Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[FARE GONE] Expedia.ca $300 coupon on packages (new terms)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[FARE GONE] Expedia.ca $300 coupon on packages (new terms)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 20, 2010, 2:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AMC MovieWatcher, Giant BonusCard, Petco PALS Card, Silver Diner Blue Plate Club
Originally Posted by azepine00
Does anyone know the actual T&Cs for this discount? Did they forget the minimum spending requirement? Is it supposed to be a targeted discount that follows some promo? Smth else? How did OP find it?
Read the first page of the thread, t&c are posted there
Old Nov 20, 2010, 3:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by gleff
Read the first page of the thread, t&c are posted there
But somehow I feel there is more to that unless expedia feels particularly generous this holiday season (and I doubt it)
Old Nov 20, 2010, 3:05 am

Programs: AA, HH, Hyatt Gold, Marriott Platinum, UA, DL, US
Originally Posted by azepine00
But somehow I feel there is more to that unless expedia feels particularly generous this holiday season (and I doubt it)
More to what? The T's and C's? Generally, the T's and C's pretty much cover every possible screwup. That's what lawyers are for.

Do you think Expedia is mounting a holiday attack on it's customer base?

Well, that would be interesting, but it would also be the end of Expedia.

Lots of you need to lighten up and enjoy a good thing. Merry Christmas, Happy Chanukka (sorry for spelling it wrong) and happy Thanksgiving!...

Sheesh!

JB
Old Nov 20, 2010, 3:17 am

Programs: Too many to list. Status is a half dozen.
I love when this happens. Just too bad it's not a lucrative mileage run from PHX but it's still a free weekend in Vegas anyway. Did this last year to the Bahamas with the then $400 voucher.
Old Nov 20, 2010, 3:19 am

Smile

Originally Posted by ArizonaGuy
I love when this happens. Just too bad it's not a lucrative mileage run from PHX but it's still a free weekend in Vegas anyway. Did this last year to the Bahamas with the then $400 voucher.
Cheers! Nothing wrong with that, is there? They offer, we receive! Everyone is happy.

JB
Old Nov 20, 2010, 3:26 am

Programs: Delta FO, Marriott Silver, Hyatt Platinum
I just booked a 1 night trip from BNA to LAS! Trying to decide whether or not to book another trip.
Old Nov 20, 2010, 3:27 am

Programs: Too many to list. Status is a half dozen.
Originally Posted by jbart74
Cheers! Nothing wrong with that, is there? They offer, we receive! Everyone is happy.

JB
Precisely.

This isn't new. Expedia.ca and Expedia.com have done this before with SAVE300, SAVE400 and BAH400 coupons. Google them and you'll find plenty of history. There's even an expired thread here about BAH400. That one was $400 off to the Bahamas for Oregon, Washington of California residents but just like now, any origin worked and plenty of people went for $0 to $100 or so.
Old Nov 20, 2010, 3:32 am

I'm trying to turn this into a quick, pretty much zero cost trip to NYC. I've already got flights for 2 booked with the cheapest hostel for a total of $1.57 each, and now I'm looking at how to get a decent hotel for next to nothing.

I'm thinking that I could book 2 more flights, on the same days, from a cheaper airport, leaving me more of the $300 left for hotels. The flights would be on a different airline (one I don't have a FF number with), so that shouldn't cause a problem. We're staying for 4 nights, so I'd use one of the reservations to book the first 2 nights hotel, and the second reservation to book the last 2 nights. That would give me about $400 worth of credit - enough to make a major difference in the overall price of this deal.

My problem is that I don't often book and cancel, or book and not show. I don't know what the consequences would be for me to book flights out of a city I don't plan to be in on an airline I don't plan to fly this time around. The change fee on these tickets is the same price as the tickets themselves - I assume not showing up for a flight doesn't incur a change fee, right? After all, the airline's still making the money whether I'm there or not.

Am I missing something here? Am I putting myself in some kind of danger with this plan? I've read 30+ pages of this thread, but just can't make it through the rest at this time of night. Thanks, as always, experts.
Old Nov 20, 2010, 3:34 am

Programs: United 1kMM; AA EX Plat, Hilton Diamond and SPG Plat
Booked 2 tixs tp NYC from SFO, for december red eyes out and early flight home, so I won't use the hostels. Both tixs show up on UA and I got my seats and some UG's. My cc's were charged with the full amount in USD now I just wait for the credit. Keeping my fingers crossed.

NICE FIND OP.
Old Nov 20, 2010, 3:39 am

Programs: UA-1k, 1mm, Marriott-LT Platinum, Hertz-Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by BarbiJKM

I called Expedia. They acknowledged that their website is "malfunctioning" today (no wonder!), and indeed there was a very long wait to get a person. They apologized, offered to cancel the whole itinerary with no fees (a 10-minute process), and asked me to rebook it online while I waited for confirmation of cancellation.
Called???????????????????????????????????
Old Nov 20, 2010, 3:54 am

Oh damn. We have a caller. Sh!t.
Old Nov 20, 2010, 3:58 am

Programs: UA 1MM, AA1MM PLTPRO, Hertz PC, National EXC, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton/Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
NEVER, NEVER CALL. NEVER. Did I say Never? Cause I meant to say NEVER call. People better book quickly.
Old Nov 20, 2010, 4:13 am

Originally Posted by schley
Called???????????????????????????????????
Originally Posted by UAPremierGuy
NEVER, NEVER CALL. NEVER. Did I say Never? Cause I meant to say NEVER call. People better book quickly.
I'm sorry, did you say NEVER? I wasn't quite clear on that. I mean, I've read all of the posts on this thread and people kept saying don't call but i thought that maybe if I called I could clear things up.

NEVER? Do you mean NEVER call when FT'ers are getting a good deal? I'm just checking because.... well...

NEVER? REALLY? OH SH!T

I just though about calling and it my head spin.

OOFFFFF!
Old Nov 20, 2010, 4:15 am

How to Book a Package for a Child?

How are people booking packages using their Child's name? Expedia won't book a hotel for someone under 18. If you make a "mistake" and indicate the child is over 18, will that create a problem with the airline tickets?
Old Nov 20, 2010, 4:17 am

I guess the upside is that whatever Barbi is now paying full price for we can all still get for free.

(hangs head in shame as beautiful situation comes quickly to an ultimate end)

But I cot My confirmations! How bout the rest of you!

JB

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.