Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[FARE GONE] Expedia.ca $300 coupon on packages (new terms)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[FARE GONE] Expedia.ca $300 coupon on packages (new terms)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 22, 2010, 4:39 pm

Originally Posted by TrojanHorse
why do people care about no showing hotels, just check in, take your toiletries, bottle of water and split
Because I booked a cheapo hotel no where near where I am actually staying!

Hopefully collectively everyone that did this can confirm it...I should have just booked a night at the same hotel, but was too cheap! *sigh*
Old Nov 22, 2010, 4:43 pm

Programs: I'm all in on Ultimate Rewards
Originally Posted by tylerc
Because I booked a cheapo hotel no where near where I am actually staying!

Hopefully collectively everyone that did this can confirm it...I should have just booked a night at the same hotel, but was too cheap! *sigh*
I believe someone has already posted this on the thread maybe 75 pages back but it says on expedias.ca's site that there is no penalty for not using the hotel. The only penalty is if you CANCEL the hotel.
Old Nov 22, 2010, 4:44 pm
Moderator Communications Coordinator, Signatures

Programs: TubWorld, Bar Alliance, Borratxo Legendarium
Originally Posted by Jaimito Cartero
Not worth the $9.99 resort fee that mine charged. In fact, I have so many soaps and stuff from runs I did a couple of years ago, that I only take stuff that I like or very high end. Not worth it, otherwise.
oh come on, you just got a $300 trip for free, and you're worried about a $10 resort fee? You can donate the amenities to the food bank when you take them a turkey
Old Nov 22, 2010, 4:51 pm

Programs: UA Premier Exec
Originally Posted by missydarlin
oh come on, you just got a $300 trip for free, and you're worried about a $10 resort fee? You can donate the amenities to the food bank when you take them a turkey
^

Just noticed that I never thanked the OP for posting the deal.

Speaking of which (off topic) how come FT doesn't have a thank you button? Would probably save posting space.

TS
Old Nov 22, 2010, 4:56 pm

found the deal through another website I frequent but found this site and have been learning a little bit from some of the posts.

thanks to thread starter
Old Nov 22, 2010, 5:04 pm
Moderator: Coupon Connection & S.P.A.M

Programs: Destination Unknown, TSA Disparager Diamond (LTDD)
Originally Posted by lobo411
I think the idea that a Canadian government tourism fund gave a Canadian travel agency Canadian tax dollars to send Canadian citizens to *non-Canadian tourist locations* says a lot more about people's desire to rationalize their crime than it does about Expedia.ca's voucher rationale.
Awww... that's cute.

Why not turn us all in and claim a big reward?
Old Nov 22, 2010, 5:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by 4Health
I say the same thing about having to subsidize prescription medications for Canadians (well the rest of the world). But I'd much rather be in your position, it is much cheaper over the long run.
OT to risk being too Omni
Very true. US is the only country that prescription drugs are priced so high because the big pharmas all cry about they need the money to do R&D therefore the drugs cannot be sold cheap - yet, the Canadians and the British to name just 2 examples, pay only a fraction of the price we pay because their governments regulate the prescription drug prices with the pharma. India on the other hand, simply flat out manufacture their generics without even bother with patents or whatnot...

I am not too sure I would like to be in Canadian's health care system though after witnessing some real life examples of care relatives received - before and after a surgery versus the exact same surgery my husband had...
Old Nov 22, 2010, 5:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by imm2b
Yes. The airlines can "take control" of your ticket if you ask expedia to release it. In your case United may have took over without you prompting.
I did not ask Expedia to release. I asked UA to take over it and it was fine with them. I believe there was a fee but forgot if the agent had charged it or not. I know CO would definitely charge $20 or $25 to "take over" the ressie. The fee even showed up on the receipt called Agency Fee.
Old Nov 22, 2010, 5:29 pm

TYVM OP

Last edited by JamesQ; Nov 22, 2010 at 5:30 pm Reason: correction
Old Nov 22, 2010, 5:30 pm

Programs: UA PP 1MM, Marriott Bonvoy LTTE, BA Gold
Originally Posted by Happy
I did not ask Expedia to release. I asked UA to take over it and it was fine with them. I believe there was a fee but forgot if the agent had charged it or not.
Many of us on CNZ did exactly the same thing, no fee. All it took was asking UA to take control of it (as you said) - Expedia was not involved (on the customer side).
Old Nov 22, 2010, 5:33 pm

Originally Posted by Happy
I am not too sure I would like to be in Canadian's health care system though after witnessing some real life examples of care relatives received - before and after a surgery versus the exact same surgery my husband had...
You're joking I hope? I had the misfortune of seeing your "health care" first hand when I had to be rushed to the Clark County "hospital" in LV in 2008. I'm not sure what the rush to get me there was though, I ended up waiting TWELVE HOURS in the emergency room BLEEDING from an area you DO NOT WANT TO BLEED FROM (yes, there are areas you do not want to be bleeding from ever!!). God knows how I didn't pass out, but it was great to have the EKG hooked up to me to monitor my own demise?? $6000 later and some potent antibiotics and I was on my way. The Canadian government assessed my care at $150, and my insurance had to cover the rest (thats how our system works, the canadian gov covers the rate at which similar care would be given in canada. You, or your employers extra insurance, pays the difference.

I make it a habit of telling everyone I know never to set foot in the USA without emergency medical insurance with FLYHOME coverage. I wouldn't let those asshats touch me if I could make it back to Canada where the doctors care about people more than lining their own pockets. But then again, its LV, morality leaves the door when you land
Old Nov 22, 2010, 5:35 pm

I still haven't got any refund from expedia although in the payment history it said the refund was done. Hope there's no problem.

Another question is, I booked a 5 star hotel in Las Vegas (Trump Hotel) and they charge me almost $20 per night. I called the hotel staff today and asked if it's possible to waive this fee, they said this fee is mandatory. Has anyone tried to waive the fee successfully??
Old Nov 22, 2010, 5:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by imm2b
There was a FTF refund on my AA ticket with an Amex card. However, on another AA ticket charged to my Chase card which is FTF fee free, there was no refund.
Why should there be a refund of FTF when there is none to begin with?

Only cards have 3% FTF would have a refund of FTF on the credit because it automatically assumes the initial debit is a foreign transaction.
Old Nov 22, 2010, 5:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Kelly20_00
I still haven't got any refund from expedia although in the payment history it said the refund was done. Hope there's no problem.

Another question is, I booked a 5 star hotel in Las Vegas (Trump Hotel) and they charge me almost $20 per night. I called the hotel staff today and asked if it's possible to waive this fee, they said this fee is mandatory. Has anyone tried to waive the fee successfully??
Have you read the disclosure on Expedia? It does say the resort fee is MANDATORY and pay to hotel directly at check in or check out. If there is no resort fee, it says so too.

FYI, Bellagio and Wynn both are $20. Venetian is $17. A few others I looked, ranging from 13 to 17... There are no resort fee properties you can book as well... It is not like you dont have an option...
Old Nov 22, 2010, 5:38 pm

Originally Posted by Spiff
Awww... that's cute.

Why not turn us all in and claim a big reward?
I'll leave that to Saint Peter.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.