Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[FARE GONE] Expedia.ca $300 coupon on packages (new terms)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[FARE GONE] Expedia.ca $300 coupon on packages (new terms)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 28, 2010, 5:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Neil791
Seems this deal is still being honored? From the original post I got the impression that this was a very limited time offer yet it seems people are still using it for travel this year?? I tried applying the code to a booking for early 2011 and it wouldn't go...don't suppose these codes are retroactive should another one come along after my booking is made?? I wish!!
Originally Posted by jan_az
I should have explained to you since I see you just joined - The flyertalk mods do not post FARE GONE unless the fare is well and truly gone. There were at least 10 times in the thread it was pronounced "dead"
when it wasnt - but the mods did not posst FARE GONE. If you see that in a heading here on FT you can be sure it is true
Originally Posted by TrojanHorse
they have been quick to jump the gun on some prior threads so FARE GONE does not necessarily mean fare gone although I will concede that it definitely applies in this thread
You both missed what the OP tried to do - he was trying to book a trip in Early 2011...

Even when the promo was good, it was only for travel up to end of the year!

Apparently OP has some comprehension issues here...
Old Nov 28, 2010, 5:39 pm

Programs: NEXUS; *A Gold
Originally Posted by Happy
Apparently OP has some comprehension issues here...
Yes, apparently with less than 20 posts on this site i've got comprehension issues...perhaps I should dedicate more time to posting on a topic which should have been removed once the fare was deemed 'gone' in order to get up to your current level of 'comprehension'.

Back to having a life...what a concept?!?
Old Nov 28, 2010, 5:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by leonard016
Has anyone got charged by Expedia for the hotel? Like many others, I got charged and refunded by Expedia for the airfare part a while ago. However, I never saw any charge (posted or pending) for the hotel.
Originally Posted by TechnoPagan
There should be no separate hotel charge from Expedia unless your package total far exceeded the $300 discount. Most people actual got a refund from Expedia to cover the cost of the airfare (charged separately by the airline).
The $300 voucher has 2 components - 1 for hotel portion 1 for airline portion. It is FIRST used to offset hotel charge which is PREPAID type meaning Expedia already paid the hotel, and you now pay Expedia for the hotel portion - since you have the $300 voucher, Expedia deducts the amount of prepaid hotel room FIRST, the remaining is used to offset the airline charge.

Since almost 100% of the people booked packages that were not too much above $300, the hotel portion would be completely offset by the voucher and with remaining value to apply to the airline tickets.

You will NEVER see any hotel charges unless you have a very high net package cost. I seriously doubt anyone would book anything like that.

Last edited by Happy; Nov 28, 2010 at 5:51 pm
Old Nov 28, 2010, 5:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Yes, apparently with less than 20 posts on this site i've got comprehension issues...perhaps I should dedicate more time to posting on a topic which should have been removed once the fare was deemed 'gone' in order to get up to your current level of 'comprehension'.

Why would the topic be removed when the Fare is Gone? Yes, no more deals, but there are plenty of people haven't traveled on their trips yet, and some people still have some issues on their refunds... Why should the thread be removed?

There are deal threads can go on for MONTHS because trips booked to travel many months down the road in some situations. This is not like some threads you may be more familiar with, like rush to buy a cheap TV so when the TV sold out, the thread is not of any interest to anyone any more...

This is for travel bookings which often for trips to be taken weeks and months later. In this particular case, at least not until end of Promo period, that is Dec 30, 2010, it would still be some discussion going on for whatever issues may pop up. How about a weather delay, and hotel not honor reservation when you arrive beyond your initial arrival date?

The comprehension issues start with:

1) You dont understand the promo is NOT for your intended traveling period.

The details of the promo was on the FIRST POST of this thread, clearly stated the conditions of the promo. It is not hard to read the First Post and know the criteria of the promo.

Yet you wonder why your booking for Early 2011 was not accepted with the promo code.

That is not even counted the promo has been long gone for exactly a week. It was officially dead Sunday afternoon FYI.

2) The posts you have mistaken as successes are reports about actual trips, discussion about refunds, unexpected changes on the trip due to other priorities in life, etc etc

As others have told you, there is not a SINGLE POST about any success of booking since 7 days ago.

If this is not comprehension issues I do not know what could be.

