LAX-MLE, $1628 (booking classes: R-B-B-K), about $2750 MQDs, about 23,500 MQMs, bookable on Expedia
Thank you so much! Last newbie question --- do i simply book against at the china eastern site and link my skymiles number? (is there somewhere on the site that will show the booking class?)

Thanks!!!
Old Dec 2, 2019, 8:16 pm

Thank you so much! Last newbie question --- do i simply book against at the china eastern site and link my skymiles number? (is there somewhere on the site that will show the booking class?)

Thanks!!!
You can book on Expedia and enter your Skymiles number in the booking. Also, when checking in at the airport, check to make sure that the Skymiles number is on the booking.

Another option for a large number of MQDs but a little short on MQMs

Dec 10 - 11, Aero Mexico, LAX-LIM, $1605 (Business), about 12,000 MQMs, about $2900 MQDs, bookable on Expedia
Old Dec 2, 2019, 8:43 pm

Programs: DL PM, Marriott PM
Hello there,
My name is Jay and hoping you can help me achieve Diamond status for the first time. I have been traveling for work the last 3 years as platinum and starting to find I can easily be hitting Diamond by using tips on this site for my domestic travel.
Based in San Diego, but can easily fly from LAX or TIJ.

That said, I am currently 16,419 MQMs and $3128 MQDs short of diamond! I have read that many partner airline premium seats (airfrance / virgin / korean earn 60% MQD conversion)

I have one last work trip to Charlotte Dec 16-18 i can use to maximize, then otherwise was hoping to purchase 1 international flight to net the rest of needed MQM/MQDs.

Need help on locating a discounted flight! Not sure how the pros do this quite yet! (can use Chase or Amex pts to purchase)
Thanks!!!

(last work trip Dec 16 to 18)
Departure Airport: SAN to CLT
Miles Needed: 16419
MQD Needed: $3128
Required Spend or Budget: $800
Available Travel Dates: Dec 16-18

Departure Airport: SAN or LAX or TIJ
Miles Needed: 16419 (minus above CLT trip)
MQD Needed: $3128 (minus above CLT trip)
Required Spend or Budget: $1000 or less if possible.
Available Travel Dates: Dec 2-6 or Dec 9-14 (prefer turnaround flights, no need to stay anywhere)
Canuck is the holy grail, and I've been lurking around trying to master his craft, hopefully I got this right...

Dec 12 - 14, AeroMexico, LAX-UIO RT in Biz | Routing LAX-MTY-MEX-UIO-MEX-GDL-LAX | $1,334 (booking classes: D-D-D-D) | ~12,100 MQMs, | ~$3,200 MQDs

Your MQD's are then covered, leaving roughly 4,500 MQMs remaining, which you'd pick up on your trip to Charlotte...

LAX-ATL-CLT-ATL-LAX - 4,892
LAX-DTW-CLT-DTW-LAX - 4,958
LAX-SLC-CLT-SLC-LAX - 4,634
LAX-MSP-CLT-MSP-LAX - 4,932

Good luck!
K

Last edited by Schmoops; Dec 2, 2019 at 8:45 pm Reason: updated CLT routings
Old Dec 2, 2019, 8:59 pm

Originally Posted by Schmoops
Canuck is the holy grail, and I've been lurking around trying to master his craft, hopefully I got this right...

Dec 12 - 14, AeroMexico, LAX-UIO RT in Biz | Routing LAX-MTY-MEX-UIO-MEX-GDL-LAX | $1,334 (booking classes: D-D-D-D) | ~12,100 MQMs, | ~$3,200 MQDs

Your MQD's are then covered, leaving roughly 4,500 MQMs remaining, which you'd pick up on your trip to Charlotte...

