Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[FARE GONE] Expedia.ca $300 coupon on packages (new terms)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[FARE GONE] Expedia.ca $300 coupon on packages (new terms)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 20, 2010, 10:39 am

Programs: Amtrak Select Plus, Marriott Platinum, Marriott Lifetime Gold, Hilton Diamond
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8320/4.5.0.81 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/100)

Originally Posted by xTheLordx
I'm not sure if anyone has said this yet, but if you are using a throw away hotel, you can just book it for one day of your trip using the "I only need a hotel for part of my trip" option on the first page and then make the flight longer cheaper and not take up empty rooms. The voucher still applies if you only book the hotel for one day of your trip.
That's what I did. Five days in NY but with only one throw-away hostel night.
Old Nov 20, 2010, 10:40 am

Originally Posted by Smidget
Anyone just getting tons of free Broadway tickets/Cirque de Soleil tickets etc for the time you are at the location? Or am I just being ultra-extra greedy?
I did. I got two tix to Phantom of the Opera for $9. Could probably have done better but who cares.

It seems though that Expedia is not letting me add activities any more. Anyone else having this issue too?

I also got MoMA and Met tickets (wrong date unfortunately, so will call and try a date change) and a Rockerfeller Center tour.
Old Nov 20, 2010, 10:40 am

Originally Posted by tcook052
True. I "upgraded" to Palace Station and plan on staying there to check it out.
Ask for the OJ room when you checkin for the true Palace Station experience.
Old Nov 20, 2010, 10:41 am

Programs: US CP, DL GM, AA Plat
Theres still suppose to be about 38 hours left to use the voucher. lol i think all of the airlines are going to be confused as to why all of their LAS and NYC flights sold out so quickly.
Old Nov 20, 2010, 10:45 am

Programs: AmexPlat,SPG,CitiAA,One pass,
I did the spa voucher not to long ago it worked fine. just waiting on email from spa finder for the GC... I might go do plays now also
Old Nov 20, 2010, 10:45 am

Originally Posted by TAWS
Theres still suppose to be about 38 hours left to use the voucher. lol i think all of the airlines are going to be confused as to why all of their LAS and NYC flights sold out so quickly.
The airlines wont care as they will get paid...those who have to "Sweat" it out are the ones waiting for a refund of the 300 Clams.

As much as I wanted to do this, I passed....I have a strong feeling that anyone not fron canada will not get their coin back and that expedia.ca will say that the fine print says "canadian bookings" means folks from Canada...

Just my 2 cents.
Old Nov 20, 2010, 10:48 am

Programs: AA ExP
Originally Posted by pWei
I will be at LAS Friday 10/12.
Wow, you must actually be Canadian. Crazy backward dates on Expedia.ca drove me bonkers.

Programs: US CP, DL GM, AA Plat
Originally Posted by billybabe
The airlines wont care as they will get paid...those who have to "Sweat" it out are the ones waiting for a refund of the 300 Clams.

As much as I wanted to do this, I passed....I have a strong feeling that anyone not fron canada will not get their coin back and that expedia.ca will say that the fine print says "canadian bookings" means folks from Canada...

Just my 2 cents.
They might have been able to do that if only a few people took advantage of the offer, but with potentially tens of thousands of bookings, their only recourse would be to cancel and refund everyone's money.
Moderator: Coupon Connection & S.P.A.M

Programs: Destination Unknown, TSA Disparager Diamond (LTDD)
Originally Posted by billybabe

Just my 2 cents.
Not a chance. My screenshot has the price that I agreed to pay. Expedia cannot charge me a different price than this unless I agree to that different price. Massive credit card chargebacks would really put expedia into hot water with credit card companies.

Relax, don't worry - buy and enjoy.
Old Nov 20, 2010, 10:49 am

Well I have the same issue. I think it will be hard for them to turn this around but as I want to do about 8-10 bookings its 3000 at stake and as id have to use entropay for so many bookings i am still not sure.

No one from the past bahamas deal here ?
Old Nov 20, 2010, 10:49 am

Programs: Amtrak Select Plus, Marriott Platinum, Marriott Lifetime Gold, Hilton Diamond
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8320/4.5.0.81 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/100)

Originally Posted by xTheLordx
I'm not sure if anyone has said this yet, but if you are using a throw away hotel, you can just book it for one day of your trip using the "I only need a hotel for part of my trip" option on the first page and then make the flight longer cheaper and not take up empty rooms. The voucher still applies if you only book the hotel for one day of your trip.
That's what I did. Five days in NY but with only one throw-away hostel night.
Old Nov 20, 2010, 10:51 am

Programs: AP, HHonours Diamond
Originally Posted by Spiff
Not a chance. My screenshot has the price that I agreed to pay. Expedia cannot charge me a different price than this unless I agree to that different price. Massive credit card chargebacks would really put expedia into hot water with credit card companies.

Agreed. Do folks think Expedia would have trouble implementing a coupon that expires after a certain amount of uses, or to have a script that ensures the bookings are only valid ex-Canada?

Whatever it is, they decided to sell a certain tix at certain price. If they try to renege they will not only have to face chargebacks but possible legal action rightfully or not.
Old Nov 20, 2010, 10:53 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Plat 2MM, MR Gold, Avis Pref
figured it out, had to adjust my settings

not as good as most of you but I got my one nighter for $77 and the bonus (for me) was its all AA via LAX

just the eqm/rdm is so worth it to m e

by the way, its still working at 12:50 p.m. EST
Old Nov 20, 2010, 10:53 am

Originally Posted by Spiff

The problem here for Expedia is that all these bookings have now been confirmed and in some cases changed. This may even pre-empt them from being able to reverse the charges and refund everyone altogether, much less bait-and-switch by not applying the coupon. (If they wanted to reject it, then their systems should have caught that these bookings were not eligible in some way. This hasn't happened, and we're now past 24 hours from the original booking time for many of us.)

Poor guys. I hear that in Canada, lawyers don't work on weekends too
Old Nov 20, 2010, 10:55 am

Originally Posted by IAkH
you can pay $150 change fee + $25 reissue fee on CO to get credit for the face value of the ticket for use next year
But credit has to be issued by expedia, which means you cancel via expedia. Once you cancel, who know how they treat the $300 refund (assuming it does come through some time next week). That's what stopping me from going all over with this.

That's another thing I can't get about people calling to cancel today. They ARE going to charge you some fees for airline. The voucher has not come through yet, if you cancel, will it ever come through?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.