Last edited by Happy; Nov 28, 2010 at 5:59 pm
Old Nov 28, 2010, 6:26 pm

Programs: UA1k;HH Gold;MR Gold

So let me guess - you read none of this thread and just wanted someone to "fix" it for you.
Old Nov 28, 2010, 7:02 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Mosaic
Do not feed the troll.

Has anyone cancelled flights, got credits and have had heard anything from expedia? Particularly if the supposed date has passed.
Old Nov 28, 2010, 7:08 pm

Programs: AA LT Gold (MM), WN A-List, Fairmont L/T Plat, HH Diamond

Welcome to FT... btw, FT etiquette suggests that you do not use until you hit 100 posts. Just a heads up.
Old Nov 28, 2010, 9:12 pm

Programs: UA Premier Platinum, Skyteam Elite Plus (KE Morning Calm Premium)
Do I have to call expedia to cancel/change my travel?

I booked USairways and LAS hotel.

I would like to change my trip to Jan 2011 (of course I will pay $150 USairways change fee. I think the Jan fare is about the same - $230)

Do I have to call expedia ca or USairways?

Does anyone have similar experience?

Thanks.
Old Nov 28, 2010, 9:20 pm

Programs: UA1k;HH Gold;MR Gold
Originally Posted by poohhead80

I would like to change my trip to Jan 2011 (of course I will pay $150 USairways change fee. I think the Jan fare is about the same - $230)

Thanks.
The coupon was not valid for Jan travel
Old Nov 28, 2010, 10:01 pm

Programs: WN A-list & CP, Delta GM
Can you explain this? My case is that my package totals $276, but i was charged and refunded only $212 for the airfare. I was expecting a separate charge of $64 from expedia and a refund of the exact amount (for the hotel), which I never saw. My understanding is that the hotel part is prepaid, so i don't have to pay anything when checking out (except for probably the resort fee). However, if expedia won't charge me (and then refund me) $64, I am concern that the hotel may need to charge me when checking out.

Originally Posted by CDKing

A = Charge by the airline on card
B = Expedia.com credit on my card
C = Expedia.com total package cost Airfare and Hotel (including taxes + fees)
D = $300 promo credit

If Total package was under $300

A=B
Old Nov 28, 2010, 10:43 pm

Can you explain this? My case is that my package totals $276, but i was charged and refunded only $212 for the airfare. I was expecting a separate charge of $64 from expedia and a refund of the exact amount (for the hotel), which I never saw. My understanding is that the hotel part is prepaid, so i don't have to pay anything when checking out (except for probably the resort fee). However, if expedia won't charge me (and then refund me) $64, I am concern that the hotel may need to charge me when checking out.
Expedia pays the hotels directly, but not the airlines. Hence, in a normal scenario sans coupon, you would see a charge from expedia and the airline. But if expedia is already issuing you the savings, there is no reason for them to incur two separate cc transaction fees to charge and refund you, so they just deduct it from the CAD300 credit.
Old Nov 28, 2010, 11:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Why would Expedia bill you the hotel and then credit back the same amount? It is all internal accounting. BTW, you should have booked a better hotel to use the full value of the voucher, even it may mean to pay a few bucks extra.

If you are so worried, call the hotel directly to verify the reservation with the hotel reservation number which should be on your itinerary.
Old Nov 29, 2010, 12:57 am

Programs: Whatever's Cheapest, Accruing Miles, Redeeming for Premium Cabins, Not Chasing Status Unnecessarily
Does anyone know if Expedia or Delta care if you SDC or change flights in any way?

My gut says no, and I apologize if it's been answered before.
Old Nov 29, 2010, 4:44 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by poohhead80

Same here. Except I want to change one trip to be overnight
This weekend I've done two DCA-LAS same day return trips and I am spent. Despite flying in FC, those trips are taking toll on me.
I have 3 more same day return trips to go (all with paid hotels). I wouldn't mind extending one of the trips to one night in Vegas.
Do I call US Airways to change return portion of my ticket for the next day? And how much are the fees? $150 plus diference in price?

Thanks!
Old Nov 29, 2010, 5:02 am

Programs: AA-UA-AS IHG-SPG-Carlson
I have 3 nights at Hooters Dec 7-10.
I called Hotel to ask about room choices,
and Hooters had the wrong dates, Dec 17th-20th.

Called Expedia.ca, who called the hotel
while I stayed on the line, all was sorted in a few minutes.

But I am glad I called and checked.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.