LAX-ATL-CLT-ATL-LAX - 4,892
LAX-DTW-CLT-DTW-LAX - 4,958
LAX-SLC-CLT-SLC-LAX - 4,634
LAX-MSP-CLT-MSP-LAX - 4,932

Good luck!
K
Great find!
Old Dec 2, 2019, 9:29 pm

Great find!
You guys rock. So would this also work for the MQDs? (like the bus class idea and lil quicker flight than the china ones)

Dec 10 - 11, Aero Mexico, TIJ-MEX-LIM, $1237 (Business)
Old Dec 2, 2019, 9:49 pm

Programs: DL PM, Marriott PM
You guys rock. So would this also work for the MQDs? (like the bus class idea and lil quicker flight than the china ones)

Dec 10 - 11, Aero Mexico, TIJ-MEX-LIM, $1237 (Business)
Assuming TIJ-MEX-LIM-MEX-TIJ routing, and you're booking into C,D, I (or J, but unlikely) fare class on AM...napkin math puts that at ~8,100 miles ... so 8100*4 = $3,240 MQD, and 8100*1.5 = 12,150 MQM.
Old Dec 2, 2019, 10:29 pm

Newbie help

I need $500 mqd and about 5,000 mqm to get silver for the 1st time. I have a den-sea flight booked already for next week and wonder if it's worth paying $60 for 2,000 miles on the multiplier plus another $99 fir 1st class. Then I'll likely still be $400 and 3,000 miles short.

Is there a good and cheap option for decent miles?

Home airport is DEN.

Thanks!!
Old Dec 2, 2019, 10:44 pm

Originally Posted by Barnaby Richards
I need $500 mqd and about 5,000 mqm to get silver for the 1st time. I have a den-sea flight booked already for next week and wonder if it's worth paying $60 for 2,000 miles on the multiplier plus another $99 fir 1st class. Then I'll likely still be $400 and 3,000 miles short.

Is there a good and cheap option for decent miles?

Home airport is DEN.

Thanks!!
Are you in SEA all next week?

Dec 8, DEN-OGG, $606, about 7900 MQMs, $529 MQDs, similar prices available for other departures next two weeks
Old Dec 3, 2019, 3:49 am

Programs: delta
Mileage runs from CMH

Any help I can get on 5600 MQM mileage run is appreciated

Departure Airport: CMH
Miles Needed: 5600 MQM
Required Spend or Budget: 400-675
Available Travel Dates: 12/16-12/31
Old Dec 3, 2019, 5:36 am

Programs: Delta Diamond, JetBlue Mosaic 4, Alaska MVP Gold 100K, Marriott Platinum
Newbie Help - Delta Mileage Run from San Francisco Area for 10000 miles

Hello Flyertalk Community,

Need your help to achieve Platinum status with Delta.I live in San Francisco Bay Area and can fly out/in of SFO, SJC and OAK.

I am currently 9722 miles (MQMs) short of Platinum and can fly over the weekends.

Departure Airport: SFO, SJC, OAK
MQMs Miles Needed: 9722
MQD Needed: Have met the requirement
Available Travel Dates: Weekend mileage run

Thanks in Advance,
Al
Old Dec 3, 2019, 6:41 am

Originally Posted by atejwani
Hello Flyertalk Community,

Need your help to achieve Platinum status with Delta.I live in San Francisco Bay Area and can fly out/in of SFO, SJC and OAK.

I am currently 9722 miles (MQMs) short of Platinum and can fly over the weekends.

Departure Airport: SFO, SJC, OAK
MQMs Miles Needed: 9722
MQD Needed: Have met the requirement
Available Travel Dates: Weekend mileage run

Thanks in Advance,
Al
How about two trips to OGG?

Dec 7, SFO-SEA-OGG-LAX-SFO, $469 (BE), about 6200 MQMs, about 1.5 hours in OGG, gets back to SFO mid-morning on Dec 8
Dec 28, SFO-LAX-OGG-SEA-SFO, $459 (BE), about 6200 MQMs, about 2 hours in OGG, gets back to SFO mid-morning on Dec 29
Old Dec 3, 2019, 7:09 am

Originally Posted by derschizo
Any help I can get on 5600 MQM mileage run is appreciated

Departure Airport: CMH
Miles Needed: 5600 MQM
Required Spend or Budget: 400-675
Available Travel Dates: 12/16-12/31
Dec 19, CMH-ATL-LAS-ATL-CMH, $345 (BE), about 4500 MQMs, 2 hours in LAS, arrive back in CMH evening of Dec. 19
Dec 20, CMH-ATL-MSY-ATL-CMH, $246 (BE), 2000 MQMs, 1 hour in MSY, arrive back in CMH late afternoon

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.