Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[FARE GONE] Expedia.ca $300 coupon on packages (new terms)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[FARE GONE] Expedia.ca $300 coupon on packages (new terms)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 10, 2010, 1:35 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Mosaic
Originally Posted by luv2ctheworld
The security lines @ LAS can be notoriously fickle. I would not purposely give it such a tight time. 15 extra minutes can mean getting on the plane or being stuck @ TSA checkpoint.

I've missed flights with 45 minutes. Keep in mind you have to take that monorail after you clear security and then hustle to the gate. Saturday AM departure may be your saving grace but it'll be stressful; 5 minutes to walk from curb to security line, unknown amount of time @ security, 10 minutes (safely) post-security from monorail to the terminal, 5-10 minute brisk walk to gate. Looking at 20+ minutes... don't forget the 10 minute prior to departure spiel... so you'll probably have no more than 10-15 minutes for security.

I believe there is a substantial thread in the LAS forum.
Thank you, I will make it my bell trans pickup 2 hours prior at 5 am then. hope usair has a decent flat tire rule if it doesn't all go as planned.
Old Dec 10, 2010, 1:47 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Mosaic
<remove dupe>

Last edited by pWei; Dec 11, 2010 at 5:50 pm
Old Dec 10, 2010, 2:50 pm

Programs: UA Silver, AA, WN, DL
If money=sleep, I'd recommend a cab. I think the cost of those shared ride is $7 and a cab is < $20. For $13, you can have an extra 1 hour of sleep. Not sure if it's worth it to you or not, but sometimes paying a little more can make a big difference.
Old Dec 10, 2010, 2:57 pm

Programs: AA ExP
Originally Posted by luv2ctheworld
If money=sleep, I'd recommend a cab. I think the cost of those shared ride is $7 and a cab is < $20. For $13, you can have an extra 1 hour of sleep. Not sure if it's worth it to you or not, but sometimes paying a little more can make a big difference.
With SAVE300 shared ride is free.

But point taken! I think I might take a cab despite my free shared ride... I assume the "< $20" comes from experience? 8.2 miles, 12 minutes, sounds about right I guess, though I've taken a taxi in a Western nation like 4 times in my life. (Taken hundreds of taxis in Asia, Middle East; different ball game.)
Old Dec 10, 2010, 3:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Platinum MM; DL Silver; IHG Diamond Ambassador; Hilton Gold; Marriott Gold
My wife and I flew into Vegas on Friday on this deal. Paid $25 (USD) total per person, after coupon, for flights and a room at the Candlewood Suites. On UA, supposed to fly SAT-SFO-LAS. The CRJ from SAT-SFO was weight restricted so UA needed volunteers. We were the only two passengers to volunteer, so UA pulled 16 checked bags instead. We collected $400 in vouchers each to give up our seats, were re-routed SAT-DEN-LAS, and got into Vegas five minutes later than originally scheduled. Had to sacrifice my confirmed upgrades on both segments, wound up with the exit row from SAT-DEN, and got upgraded from DEN-LAS at the gate due to my elite status.

On the return, we had a little misadventure getting back to the airport. Our rental car from Hertz wouldn't start. We left the car at the hotel for Hertz to pick up and took a taxi back to the airport. Flew CO from LAS-IAH-SAT. LAS-IAH was full in first class (all 24 seats on the 753), which I found somewhat surprising for a Saturday morning, so my upgrade didn't clear and we rode in the exit row. On IAH-SAT, my upgrade did clear, as did my wife's companion upgrade.

Thanks again, flyinghigh77. ^

Last edited by SAT Lawyer; Dec 12, 2010 at 11:11 am
Old Dec 10, 2010, 6:49 pm

Programs: One Star 'n Sky
Originally Posted by jason8612
Printed off the voucher for the super shuttle. Walked right up to the desk and they scanned it. No issues. Told them what hotel I was going to and waited (for 45min) for a driver which then drove us to the hotel (took another hr).
Do you know if 45 min. wait for a driver was a usual or an atypical situation?

