Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[FARE GONE] Expedia.ca $300 coupon on packages (new terms)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[FARE GONE] Expedia.ca $300 coupon on packages (new terms)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 24, 2010, 6:28 am

Programs: UA Premier Platinum, Skyteam Elite Plus (KE Morning Calm Premium)
Did anyone have success to change the flght?

I booked two trips. US (ATL-CLT-LAS-CLT-ATL) + hotel in Las Vegas.

Two trips will not get me 1P level this year.

So I am wondering if I can change my US flight to sometime in next year with $150 change fee. (for example, ATL-CLT-SFO-CLT-ATL to get more miles. My ATL-LAS value is about $250. I am willing to pay $150 + difference in fare)

I think somebody brought this idea in the past. Not sure if anyone actually changed the flight.

Thanks.
Old Nov 24, 2010, 6:33 am

Programs: NWA Platinum, HHonors Diamond, SPG, YX, AA
Originally Posted by 3544quebec
The big problem with this deal is that any mileage run that I look at now that is more expensive than free just doesn't seem to be worth it
I'm glad I'm not the only one thinking this!
Old Nov 24, 2010, 7:07 am

Programs: Delta FO, Marriott Silver, Hyatt Platinum
Originally Posted by CDKing
I wish people would quit complaining about the extra $2 to $3 they had to pay on this free or extremely discounted trip. My charges finally posted along with my $8 foreign transaction fee. this brings my total out of pocket for flight and hotel of $49 and i'm happy to pay it over the full price
I completely agree. Since my total trip was less than $300, the charge and refund should have offset, but the refund was $1.82 less than the charge. Is it a big deal? Of course not. I'm very happy to pay that to go to Vegas for 24 hrs!
Old Nov 24, 2010, 7:08 am

I'm gutted I didn't book for a final night as our flight is at 1am or something ridiculous like that. Even at free I stalled.
Old Nov 24, 2010, 7:14 am

Programs: DL Gold
Good to see the credits come through. Now I just wish I had booked more than 1!
Old Nov 24, 2010, 7:27 am

Programs: Delta FO, Marriott Silver, Hyatt Platinum
Originally Posted by hotelmotel
Good to see the credits come through. Now I just wish I had booked more than 1!
Same here. I hesitated after the first booking. After the change in T&Cs, I decided against booking another one.
Old Nov 24, 2010, 7:43 am

Programs: Some of them not all ...
Originally Posted by kennycrudup
Ah- so many (? most) of you guys are staying only the one night? I'm in for two.

(Also, funny you use the Canadian date-standard "DD-MM"; right after I'd booked my reservation I was stunned for a minute as I'd thought I'd done the wrong date!)
I am also in Vegas for two nights! It is an almost free trip, a mileage run and a nice vacation to Sin City!!! No way I was going to make it only a MR Turn with a 10 hour sleep. To good to pass and also perfect to requalify to AA ExPlat!!! 8 More EVIPs!!!
Old Nov 24, 2010, 7:53 am

Programs: northwest, american, choice hotels
Got all credits, charges, emails...etc. Net cost 0.72 cents each for me and the wifey....
2.5 days in Vegas, 2 nights hotel, got a car for $38 ai......In-N-Out Burger here I come!
Old Nov 24, 2010, 8:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: National Executive Elite, none of the others matter
Originally Posted by helpless
I completely agree. Since my total trip was less than $300, the charge and refund should have offset, but the refund was $1.82 less than the charge. Is it a big deal? Of course not. I'm very happy to pay that to go to Vegas for 24 hrs!
For those of us who live in a double-EQM/MQM city, there are even fewer reasons to complain. In-N-Out Burger will taste so much better on an almost completely subsidized trip.
Old Nov 24, 2010, 8:27 am

Quick question - first visit ever to Vegas, so I really have no idea what to expect, apart from plenty of lights, and shows and what not. What exactly is this players card that people are talking about? Why would I want it (if I don't gamble)? How do I get one, if it does give me cheap options on food, shows etc? And how much does it cost?

Thanks!

Also: I'm trying to become a member of Delta Skymiles from Canada and for some reason the sign up for keeps giving me an error for the postal code. Any ideas why?
Old Nov 24, 2010, 8:30 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by usefulidiot
What exactly is this players card that people are talking about? Why would I want it (if I don't gamble)?
You will gamble after this trip ^
Old Nov 24, 2010, 8:31 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by jabho
got a car for $38 ai......In-N-Out Burger here I come!
Thats one of the main reasons why I rent a car in Vegas. In N Out everyday while in Vegas
Old Nov 24, 2010, 8:34 am
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums

Programs: NEXUS/Global Entry, Delta, United, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, and Hertz
Quick question - first visit ever to Vegas, so I really have no idea what to expect, apart from plenty of lights, and shows and what not. What exactly is this players card that people are talking about? Why would I want it (if I don't gamble)? How do I get one, if it does give me cheap options on food, shows etc? And how much does it cost?

Thanks!

Probably a good question for the Las Vegas Forum:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/las-vegas-463/

Also: I'm trying to become a member of Delta Skymiles from Canada and for some reason the sign up for keeps giving me an error for the postal code. Any ideas why?
Probably a good question for the Delta SkyMiles Forum:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-skymiles-665/
Old Nov 24, 2010, 8:59 am

Originally Posted by mkrecek

Anyway, anyone else thinking of doing a car rental over multiple stays VS taxi (10 in my case)?
I'm still leaning towards the taxi.
Something else to think about:
if your last trip falls through (cancellation, change of plan, you have to stay home for one reason or another - these things happen), you're left with a rental car in a LAS parking lot with no way of returning it (and you bag in the trunk). Then you probably have to shell out some $$$ just to go back to vegas and return the car.
Old Nov 24, 2010, 9:06 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Plat 2MM, MR Gold, Avis Pref
i missed the last change as to why this thread was moved to the regular MR forum from discussions

what happened that moved this thread?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.