Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[FARE GONE] Expedia.ca $300 coupon on packages (new terms)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[FARE GONE] Expedia.ca $300 coupon on packages (new terms)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 22, 2010, 10:59 am

Programs: *W Plat, Hyatt PLT,PC RA Plat, Virgin Gld, CO Gld, DL Gld, HH Diam, KL Gld
Originally Posted by eykramer
I have a friend who booked the same thing although the first leg was yesterday he checked in on line for the first leg then missed it. a few hours latter his next flight was available for check in and was subsequently canceled. he called delta and they said since he was already checked in they would reactivate the ticket he is on the flight right now. has anyone ever heard of this? maybe it only works on delta? was it a mistake I have a leg I need to miss on AA it will cost me $50 to reprice and cancel after refunds so not to bad, although free is the name of the game.
as a side note my reservation although on the same itinerary is on 2 different airlines and alliances, AA and US-airways
Old Nov 22, 2010, 11:01 am

Programs: UA Premier Platinum, Skyteam Elite Plus (KE Morning Calm Premium)
I have a friend who booked the same thing although the first leg was yesterday he checked in on line for the first leg then missed it. a few hours latter his next flight was available for check in and was subsequently canceled. he called delta and they said since he was already checked in they would reactivate the ticket he is on the flight right now. has anyone ever heard of this? maybe it only works on delta? was it a mistake I have a leg I need to miss on AA it will cost me $50 to reprice and cancel after refunds so not to bad, although free is the name of the game.
I would say it is case by case

good luck if you want to try missing the first leg.

if you have a good reason (for example, your ticket is mke-ord-las and there is snow possibility in mke) and meet a nice gate agent, then you will be okay. otherwise you might regret what you have done.
Old Nov 22, 2010, 11:03 am

Programs: UA Premier Platinum, Skyteam Elite Plus (KE Morning Calm Premium)
as a side note my reservation although on the same itinerary is on 2 different airlines and alliances, AA and US-airways
no one will be able to give you a definite answer.

if you want to take the risk, then do it.
Old Nov 22, 2010, 11:09 am

[QUOTE..If you do not show for the first leg, all the flights will be canceled./

Wrong.
Airlines have different requirements.
In the case of Jetblue (whom I checked with several times), missing the first does NOT affect the return segment.
So call your airline first.
Old Nov 22, 2010, 11:10 am

Programs: UA, AA, Marriott
just checked chase statement, i have a 250 refund from expedia travel, but no charge from expedia nor AA. will that come through later? Since there is a 250 refund, they cant cancel it or take it back correct?
Old Nov 22, 2010, 11:11 am
Suspended

Location: Tucson, AZ, USA. UA 1K, reluctant but * best in class * DL FO/MM. Former BA jumpseat rider and scourge of Dilbertian management and apologists. As LX might - and do - say: "....an experienced frequent flyer of international airlines"
The Expedia.ca groove

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jhUkGIsKvn0

Everybody was kung-fu buying
Those cats were fast as lightning
In fact, it was a little bit frightening
But they clicked with expert timing

There were funky Chinamen from funky Chinatown
They booked Cancun up, they booked the Apple down
It's an ancient FT art
And everybody knew their pAArt
From CDG to the Vegas strip
They clicked it from the hip

They clicked with expert timing

There was funky member schley and payama81
They said, to beat the big boss
we gotta get it on
We got our hotel stay, now the flight to JFK
A sudden error made us slip
but we book a brandnew trip...

Oooh ooooh ooooh ooo-oooh ooo-ooohhh
Old Nov 22, 2010, 11:16 am

Programs: AAdvantage, OnePass
Originally Posted by redtailshark
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jhUkGIsKvn0

But they clicked with expert timing

There were funky Chinamen from funky Chinatown
They booked Cancun up, they booked the Apple down
It's an ancient FT art
And everybody knew their pAArt
From CDG to the Vegas strip
They clicked it from the hip

There was funky member schley and payama81
They said, to beat the big boss
we gotta get it on
We got our hotel stay, now the flight to JFK
A sudden error made us slip
but we book a brandnew trip...

Oooh ooooh ooooh ooo-oooh ooo-ooohhh
^^^
Old Nov 22, 2010, 11:21 am

Programs: *W Plat, Hyatt PLT,PC RA Plat, Virgin Gld, CO Gld, DL Gld, HH Diam, KL Gld
Originally Posted by poohhead80
no one will be able to give you a definite answer.

if you want to take the risk, then do it.
risk my free flight and mileage or pay $50, hard to decide.
Old Nov 22, 2010, 11:23 am

I have a reservation I made which I dont want the the first leg is there anyway to cancel or not fly without canceling out the whole reservation?
Not really. On most airliines, if you miss the first leg, then the rest will be canceled. If you change it now, you'll at least be charged a change fee of $150 or so if it was a non-refundable fare.

The possbile exceptions are airlines like Southwest which has no fee cancelation/no show with reuse.

Last edited by travfar; Nov 22, 2010 at 11:29 am
Old Nov 22, 2010, 11:32 am

Originally Posted by djmagnum
just checked chase statement, i have a 250 refund from expedia travel, but no charge from expedia nor AA. will that come through later? Since there is a 250 refund, they cant cancel it or take it back correct?

This also happened to me - flying Delta. The original charge did not hit my chase card and yet I was still refunded $293 and an international fee also refunded of $8.80. I also used a Chase card for the purchase.
Old Nov 22, 2010, 11:45 am

but Expedia doesn't sell Southwest tickets so that is a moot point

Originally Posted by travfar
Not really. On most airliines, if you miss the first leg, then the rest will be canceled. If you change it now, you'll at least be charged a change fee of $150 or so if it was a non-refundable fare.

The possbile exceptions are airlines like Southwest which has no fee cancelation/no show with reuse.
Old Nov 22, 2010, 11:46 am

Originally Posted by djmagnum
Why wouldn't they be able to take it back if they refunded your money?

I'm just kidding. Don't worry about it. It just takes a bit of time for charges to clear on Chase. Some international purchases I made on my Chase card a week ago just cleared today. I don't expect this charge from Canada to clear on my Chase card for another day or two.
Old Nov 22, 2010, 11:48 am

this post and others seem to be mashma-(saying) that if I check in online before midnight (my flight is the next day) that it will not be canceled yet.
Old Nov 22, 2010, 11:49 am

Originally Posted by rede2rck
This also happened to me - flying Delta. The original charge did not hit my chase card and yet I was still refunded $293 and an international fee also refunded of $8.80. I also used a Chase card for the purchase.
You can try cancelling your credit card, and see what happens.
Old Nov 22, 2010, 11:52 am

Programs: AA, BA, UAL, DL
Huge thanks to the OP. Can't believe how long this was alive for. I booked 7 trips for me and my friends. If you had the gall, you could actually stop paying rent from now til 12/31 and book enough throw away trips to give you hotels, food, and activities to live in NYC or Las Vegas for a month and a half for free.

Might've been a cool gift to give a homeless person. Makes me think about how access to free stuff is often limited to those of us privileged enough to have internet access & credit cards; perhaps those who need it least.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.