Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[FARE GONE] Expedia.ca $300 coupon on packages (new terms)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[FARE GONE] Expedia.ca $300 coupon on packages (new terms)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 20, 2010, 1:12 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: HH Silver
The previously quoted price for the flights in this package has changed. Please note the adjusted package price shown below.

Shoulda known with expedia...
Old Nov 20, 2010, 1:18 am

Programs: UA 1K/MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Something, IHG Gold, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by tcook052
The previously quoted price for the flights in this package has changed. Please note the adjusted package price shown below.

That just means that either someone took the last seat in that fare class, or more likely the airfare changed over midnight (advanced purchase no longer met, or something like that). Can't blame Expedia for what would have happened on any other site.

Coupon IS still alive - tested about 2 minutes ago.
Old Nov 20, 2010, 1:20 am
alc

Can you explain a bit more what does this mean? Just about to click my final button to book my flight.
Old Nov 20, 2010, 1:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
There are some nice out of the box strategies on this deal. Meals, helicopter tours, show tickets, etc, in Vegas.

Christmas is a very slow day, and prices are low, low, low.

I haven't tried it, but you can also book the hotel for just one night. Book a RT on the cheapest days, and book one night while you'll actually be there for the tour/show, etc. Forget to fly or check into the hotel. <cough>

I've got my two tickets booked, and will be gone after Turkey day, so no more for me. I'd love to have a bit more time with this promo, though.

And for those complaining that their prices went up, just figure that there are hundreds of people still trying to book stuff right now. Try again, look for more availability, or just go to sleep. Some people can't handle the stress of these situations.
Old Nov 20, 2010, 1:21 am

Programs: AA, HH, Hyatt Gold, Marriott Platinum, UA, DL, US

I had to add a whole CN$38 to my partner's flight on a separate CC with his name and a new number. Aww shucks. Price went up 38 bucks and I ended up paying $34 for 2 R/T's to Vegas plus two hotel rooms for a 4 day getaway. Are you really complaining?'
Old Nov 20, 2010, 1:22 am

Originally Posted by alc
Can you explain a bit more what does this mean? Just about to click my final button to book my flight.
You won't be charged more than what you see on the screen when you click the final submit for purchase button.
Old Nov 20, 2010, 1:23 am

Programs: UA1k, AA EXP, PC Plat, Club Carlson Concierge, Hyatt Plat, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold
Just booked 1 more, Thanks again OP
Old Nov 20, 2010, 1:26 am

Originally Posted by alc
It would have happened earlier than that. It happens to me just as I hit the first "book it". The weak thing is then you search again and the bogus price is still in the results.
Old Nov 20, 2010, 1:30 am

Originally Posted by travfar
It would have happened earlier than that. It happens to me just as I hit the first "book it". The weak thing is then you search again and the bogus price is still in the results.
I noticed that booking my companion flight... Originally it was $122 more, rechecked a few mins later and it was $34 more. Booked the lower rate of course.
Old Nov 20, 2010, 1:32 am

Programs: UA Premier Platinum, DL Platinum
At 12 a.m., I logged onto FT to browse.

At 2 a.m., my friend and I each booked two nights at an absolutely top-rated Strip resort, on a flight via DL's premium transcon service, for $190 total each. We each have suites.

Free? No. Worth it? Yes.
Old Nov 20, 2010, 1:33 am
Moderator Communications Coordinator, Signatures

Programs: TubWorld, Bar Alliance, Borratxo Legendarium
Originally Posted by travfar

it can happen then too.

You hit the final button and it may kick back and with a higher price and make you select purchase again. i had a NY itinerary jump in price 3 times before I just gave up and canceled
Old Nov 20, 2010, 1:34 am

I waited until after midnight because I am a good little rule-follower *cough* and booked 2 tickets ^
Old Nov 20, 2010, 1:35 am
Moderator Communications Coordinator, Signatures

Programs: TubWorld, Bar Alliance, Borratxo Legendarium
Originally Posted by Jaimito Cartero
And for those complaining that their prices went up, just figure that there are hundreds of people still trying to book stuff right now. Try again, look for more availability, or just go to sleep. Some people can't handle the stress of these situations.
Good morning Jaimito
Old Nov 20, 2010, 1:36 am

Programs: AA,CX, BA, Priority Club, SPG, Hilton
All I can say: Thanks OP!
Old Nov 20, 2010, 1:42 am

Any thought as to whether booking multiple trips will more likely lead to all trips being voided? I'm very tempted to take a week off work and seek EXP with AA.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.