Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[FARE GONE] Expedia.ca $300 coupon on packages (new terms)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[FARE GONE] Expedia.ca $300 coupon on packages (new terms)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 23, 2010, 5:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by gster78
is there a separate charge for the hotel booking? i have a charge from delta, and a refund from expedia... the difference in cost matches what i expected to net out at post-refund, but not sure where the hotel booking cost would come from...
It comes from the $300 voucher - the voucher is applied to the PREPAID hotel first, then the leftover is applied to the airline ticket.
Old Nov 23, 2010, 5:02 pm

Programs: TK C+, AA/AS nothing, BA nothing
My out of pocket for Wynn was ~$20 over the voucher.
Old Nov 23, 2010, 5:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by kennycrudup
I'm amazed at some of the nice Vegas hotels some of you were/are getting- those of you in suites, etc. (esp. those on the Strip) are you out-of-pocketing > $50 over the voucher price? I got B6 ex-LGB (for a Fri-Sun trip- maybe that's where all the money went?), and the best on-Strip hotel I could get for around a $300 package price was only the Stratosphere. Overall I paid out $CDN76 (incl. a $14 room-upgrade fee; not that I'm complaining, mind ya! )

None of the Marriott properties (where I could probably score Plat upgrades) for around the voucher price were nearby at all, either. Maybe it's my dates?
Because you booked a Weekend trip. Flights are cheap from LGB but weekend hotels are expensive.

Hotel rates jump 30 or more percentage from Weekday rates.

I have a weekday trip from SAN on United (SAN-LAX-LAS) Venetian goes for $16 extra.
Old Nov 23, 2010, 5:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by LAX21
I looked on the bill at checkout and I used $86 of the $100 and the resort fee was not listed anywhere.
What did you use it for?
Old Nov 23, 2010, 5:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K
Originally Posted by Benjh
I'll be in LAS the night of 11/20 to 21, staying at the Hooters (yeah, I know, but it's not far from the airport while being cheap).
I couldn't book ground transportation and don't want to spend too much money on a cab. Can I walk there? How late does the bus run?
Dunno about bus but walking probably not a good idea. Mapquest the route ahead of time. last time i was in vegas i stayed at a hotel a 2 min walk from Hooters and cabbie took us the long way on the highway and hotel said cab fee was 2x more than what it should be
Old Nov 23, 2010, 5:21 pm

I'll be in LAS the night of 11/20 to 21, staying at the Hooters (yeah, I know, but it's not far from the airport while being cheap).
I couldn't book ground transportation and don't want to spend too much money on a cab. Can I walk there? How late does the bus run?
You don't really want to walk anywhere from the airport. It's further than it looks. Were you unable to book ground transportation free with your package, or have you you just been unable to book it at all? The shuttle services will pretty much increase capacity to infinity to make sure they make the most money they can.
Old Nov 23, 2010, 5:27 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K, IC RA
Originally Posted by magiciansampras
Wirelessly posted (Blackberry: BlackBerry9000/5.0.0.822 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/102)

Uh oh. Got a call from B6 today for a flight tomorrow because expedia never ticketed the reservation. On hold with expedia now...
After an hour it is sorted out. B6 said the ticket looked "weird." Yeah, I bet.
Old Nov 23, 2010, 5:29 pm

Programs: Some of them not all ...
Yes you can walk from the Airport to Las Vegas Strip through Tropicana Av. I did this from MGM hotel at night in the middle of september without a problem and all the way to the airport. It is just a matter of going around the airport starting from the Motel 6 all the way to the gas station (Tropicana Av.) and then you turn right and walk all the way until you get to the bridge where you can walk all the way around the parking lots until you get to the small terminal where Aeromexico depararts from. There, you can take the airport shuttle or keep walking to the main termina (I took the shuttle). The opposite way, just start from the international terminal, walk straight following the parking lots street and turn left after the bridge, walk straigh all the way until the Tropicana Av Gas Stations, then you turn left and walk straight all the way until the MGM and you are at the Strip.
Old Nov 23, 2010, 5:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by magiciansampras
After an hour it is sorted out. B6 said the ticket looked "weird." Yeah, I bet.
^ Glad you got it sorted out.

My heart skipped a beat when I read your earlier post.
Old Nov 23, 2010, 5:31 pm

Originally Posted by benjiem1
You don't really want to walk anywhere from the airport. It's further than it looks. Were you unable to book ground transportation free with your package, or have you you just been unable to book it at all? The shuttle services will pretty much increase capacity to infinity to make sure they make the most money they can.
I wasn't offered shuttle transportation at all, for some reason. I'm especially pissed since I had $20 to spare on the voucher.
I scanned the "offer" page through and through, but nothing. Only limo for $80 if I recall correctly.
Old Nov 23, 2010, 5:32 pm

Moving this to Mileage Run, where it can be merged with the existing thread.

Aviators99
MilesBuzz!
Old Nov 23, 2010, 5:35 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K, IC RA
Originally Posted by MatthewLAX
^ Glad you got it sorted out.

My heart skipped a beat when I read your earlier post.
If it were my ticket I wouldn't care as I'm sure I could work it out. But this was for a family member, so it was a bit distressing.
Old Nov 23, 2010, 5:36 pm

Programs: DL PM, UA *S, SPG/MR Gold, IHG Spire, Hertz PC, pleb in all the rest
I'm sitting here in the LAS President's Club enjoying a hangover curing beer, just about to board for the flight back. 7 of my friends and I hoped down here yesterday for $44.60 ea and all's well. The charge and refund have shown up on my credit card, and there were absolutely no issues with the flight or hotel.

Thanks Expedia!
Old Nov 23, 2010, 5:36 pm

Programs: Some of them not all ...
I wasn't offered shuttle transportation at all, for some reason. I'm especially pissed since I had $20 to spare on the voucher.
I scanned the "offer" page through and through, but nothing. Only limo for $80 if I recall correctly.
Just walk, no problem at all. if not, there is a bus that goes to the Airport from a street that is behind the Flamingo Hotel. Maybe someone here knows the number.
Old Nov 23, 2010, 5:42 pm

Programs: HH Silver
Number 107 bus will take you directly from the airport ground zero level to the corner at Tropicana I believe. From there it is a short walk to Hooters. The cost is around $2 and it runs all night every half hour or every hour. I agree that it is not walkable, but that is just me. I want to save my walking shoes for AFTER I get settled.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.