Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[FARE GONE] Expedia.ca $300 coupon on packages (new terms)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[FARE GONE] Expedia.ca $300 coupon on packages (new terms)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 27, 2010, 9:48 am
Carlson Contributor Badge

Programs: Hertz & Avis PC; National EE; SPG & Hilton Gold; AC 35K (yawn)
Originally Posted by lksf
Any suggestions?
Suck it up? What is your out-of-pocket here...
Old Nov 27, 2010, 10:07 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Yesterday I've completedy my first same day return. DCA-LAS-DCA. Today I'm taking second same day return trip.
If you are going to Vegas wear warm clothes. Yesterday temperature was in low 30s F.
Old Nov 27, 2010, 10:11 am

Programs: AA EXP 3MM
Originally Posted by lksf
Any suggestions?
If they are transferable, offer them to an FTer who will be at the destination for those dates.
Old Nov 27, 2010, 10:39 am

Programs: Skymiles, MilagePlus
Originally Posted by tkey75
For those still missing credits on their CC/debit card, Expedia says 7-10 business days to process. That'll take us into next week.
I'm still waiting for mine. I booked my trip on Nov 19th and still waiting.
Old Nov 27, 2010, 11:36 am

Does anyone have screen capture or pdf of the old term & condition ? Their system had a glitch during my checkout . my final confirmation shows -C$300 ( I have the screen capture of this) however when I check my itinerary again on their system , it does not have the coupon applied. I email and called them they said this promotion only for originating from Canada .

Dear XXXXXXX,

Thank you for contacting Expeia.ca regarding (Itinerary# XXXXXXXXXXXXX).

Unfortunately, this offer is only valid for packages originating form Canada.

Should you have any more questions, please contact Expedia.ca at 1-888-EXPEDIA (1-888-397-3342) or from outside North America at +1-613-780-1386.Our Customer Support Representatives are available to assist you 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.

Thank you for choosing Expedia.ca!

Customer Support Team
Expedia.ca
Old Nov 27, 2010, 12:25 pm

Programs: DL PM, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold, AmExPlat
Originally Posted by draerospace
Does anyone have screen capture or pdf of the old term & condition ? Their system had a glitch during my checkout . my final confirmation shows -C$300 ( I have the screen capture of this) however when I check my itinerary again on their system , it does not have the coupon applied. I email and called them they said this promotion only for originating from Canada .
Here's a .pdf file to the original offer, which says "Canadian bookings" NOT travel orginating from Canada. http://jksolution.com/ft/expediasale.pdf

Here's also a cached page to terms that came up while booking online, before the T&Cs changed on November 20:

Quote:
Originally Posted by nutternet
Google Cache of Voucher Terms:

http://webcache.googleusercontent.co...r/save300.html

Booking through a Canadian website and paying in Canadian dollars should meet the requirement of a "Canadian booking," in my opinion (and the opinion of many others here).

Last edited by BarbiJKM; Nov 27, 2010 at 12:32 pm Reason: fixed link
Old Nov 27, 2010, 12:27 pm

Same for me, and although the itinerary doesn't show the discount, I got the refund. I called the air company, my reservation is confirmed. I called the hotel, my reservation there is also confirmed. So I'm just ignoring Expedia.ca itinerary now. If I have any problem during the trip, I have the screen shots and the confirmation email with the discount, and will use it if necessary. But for what I have been reading in the forum, I don't think I will have any problems.
Old Nov 27, 2010, 1:21 pm

Thank you for your help . They said I am right and will process the refund in 48hrs. I am also a Canadian Citizen and Resident, so I believe the first T&C applies .

Originally Posted by BarbiJKM
Here's a .pdf file to the original offer, which says "Canadian bookings" NOT travel orginating from Canada. http://jksolution.com/ft/expediasale.pdf

Here's also a cached page to terms that came up while booking online, before the T&Cs changed on November 20:

Quote:
Originally Posted by nutternet
Google Cache of Voucher Terms:

http://webcache.googleusercontent.co...r/save300.html

Booking through a Canadian website and paying in Canadian dollars should meet the requirement of a "Canadian booking," in my opinion (and the opinion of many others here).
Old Nov 27, 2010, 1:24 pm

Programs: DL PM, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold, AmExPlat
Thank you for your help . They said I am right and will process the refund in 48hrs. I am also a Canadian Citizen and Resident, so I believe the first T&C applies .
Great, Draerospace! Glad you got your refund!
Old Nov 27, 2010, 9:49 pm

I STILL haven't been refunded the $300 credit.

Has anyone else still not been refunded the $300 coupon credit to their cerdit card?

Also, for those of you who have received this credit, was it confirmed in any emails to you, or did it just appear on your credit card statement?

I have screenshots, but the EMAIL I got, and also the expedia "View My Itineraries" page both say:

Package booking cost: C$237.95
Taxes & service fees: C$61.70

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Package total: C$299.65
With no mention of the SAVE300 code.

So, does anyone have details of the SAVE300 code coming up in their inboxes or on the "View my Itineraries" on expedia.ca?

Last edited by nigelloring; Nov 27, 2010 at 9:57 pm
Old Nov 27, 2010, 11:14 pm

Programs: Aeroplan
I don't think your coupon was applied during the reservation if you don't see it in your itinerary. If I click on 'itinerary' mine looks like this:

Adult Add Frequent Flyer number(s) C$309.46

Flight taxes/fees, Taxes & Fees C$46.72
Discount -C$300.00
Total amount charged C$56.18

You should probably see something like that..
Old Nov 27, 2010, 11:20 pm

Originally Posted by nigelloring
Also, for those of you who have received this credit, was it confirmed in any emails to you, or did it just appear on your credit card statement?
Sorry that I can't answer any more of your questions, but the refund/credit just posted to my account with no notifications. I didn't receive any emails relating solely to the CAD300.

If you have your original email receipt with the SAVE300 coupon applied to the final price, then I would call expedia Canada ASAP and try to resolve the issue so long as you purchased within the T&C that were online at the time of your transaction.

Hope that all goes well!
Old Nov 27, 2010, 11:21 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA Premier Plat, Alaska MVP Gold, HHonors Diamond, SPG Platinum, Hyatt Platinum
Originally Posted by nigelloring
I have screenshots, but the EMAIL I got, and also the expedia "View My Itineraries" page both say:

With no mention of the SAVE300 code.

So, does anyone have details of the SAVE300 code coming up in their inboxes or on the "View my Itineraries" on expedia.ca?
It would look like, from what you've posted, that the voucher wasn't applied. When you say you have screen shots... of what? The original purchase/receipt?

Both my itineraries show the discount.
Old Nov 28, 2010, 2:21 am

Did anyone use a Bank of America (debit) card to purchase one of these? I have an itinerary where I was supposed to be charged $20, but the airline charged me ~CAD$270 on which I paid foreign exchange fees of ~$5 and then Expedia reversed $300 but there was no foreign exchange fee reversal! I hate how BoA tries to screw me on both ends of the conversion.

I ran out of my 0% forex cards to use what with booking 7 of these.
Old Nov 28, 2010, 6:54 am

Originally Posted by bwiadca
Yesterday I've completedy my first same day return. DCA-LAS-DCA. Today I'm taking second same day return trip.
If you are going to Vegas wear warm clothes. Yesterday temperature was in low 30s F.
This means you no-showed the hotel!? do tell!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.