How many stops did your driver make? 1 hour sounds like too long.
Old Dec 10, 2010, 7:29 pm

I missed my flight from Boston a couple of days ago, but that did not cause any trouble checking into the Club Quarters Wall Street today. Actually, the return flight some time next week is still showing as Confirmed on jetblue.com. I'm afraid I'll be missing that one too.
Old Dec 11, 2010, 7:54 am

Location: EWR Ionosphere Club, LAX Clipper Club, Still Traveling Global, yearly BIS miles
Programs: EAL Silver Wings, I-Club, Flying Colonels DL, WorldPass PLat from the olde Meatball and PE SMARTbank
Originally Posted by spotydoty
So has anyone at all been able to take a return flight that was later than 24 hours after their missed departure flight?
Had a trip that I couldn't take, outbound US 12/7, return AA yesterday. US ticket stock. After no-show on 12/7 received email that outbound US cancelled (there were 2 segments) yet AA return listed as "confirmed"; logged in to xp.ca and curiously said ticket number was now "pending". 12/8 logged back in, now had AA ticket number. As of flight time yesterday, AA res was completely normal, chaged my seat on aa.com just for fun, no reason to think that I could not have flown on it.
Old Dec 11, 2010, 8:04 am

Programs: AA-LTP, HH-DIA, Marriott-LT+AMB, Hyatt-Globalist, Hertz-PC, UA-GS
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by SAT Lawyer
My wife and I flew into Vegas today on this deal. On UA, supposed to fly SAT-SFO-LAS. The CRJ from SAT-SFO was weight restricted so UA needed volunteers. We were the only two passengers to volunteer, so UA pulled 16 checked bags instead. We collected $400 in credits each to give up our seats, were re-routed SAT-DEN-LAS, and got into Vegas five minutes later than originally scheduled. Had to sacrifice my confirmed upgrades on both segments, wound up with the exit row from SAT-DEN, and got upgraded from DEN-LAS at the gate due to my elite status.

Thanks again, flyinghigh77. ^
$800 for 5 mins is a great deal . Congrats
Old Dec 11, 2010, 8:33 am

Programs: AA Plat Pto, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Hyatt Globalist
Is the shuttle on a fixed route or does it vary based on demand? I will be at the Tropicana which seems like an easy trip, if it is even work taking the shuttle.
Old Dec 11, 2010, 9:16 am

Programs: UA1k;HH Gold;MR Gold
Originally Posted by Exiled in Express
Is the shuttle on a fixed route or does it vary based on demand? I will be at the Tropicana which seems like an easy trip, if it is even work taking the shuttle.
Probably the best thing to do is ask. In recent years I have just taken the cab. If they go down Paradise it is about $11 to the Trop.
Old Dec 11, 2010, 9:20 am

For the USair no showers, were the hotel bookings still fine?

Last edited by COOLIO; Dec 11, 2010 at 9:35 am
Old Dec 11, 2010, 12:45 pm

Originally Posted by Exiled in Express
The shuttles don't leave until they are full. And if they aren't they'll wait around for a good 30 mins or so to get as many passengers as possible. You are better off taking a cab IMO.
Old Dec 11, 2010, 3:10 pm

Programs: Whatever's Cheapest, Accruing Miles, Redeeming for Premium Cabins, Not Chasing Status Unnecessarily
Priceline car rental in Las Vegas is better if you don't mind driving, and want to get around without paying a cabbie every time.
Old Dec 11, 2010, 4:14 pm
Suspended

I have a question about the original SAVE300 deal. I booked and I'm flying to Vegas tomorrow. I may have to stay out there and fly back a different day. I understand this would be on my own dime.

If I don't fly the back on the original "SAVE300" booking, will Expedia.ca penalize me, since I did not complete the original booking? Or will it not matter and I just don't show up?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.