Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[FARE GONE] Expedia.ca $300 coupon on packages (new terms)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[FARE GONE] Expedia.ca $300 coupon on packages (new terms)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 23, 2010, 3:58 pm

Originally Posted by SensFan
I've received a Spafinder GC via e-mail. Check your spam folders if you haven't received anything.
Nothing yet in my email. When did you book/get email? Thanks!
Old Nov 23, 2010, 4:00 pm

Programs: A few
Originally Posted by LAX21
I got back yesterday from a BUR-LAS run on B6. One night at Wynn with $100 resort credit ^
Everything went smoothly, got a very nice room on the top floor, and didn't even use up all of the $100 credit.
Also, at checkout they did not charge me the $20 resort fee.
Lost about $200 at the tables but that's another story...

Thanks again to the OP!
I'm headed to Wynn on the same resort fee deal. Are there any restrictions on what you can do with the $100?
Old Nov 23, 2010, 4:13 pm

Programs: *G, SPG, OW Sapphire
Originally Posted by jan_az
Anyone get an email on those yet?
I received my $150 one and already used it! My trip was booked from 11/21-22 and I booked on the 19th.
Old Nov 23, 2010, 4:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by buschoi
I am totally aware of the strip traffic. That's how my family and I missed a show 2 years ago. So I am trying to avoid it by not driving especially when my hotels (Paris and Trump) are right on the strip. The car does give me more flexibility though especially when I am going with a friend who has never been there and I may take him to places like Hoover Dam.
Paris is convenient, not so much for Trump.

If your friend has never been there, definitely get a car and take the friend to Hoover Dam now they have a new bridge to make the traffic of getting round much easier.
Old Nov 23, 2010, 4:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Rental Car Codes

For those who have booked a rental car with good rates after codes, would you mind to post them or PM me?

Many Thanks!
Old Nov 23, 2010, 4:23 pm

Programs: TK C+, AA/AS nothing, BA nothing
Originally Posted by ma91pmh
I'm headed to Wynn on the same resort fee deal. Are there any restrictions on what you can do with the $100?
No restrictions...you can use it towards any room charges. The only thing you can't use it for is gambling.
Old Nov 23, 2010, 4:24 pm

Programs: TK C+, AA/AS nothing, BA nothing
Originally Posted by COOLIO
Could it be they used the resort credit towards the resort fee?
I looked on the bill at checkout and I used $86 of the $100 and the resort fee was not listed anywhere.
Old Nov 23, 2010, 4:25 pm

Is it wrong to confirm the reservation with the hotel? I had cancellable bookings from a few months ago then this offer came along. I am loathe to miss out on my cancellable backups in case this goes wrong. Of course it would just be a 'can I just confirm a res for xxxx for <dates>'
Originally Posted by helpless
I don't think there's anything wrong with it. I confirmed my reservation with the hotel (Harrah's) yesterday. Since the hotel confirmation # on expedia.ca didn't match Harrah's format, I wanted to get the correct one. That way, I could also add it to my TR account.
I think it smart to confirm, even if only to make yourself feel more secure. I called Hilton Hhonors yesterday to confirm my reservations at LV Hilton and they said they didn't see any reservations. That freaked me out a bit. I then called LV Hilton directly and they saw the reservations just fine. I added my Gold number, even though the reservationist told me the stay wasn't eligible for points. Maybe it'll help get me in a newer tower or something.
Old Nov 23, 2010, 4:28 pm
Moderator: Coupon Connection & S.P.A.M

Programs: Destination Unknown, TSA Disparager Diamond (LTDD)
Is it wrong to confirm the reservation with the hotel? I had cancellable bookings from a few months ago then this offer came along. I am loathe to miss out on my cancellable backups in case this goes wrong. Of course it would just be a 'can I just confirm a res for xxxx for <dates>'
Unless of course you're planning on no-showing...
Old Nov 23, 2010, 4:29 pm

I'll be in LAS the night of 11/20 to 21, staying at the Hooters (yeah, I know, but it's not far from the airport while being cheap).
I couldn't book ground transportation and don't want to spend too much money on a cab. Can I walk there? How late does the bus run?
Old Nov 23, 2010, 4:31 pm

Programs: SK Gold, ITA Executive, Sixt Diamond, Hertz PC, Avis PC, IHG Platinum
Anybody been/going to Tropicana?
Old Nov 23, 2010, 4:40 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K, IC RA
Wirelessly posted (Blackberry: BlackBerry9000/5.0.0.822 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/102)

Uh oh. Got a call from B6 today for a flight tomorrow because expedia never ticketed the reservation. On hold with expedia now...
Old Nov 23, 2010, 4:51 pm

Programs: Bonvoy LTTE/AMB, AmEx Plat, National EE, WN A-List, CLEAR+, Covid-19
I'm amazed at some of the nice Vegas hotels some of you were/are getting- those of you in suites, etc. (esp. those on the Strip) are you out-of-pocketing > $50 over the voucher price? I got B6 ex-LGB (for a Fri-Sun trip- maybe that's where all the money went?), and the best on-Strip hotel I could get for around a $300 package price was only the Stratosphere. Overall I paid out $CDN76 (incl. a $14 room-upgrade fee; not that I'm complaining, mind ya! )

None of the Marriott properties (where I could probably score Plat upgrades) for around the voucher price were nearby at all, either. Maybe it's my dates?
Old Nov 23, 2010, 4:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by apollo_liumin
If the expedia refund me 300$, and the airline charge me 200$, then

in my statement how much I spend in terms of purchase, for this trip?

200$ or -100$?
Dont forget the credit is made up by 2 portions, 1 portion applied to the flight 1 portion applied to the hotel. Since the hotel is Expedia Prepaid type so it is from the Expedia inventory - that portion is handled by internal accounting. The Voucher first is applied to the hotel portion, any remaining is applied to the airline portion which in most case is directly charged by the airline (seems JetBlue is the only exception based on people's posts.)

You would NOT see a $300 credit on your CC because hotel portion is never 0.
Old Nov 23, 2010, 4:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by apollo_liumin
My question here is that if the refund will decrease my overall purchase amount or not? For example, I need to spend 1000$ to get the bonus from the cc company, so with the airline charge 200$ and the refund 200$, then I spend nothing here or I spend 200$ here?
$200 minus $200 is 0. You spend 0.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.