Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[FARE GONE] Expedia.ca $300 coupon on packages (new terms)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[FARE GONE] Expedia.ca $300 coupon on packages (new terms)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 21, 2010, 10:01 pm

Programs: Former UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by apollo_liumin
Hi, Guys, what is a confirmation email?

After the reservation, there was a Expedia travel confirmation,

and you have received one more email??
Sample confirm email that was sent today.
Subject heading - Confirmation for your XXX/11/2010 Las Vegas trip

Dear XXX,

Thank you for booking on Expedia. This e-mail confirms your purchase. For your convenience, the link below includes hotel and flight confirmation numbers for your XX/11/2010 trip to Las Vegas. If anything is missing, please call us immediately at 1-888-EXPEDIA (1-888-397-3342).
Old Nov 21, 2010, 10:01 pm

Programs: AA, HH, Hyatt Gold, Marriott Platinum, UA, DL, US
Originally Posted by ecspike
Pretty much now. Got the confirmation emails today for two bookings I made on Friday though they showed on the airline websites as confirmed before then.

For one of the trips, the credit bringing the charge down to the discounted rate ($57 after the rebate) posted to my AMEX today. Am waiting on the second one...probably will post tomorrow.

I'm kinda jealous of the ones who got on Strip properties...all I could find was close but off strip.
I took the off-strip property because I've been holding an invite for a timeshare (Yes, I'm into that too) presentation at the Jockey Club right between Bellagio and the new City Center Complex. And it was much cheaper. Add the two deals together and I and my partner get 3 nights at Jockey Club (with free show tix to any show on the strip, $200 slot credit and $300 food voucher good for hundreds of joints on the strip) along with airfare for the two of us from BDL for a net total of $34.00. Best deal yet for me from FT. I love you all!

JB

P.S. If anybody want's a free night at the Rancho Fiesta Del Taco Whatever north of the strip, i'd be happy to ride out and check you in.
Old Nov 21, 2010, 10:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by jbart74
Just got my ex.ca confirmation email for trip booked at 11:30pm 11/19. All looks good. Also got the credit to my Chase Card but no charge yet... lol. I'm sure it will catch up eventually. BoA debit card charge is pending for my partner's trip (same as mine, different booking at about 12:30am 11/20) but no refund shown yet. Again, I'm sure it will all work out very soon.
Ditto. Chase card shows the credit but UA billing is still an authorization (reduction in the available credit) not billed yet. but BofA (FIA) card has not shown any credit but the UA pending charge.
Old Nov 21, 2010, 10:04 pm

Confirmations are flooding in!!!!!!
Old Nov 21, 2010, 10:06 pm

I got all my Friday bookings confirmed an hour ago, but nothing from my Saturday bookings. Anybody have their Sat 11/20 bookings confirmed yet?
Old Nov 21, 2010, 10:07 pm

5 confirmation emails for my 5 vacations just flooded my email..
Old Nov 21, 2010, 10:08 pm

Programs: I'm all in on Ultimate Rewards
Originally Posted by travfar
Confirmations are flooding in!!!!!!
So is it safe to say all systems are a go? Can I tell my family that there was a reason I made them give me all their credit card numbers ASAP for a free trip and no, I'm not crazy? and no, this wasn't a scam?
Old Nov 21, 2010, 10:08 pm

Originally Posted by IAkH
I got all my Friday bookings confirmed an hour ago, but nothing from my Saturday bookings. Anybody have their Sat 11/20 bookings confirmed yet?
I got my Friday, but not my Saturday....I'm sure they'll come tomorrow.
Old Nov 21, 2010, 10:12 pm

Programs: *G, SPG, OW Sapphire
Originally Posted by schley
But how did you get the cert? From this promo and we are interested in the process of you actually getting a cert from this SAVE300 voucher. If this is just a cert you had previous please note.
Yes from this promo and no this is just the voucher, not the actual GC. I will bring this to the spa once I receive it from spafinder. YMMV with the spa's willingness to take your word though that you'll bring the GC in once you get it.

Originally Posted by IAkH
Same boat...looks like its a 48 hour batch processed confirmation so hopefully we'll see Saturday's post tomorrow.
Old Nov 21, 2010, 10:15 pm

I also got all my friday confirmations & refunds, but not saturday yet. Probably tomorrow. I am not counting this as "definite" until after tommorow.. I figure if ANYTHING is going to go down (cancellation emails, etc) it'll happen tommorow once the exec's are def all in their offices. I'm starting to feel (knock on wood) that they may just let this all slide?

How about the change in the terms regarding cancellation? If we booked before the change in TC do you think it'd be okay to cancel direct w the airline if they allow it to get a credit? And how about no-shows? Think we're safe on that too? I have a few flights I am no-showing for...
Old Nov 21, 2010, 10:16 pm

Originally Posted by jbart74
I took the off-strip property because I've been holding an invite for a timeshare (Yes, I'm into that too) presentation at the Jockey Club right between Bellagio and the new City Center Complex. And it was much cheaper. Add the two deals together and I and my partner get 3 nights at Jockey Club (with free show tix to any show on the strip, $200 slot credit and $300 food voucher good for hundreds of joints on the strip) along with airfare for the two of us from BDL for a net total of $34.00. Best deal yet for me from FT. I love you all!

JB

P.S. If anybody want's a free night at the Rancho Fiesta Del Taco Whatever north of the strip, i'd be happy to ride out and check you in.
Eek, the Jockey Club. Right between Bellagio and PCC is right. You are lucky this deal didn't come along when they were building PCC.

Have a great time in Vegas!
Old Nov 21, 2010, 10:17 pm

Programs: AS MVP, Hilton Diamond, IHG Gold
For Marriott people who need a cheap stay in LAS for MegaBonus, the Fairfield Inn LAS Airport is 'on sale' till tonight for pre-paid $45 ($50 all in). Free airport shuttle.

And don't forget to check out the DO threads in Comm Buzz.
Old Nov 21, 2010, 10:18 pm

Programs: I'm all in on Ultimate Rewards
Originally Posted by ooodsie
I also got all my friday confirmations & refunds, but not saturday yet. Probably tomorrow. I am not counting this as "definite" until after tommorow.. I figure if ANYTHING is going to go down (cancellation emails, etc) it'll happen tommorow once the exec's are def all in their offices. I'm starting to feel (knock on wood) that they may just let this all slide?
That's a good point. However, the T&Cs kept changing throughout the promo period. That means someone was there and someone did know what was going on.
Old Nov 21, 2010, 10:18 pm

We were already planning on driving to LAS for thanksgiving, so I just cancelled our Hard Rock $37/night rooms and we are going to use our free stays instead. Then we drive back home Sunday, and then take the kids back to LAS 3 days later...airfare for 3, 2 nights at the Rio, 2 Buffet-of-buffet passes, 2 shuttle transportation vouchers, 3 Lion King tickets, & 1 Mystere ticket for all of $16 + any forgeign transaction fees. Sin City, here we come!
Old Nov 21, 2010, 10:33 pm

Programs: AA, HH, Hyatt Gold, Marriott Platinum, UA, DL, US
Originally Posted by SensFan
Eek, the Jockey Club. Right between Bellagio and PCC is right. You are lucky this deal didn't come along when they were building PCC.

Have a great time in Vegas!
Yes, I hear the Construction is mainly done. I know it ain't pretty, but free is good for me, especially this time of year. I've been holding this Jockey offer for almost 2 years. I was surprised they let me redeem it, to be honest. I just need a bed. Not looking for much more.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.