Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[FARE GONE] Expedia.ca $300 coupon on packages (new terms)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[FARE GONE] Expedia.ca $300 coupon on packages (new terms)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 22, 2010, 7:32 pm

Actually, Washington state: http://www.whois.net/whois/expedia.ca

Some of my bookings have already posted the refund, I have no reason to doubt the rest will post soon.

Originally Posted by BillyBaloney
The transaction originated in Canada (Canadian website) and you are entitled to the refund because you complied with the terms.

Do a WHOIS search for Expedia.ca and I bet it comes back to a Canadian address.

You can always file a dispute with your CC company if they for some reason do not give you the refund. But I'm sure it will all work out. People are getting the refund.
Old Nov 22, 2010, 7:33 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Plat 2MM, MR Gold, Avis Pref
i booked a room at the Renaissance just in case I don't like my expedia room
Old Nov 22, 2010, 7:34 pm

Programs: AAdvantage, OnePass
Chase CO cc - Refund Posted
Citi MC - authorization

These are for my purchases on Saturday morning.

The Friday morning purchases show they have gone through, but on payment history section of Expedia, it shows amount charged to my BofA debit and Chase CC as $0.00..... total of that package was 260 something. Could it be Jetblue is a bit slow to charge the cards or should I not expect a charge at all?
Old Nov 22, 2010, 7:38 pm

Originally Posted by javabean
Questions that are bothering me:

- What's the value of unused Jetblue tickets? Fare is listed as CAD BT.
Per http://help.jetblue.com/SRVS/CGI-BIN...obj(383871)#s1 you can cancel your JetBlue reservation for $100 per person and save the credit for later use.

I don't see it stated on that page, but the remaining value may be used for any reservation in the future for any traveler.

Originally Posted by javabean
- What the consensus on no-show for the flight? Expedia is not going to charge the full price, is it?
Don't know, but I would guess that is doubtful.
Old Nov 22, 2010, 7:38 pm

Waiting my flight back home

As a data point, I'm almost finished my trip and waiting for my (delayed) flight back home. It was awesome 1-night 2-day New York trip. I took my flights and I stayed my hotel, actually hostel. All reservations were intact. I got charged only the price difference from the beginning as some of FTers reported.

Candy Hostel was not that good. I didn't expected much but I couldn't sleep well. I spent whole my dorm room by myself which was great, but vertical heating pipe (never seen it before) sounds a lot all night long. It sometimes splash hot water around.

Good luck to all of you !
Old Nov 22, 2010, 8:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ekartash
I checked my CC today and i got charged $8 (total package was $308) from expedia. no charge from airline. flights and hotel all show confirmed. anyone else have this?
Is your airline JetBlue?

From many pages ago when the bookings were going on, people with JetBlue as airline did not see their CCs being authorized. It was as if Expedia handled bookings using JetBlue from its internal accounting.
Old Nov 22, 2010, 8:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K
Originally Posted by asdn
anyone know what options we have if ever the refund doesn't post?
Wait until that actually happens to worry about it. Trust me there will be thousands of new posts of that were to happen
Old Nov 22, 2010, 8:33 pm

Smile Refund posted before charge on CC...

While both posted simultaneously on expedia site, my CC has posted the refund, but not the actual charge yet...
Old Nov 22, 2010, 8:50 pm

Programs: SQ
Anyone have any advice for cancelling/changing dates/getting airline credit for this?
Somethings come up so I'll have to postpone my Vegas weekend - Can I cancel it for the $100 or whatever fee, get the $296 UA credit, and use it again at no cost? or is it more cost efficient to switch my trip to the next weekend?

Not a big expedia guy, nor a big UA guy so please advise.
Cheers
Old Nov 22, 2010, 9:03 pm

Programs: AA DL BA UA FAIRMONT SPG HILTON MARRIOTT HYATT
Expedia Canada posted my refund to my Chase CO CC. I also got my 2nd trip refund posted to my Capital One CC, I haven't been charged yet by CO for the two trips. Everything looks good to go.
Old Nov 22, 2010, 9:08 pm

confirmations round 2...
Old Nov 22, 2010, 9:08 pm

Programs: UA, IHG
For anyone who booked later on Saturday - Just received e-mail confirmation for my trip that was booked very late in the game - I purchased on Saturday evening at 4:54pm pacific, 7:54pm eastern.

Charges and Refunds haven't posted to either of my two credit cards yet, but both itineraries do show the $300 credit applied correctly, so I am not worried.
Old Nov 22, 2010, 9:09 pm

Programs: *W Plat, Hyatt PLT,PC RA Plat, Virgin Gld, CO Gld, DL Gld, HH Diam, KL Gld
just got my confirmation emails I booked sat night..
Old Nov 22, 2010, 9:09 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by Kewldude21
Expedia Canada posted my refund to my Chase CO CC. I also got my 2nd trip refund posted to my Capital One CC, I haven't been charged yet by CO for the two trips. Everything looks good to go.
Same with refund being posted with no charge.

Originally Posted by IAkH
confirmations round 2...
Yes for those bookings made on Saturday.
Old Nov 22, 2010, 9:19 pm

Programs: northwest, american, choice hotels
Got both confirmations....credit shows on payment history....no credit to card yet....fretting

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.