Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[FARE GONE] Expedia.ca $300 coupon on packages (new terms)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[FARE GONE] Expedia.ca $300 coupon on packages (new terms)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 23, 2010, 1:49 pm
Suspended

Location: Tucson, AZ, USA. UA 1K, reluctant but * best in class * DL FO/MM. Former BA jumpseat rider and scourge of Dilbertian management and apologists. As LX might - and do - say: "....an experienced frequent flyer of international airlines"
Originally Posted by MKEbound
Has anyone posted who booked the highest number of trips? Did anyone book more than 10? 15?
Only 11. There are several people who've posted in this thread who booked higher totals.
Old Nov 23, 2010, 1:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WWF, Appalachian Mountain Club
Debit cards are showing the refund including FOREX. Thanks to all who brought this deal to my attention!
Old Nov 23, 2010, 2:09 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA Premier Plat, Alaska MVP Gold, HHonors Diamond, SPG Platinum, Hyatt Platinum
Originally Posted by tkey75
Debit cards are showing the refund including FOREX. Thanks to all who brought this deal to my attention!
Just a nitpick, it's an FTF, not a Forex charge.

See <http://www.askmrcreditcard.com/creditcardblog/is-an-anti-foreign-transaction-fee-trend-taking-place/> for more information on FTF's, especially for current card offers including the BA credit card from Chase.

Forex is the Foreign Exchange Market, <http://www.askmrcreditcard.com/creditcardblog/is-an-anti-foreign-transaction-fee-trend-taking-place/>.

Last edited by mreed911; Nov 23, 2010 at 2:09 pm Reason: spelling
Old Nov 23, 2010, 2:16 pm

Confirming res with hotel

Is it wrong to confirm the reservation with the hotel? I had cancellable bookings from a few months ago then this offer came along. I am loathe to miss out on my cancellable backups in case this goes wrong. Of course it would just be a 'can I just confirm a res for xxxx for <dates>'
Old Nov 23, 2010, 2:24 pm

Programs: Delta FO, Marriott Silver, Hyatt Platinum
Originally Posted by COOLIO
Is it wrong to confirm the reservation with the hotel? I had cancellable bookings from a few months ago then this offer came along. I am loathe to miss out on my cancellable backups in case this goes wrong. Of course it would just be a 'can I just confirm a res for xxxx for <dates>'
I don't think there's anything wrong with it. I confirmed my reservation with the hotel (Harrah's) yesterday. Since the hotel confirmation # on expedia.ca didn't match Harrah's format, I wanted to get the correct one. That way, I could also add it to my TR account.
Old Nov 23, 2010, 2:44 pm

Originally Posted by tkey75

what about the actual charge on your debit card? my charge has gone and see only credits ..lol
Old Nov 23, 2010, 2:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by buschoi
Just did some research on the car rental (thanks to the snow in SEA and I am staying home). The cheapest car rental I found on the three days I will be there is $80 with Avis plus 3k AA miles. Taxi would have been about $15 ow, or bus would have been $2.
Best rates I have found for Vegas in the past are the Farmer's Insurance code A972200 or A686200. Don't know what rates they give these days.

(Apologize if this has already been posted. I'm still reading page 182.)
Old Nov 23, 2010, 3:06 pm

Originally Posted by 4Health
If anyone is looking for a cheaper price on a nice hotel in NYC, check out Jetsetter if you are already a member. They have a sale on Andaz Wall Street that just started at 3pm today. If not, you can try joining gilt.com which will also give you a membership to Jetsetter. They are both fairly new I think, so they are only giving access to a limited number of people at a time.
Thanks for the info. I've requested to join both. Can you give any sample prices for Andaz? Say, the weekend before Christmas? I want to know how incessantly I should be checking my inbox.
Old Nov 23, 2010, 3:15 pm

$140 with availability
Old Nov 23, 2010, 3:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Between AUS, EWR, and YTO In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike.. but I wanna go home with the armadillo
Programs: CO, NW, & UA forum moderator emeritus
Originally Posted by MKEbound
Has anyone posted who booked the highest number of trips? Did anyone book more than 10? 15?
I know smeone who was above the sum of those two numbers.
Old Nov 23, 2010, 3:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by xyzzy
I know smeone who was above the sum of those two numbers.
What's the number? The suspense is killing me.
Old Nov 23, 2010, 3:28 pm

Programs: TK C+, AA/AS nothing, BA nothing
I got back yesterday from a BUR-LAS run on B6. One night at Wynn with $100 resort credit ^
Everything went smoothly, got a very nice room on the top floor, and didn't even use up all of the $100 credit.
Also, at checkout they did not charge me the $20 resort fee.
Lost about $200 at the tables but that's another story...

Thanks again to the OP!
Old Nov 23, 2010, 3:35 pm

Could it be they used the resort credit towards the resort fee?
Old Nov 23, 2010, 3:40 pm

Programs: UA Million miler
Smile

Originally Posted by LAX21
One night at Wynn with $100 resort credit ^
, and didn't even use up all of the $100 credit.
Isn't that a sin for an FTer?
Glad you enjoyed yourself!
Old Nov 23, 2010, 3:41 pm

I've received a Spafinder GC via e-mail. Check your spam folders if you haven't received anything.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.