Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[FARE GONE] Expedia.ca $300 coupon on packages (new terms)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[FARE GONE] Expedia.ca $300 coupon on packages (new terms)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 22, 2010, 9:20 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, TrueBlue, IHG Plat Amb, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, Accor Platinum, National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by eykramer
just got my confirmation emails I booked sat night..
Me too...I booked a trip Sat midday but never received the confirmation for the first trip I booked Fri evening (which I already tool)...meh whatever. All refunds have posted.
Old Nov 22, 2010, 9:36 pm

Programs: UA Premier Platinum, Skyteam Elite Plus (KE Morning Calm Premium)
Originally Posted by bobbybrown
As a data point, I'm almost finished my trip and waiting for my (delayed) flight back home. It was awesome 1-night 2-day New York trip. I took my flights and I stayed my hotel, actually hostel. All reservations were intact. I got charged only the price difference from the beginning as some of FTers reported.

Candy Hostel was not that good. I didn't expected much but I couldn't sleep well. I spent whole my dorm room by myself which was great, but vertical heating pipe (never seen it before) sounds a lot all night long. It sometimes splash hot water around.

Good luck to all of you !
Thank you for the posting.

Did you book only one trip?
Old Nov 22, 2010, 9:38 pm

Programs: AA, DL, UA, US, RR, HH, SPG, PC
2nd confirmation email just received. Pending transaction on my Citi AA Mastercard. Payment history shows charged and refunded on 11/20.

Headed from LAS to NYC Dec 18 (red-eye) through Dec 21 (evening). Two and half days in NYC...gonna hit some shows!
Old Nov 22, 2010, 9:46 pm

Got the second confirmation..^

four seasons.... I am coming...
Old Nov 22, 2010, 9:47 pm

I got all my confirmations but my CITI AA has posted any transactions..weird. Anyway, looking forward to the buffet.
Old Nov 22, 2010, 9:53 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by ClimbGuy
Actually, Washington state: http://www.whois.net/whois/expedia.ca

Some of my bookings have already posted the refund, I have no reason to doubt the rest will post soon.

Check your WHOIS again. The technical contact and the administrative contact come back to an address in Washington state. However - the REGISTRAR (who owns the actual domain) is a Canadian Company who gave us all this fine deal:

Registrar:
Name: CSC Corporate Domains (Canada) Company
Number: 2397937
Old Nov 22, 2010, 11:21 pm

About the expedia 300 refund

If the expedia refund me 300$, and the airline charge me 200$, then

in my statement how much I spend in terms of purchase, for this trip?

200$ or -100$?
Old Nov 23, 2010, 4:50 am

Programs: A few
The refund from expedia is for whatever you paid, not exactly $300. So if you paid $200, your refund is $200. You may find you also get a "refund" of a foreign fee you did not pay, so if you're card charges 3% foreign transaction fee, you'd get charged $200 from airline (USA) and refunded $200 from expedia (Canada) plus $6 FTF. So net you gain $6, along with the free flight
Old Nov 23, 2010, 5:05 am

actually i just got hit for the foreign fees on my bookings. when they showed as pending in amex they seemed to be (in my case) delta usa. however once cleared they show up as delta canada. i am generally out a dollar or so, not sure why they cleared same day but the refund is slightly less than the airfare
Old Nov 23, 2010, 7:39 am

Programs: SPG Gold, Hyatt Plat, HH Gold, PC Plat, lots of miles but no status w/ usual *A, OW & ST suspects
Question

is there a separate charge for the hotel booking? i have a charge from delta, and a refund from expedia... the difference in cost matches what i expected to net out at post-refund, but not sure where the hotel booking cost would come from...
Old Nov 23, 2010, 8:20 am

Originally Posted by gster78
is there a separate charge for the hotel booking? i have a charge from delta, and a refund from expedia... the difference in cost matches what i expected to net out at post-refund, but not sure where the hotel booking cost would come from...
You won't see anything for the hotel. That's been taken care of already.
Old Nov 23, 2010, 8:58 am

Programs: LH HON, DL FO/MM, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Accor Lifetime Platinum, Sixt Diamond
Moderator note:

I hope everybody had some time to cool down. The thread is now open to post again.

To those who willingly ignored the prior warnings: please stay on topic, if you want to discuss issues of your daily life like healthcare, OMNI is the right forum to do so.

Kind Regards

rcs85551
Moderator, Mileage Run forums
Old Nov 23, 2010, 9:00 am

Thanks Mods.

I just wanted to add a note that the credit card charges did evenutally come through for me (on Amex at least) as foreign currency, and so I was charged the fee. So I did not "make" on the FTF, in fact seems I lost a few nickels as the amounts were slightly different for some reason. Still no big deal
Old Nov 23, 2010, 9:04 am

Programs: UA, AA, Marriott
Hey Guys,

My account total balance is - $250, the refund posted and the foreign transaction fee refund posted, but no charge and no authorization.

Is anyone else having this issue? Its wierd not to see a authorization but to see a full refund.

Also, is the refunded transaction fee from Chase or from Expedia? I am a little confused on that part.

11/22/2010 Refund FOREIGN TRANSACTION FEE(Other) $-7.50
11/21/2010 Return EXPEDIA*TRAVEL(Travel) $-250.18
Old Nov 23, 2010, 9:04 am

Programs: AA Platinum
Originally Posted by asdn
Thanks. Just making sure, BTW I just purchased 3 bookings for 3 separate people so I didn't abused the coupon I think chase debit card is just slow on returning refunds.
My credits came in today on Suntrust and I got confirmations from Expedia. Thank you "Flyinghigh77"

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.