Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[FARE GONE] Expedia.ca $300 coupon on packages (new terms)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[FARE GONE] Expedia.ca $300 coupon on packages (new terms)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 23, 2010, 1:01 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by sindjic
Since I will be staying in Candlewood, I will need a ride to get myself to the strip anyhow...I booked Full Size for 20 bucks.
Does the Candlewood have free parking?
The website is vague about it.
Old Nov 23, 2010, 1:06 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by TechnoPagan
Actually that is incorrect the REGISTRAR is the company that provides the domain registration service (like Godaddy, Network Solutions, Register).

The REGISTRANT is the "owner"* of the domain. This is the entity listed as the administrative contact.

It works as follows:

REGISTRY = maintains all domains, in the case of .com the registry is controlled by Verisign

REGISTRAR = provide domain registration service between the registry and the registrant

REGISTRANT = the end user of the domain.

* No one "owns" a domain, when you register a domain you get exclusive use for the period of your registration

All of my charges and credit have hit my cards (two Amex and one Chase Visa); the airline charges (United) were in CAD with appropriate FTF, which was also refunded.

You are correct. Thank you for correcting me on the difference between registrar and registrant.
Old Nov 23, 2010, 1:09 pm

Originally Posted by izzik
Candlewood Suites on Paradise? Yes it does.
Old Nov 23, 2010, 1:10 pm

Programs: Alaska MVPG 100K, IHG Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by MNSWEEps
Citibank Mastercard (credit card) virtual number

well fargo Visa debit card

for jetblue I used AMEX starwood
I also used Citi MC and SPG AMEX for my Expedia reservations.

I checked my available credit each time I placed an Expedia order, and each time my available credit was reduced instantly. So I have no idea why yours are different.
Old Nov 23, 2010, 1:13 pm

Question did you just no-show for the extra flight/hotel?

Originally Posted by BrewerSEA
Just thought I'd write in about my successful use of this deal. I flew SEA-LGB-LAS yesterday on B6 and it went very smoothly. I bought two deals, one with the Seattle ticket and a cheap hotel and one with a BUR-LAS ticket and a suite at the Venetian I had no problems checking in at either the airport or the hotel, and though I only had one guest registered on Expedia the Venetian did not charge me more for double occupancy (I had a local friend stay with me in the hotel). I'm currently in the LGB terminal waiting for my connection to SEA (wow it's terrible...) and it with the refunds posted to my CC accounts and this trip nearly wrapped up it seems like everything went fine. I also came out of Vegas +$350 so this was certainly a financially positive trip!
Love it! I did the same thing from PDX, with throwaway flight from SFO - am wondering if you checked into your throwaway flight/hotel or just no-showed?
Old Nov 23, 2010, 1:14 pm

Programs: LH G, CO G, BA B, HH G, PC P, SW G, Sixt P, Hertz G and YES A|Club G :)
Originally Posted by izzik
On hotels.com it says free, while on CWS site that it is for registered guests only...

http://www.hotels.com/ho164432/candl...united-states/
Old Nov 23, 2010, 1:16 pm

Programs: AA ExecPlat, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by antonius66
Candlewood Suites on Paradise? Yes it does.
Candlewood has free parking. I'm pretty sure all hotels have free parking in Vegas.
Old Nov 23, 2010, 1:18 pm

Originally Posted by nas6034
Can anyone help answer my question? I got charged more than I was returned(everything was under 300) charged $260 but refunded $250. Shouldnt I have been refunded $260?
I suppose it's possible that you were bitten by currency conversion or something, but I don't know.

What I do know is that I wouldn't poke the hornet's nest over $10, and even if there was no chance that something could go wrong, isn't your time worth more than that?
Old Nov 23, 2010, 1:25 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA Premier Plat, Alaska MVP Gold, HHonors Diamond, SPG Platinum, Hyatt Platinum
Originally Posted by nas6034
Can anyone help answer my question? I got charged more than I was returned(everything was under 300) charged $260 but refunded $250. Shouldnt I have been refunded $260?
Depends. Sounds like your airfare was $260, which is direct billed, and that something else on the itin. was ~$50. If your hotel, etc. was ~$50, then the rest of the voucher would apply to airfare as a refund of ~$250.
Old Nov 23, 2010, 1:28 pm

Programs: UA 1P, CO Gold Elite
They charged airfare but something wierd.

When I booked on Friday, the airfare was already pending in my CC(AMEX). But there are another charges for the airfare today again.

TEH - TFS TORONTO ON 0 118.66

AIRLINE/AIR CARRIER
US AIRWAYS
SAN FRANCISCO INTL
LAS VEGAS MCCARRANUSE

They charged for each passenger so the total amount is $118.66 x 2 = $237.32
And also they charged FTF $3.2 x 2 = $6.4

So the total amount is $243.72

As Expedia.ca already credited what they need to, I am not too picky about the some dollar differences. But there is still pending airfare exists with different amount and that lowers my CC limit.

11/19/2010 ? US AIRWAYS ARC SALES 236.48

Is this just a dummy transaction so that will be dismissed in few days? Or do I prepare some dispute with my CC? I have no idea why the fare is different and why they charge again while the initial pending is on.

Wierd.
Old Nov 23, 2010, 1:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

My CCs are settling themselves out. One is complete, one still hasn't shown the debit, two are between those extremes. One funny thing is that two of them reset because the credit came first and was more than I owed, so now I don't have to pay those two cards next month if I don't want to.
Old Nov 23, 2010, 1:30 pm

Programs: DL, CO, Hilton, SPG
Originally Posted by SplineMaker
When I booked on Friday, the airfare was already pending in my CC(AMEX). But there are another charges for the airfare today again.

TEH - TFS TORONTO ON 0 118.66

AIRLINE/AIR CARRIER
US AIRWAYS
SAN FRANCISCO INTL
LAS VEGAS MCCARRANUSE

They charged for each passenger so the total amount is $118.66 x 2 = $237.32
And also they charged FTF $3.2 x 2 = $6.4

So the total amount is $243.72

As Expedia.ca already credited what they need to, I am not too picky about the some dollar differences. But there is still pending airfare exists with different amount and that lowers my CC limit.

11/19/2010 ? US AIRWAYS ARC SALES 236.48

Is this just a dummy transaction so that will be dismissed in few days? Or do I prepare some dispute with my CC? I have no idea why the fare is different and why they charge again while the initial pending is on.

Wierd.
I'm experiencing the same thing, I'm betting the charge drops off. I'm not worried about it.

Last edited by 4Health; Nov 23, 2010 at 1:38 pm
Old Nov 23, 2010, 1:37 pm

This was the deal of the year. Really awesome from the OP to share with everyone else. I didn't participate because the dates did not work for between school and holidays.

Moreover, lets thanks expedia for giving Las Vegas's economy a mini boost over the next month!
Old Nov 23, 2010, 1:42 pm

Programs: Amtrak Select Plus, Marriott Platinum, Marriott Lifetime Gold, Hilton Diamond
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8320/4.5.0.81 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/100)

Still no debits or credits posted for me.
Old Nov 23, 2010, 1:43 pm

Programs: DL, CO, Hilton, SPG
If anyone is looking for a cheaper price on a nice hotel in NYC, check out Jetsetter if you are already a member. They have a sale on Andaz Wall Street that just started at 3pm today. If not, you can try joining gilt.com which will also give you a membership to Jetsetter. They are both fairly new I think, so they are only giving access to a limited number of people at a time.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.