Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[FARE GONE] Expedia.ca $300 coupon on packages (new terms)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[FARE GONE] Expedia.ca $300 coupon on packages (new terms)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 19, 2010, 11:38 pm
alc

Originally Posted by rankourabu
There are a few flights leaving LAS between 12am and 2am
travfar's post state SFO-NYC.. so I was just trying to save travfar some time looking for the flights that can stay at the airport for only "couple of hours" at NYC. Sorry in the wording in my post look to meant something different.
Old Nov 19, 2010, 11:40 pm

Programs: AA EXP; HH Diamond; Marriott Gold
hey y'all,

i've scanned about half of this thread (first ten pages, last ten pages) and i can't figure this out.

i've tried to book chs-las & chs-nyc (flight + hotel packages) for dates within the window. when i attempt to put in SAVE300 at the "i have a coupon" link, it keeps telling me that my coupon code is not valid.

i know the terms state that it shouldn't be valid for another few hours anyway, but why does it seem to have worked for so many others already? what am i doing wrong?

thanks in advance.....
Old Nov 19, 2010, 11:42 pm

Thanks OP. In for one, and one only. Might even end up canceling it. Life's too busy.....
Old Nov 19, 2010, 11:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM SK EBG LATAM BL
Originally Posted by jan_az
I searched and could not find the eleqeunt post on

The 5 Stages of a deal

I think majic111 wrote it
yes yes yes!!! from the good ol days of plenty of mistake fares:
Emotional phases of a mistake fare

1. Discovery - mistake fare is posted on FT. Novices frantically checks how much vacation time they have and if the dates of availability mesh with their schedules. Experienced FTers just book it and worry about contacting spouses or their boss later. Word spreads like wildfire.

2. Excitement - Tickets purchased, confirmation emails received and dates of travel shared with other FTers. Discussions of what to see and do and where to stay crop up in other threads. Novices contact source to change seats or inquire about upgrades, Seasoned FTers sit back and enjoy reading the discussion threads.

3. Stress Stage 1 - Concern over paper ticket delivery - Novices Frantically check otheFedEx website every few hours, constant monitoring of driveway for FedEx truck. Seasoned FT veterans sit back and relax.

4. Glee and happiness - Paper tickets in hand, vacation request submitted, spouses finally informed, hotel reservations made and bragging to friends and co-workers begins. Both novices and experts get very excited.

5. Stress Stage 2 - Rumors of fare not being honored, discussion threads about the airline and ticketing agency ensue. Rumors crop up like crabgrass at this stage. Many FTers begin to worry excessively about whether or not the trip will happen. Novices make non-refundable and financial committments to their trip. Seasoned FTers make mixed drinks (and maybe a sandwich) and is patient.

6. Reality Check - Accurate information is obtained - usually takes place a week to 10 days after mistake fare is published. Confirmed information from the source as to whether or not tickets will be honored.

7a. Pure Joy (Icelandair style- Fare is Honored) - Lots of happy people, FT threads on shared information regarding hotels, restaurants, tours, etc. Jealousy from others sets in. First "FT guinea pigs" embark, post confirmation threads that all is ok.

7b Hostile Feelings (Copa Airlines Style - fare is not honored) - Many angry and disappointed FTers. Refunds are issued. Novices have multiple discussion threads of lawsuits and hostile correspondence, FT pros mutter "c'est la vie" and look for the next fare mistake.

8a Success (Honored) - Trip Report thread becomes very active.
Old Nov 19, 2010, 11:44 pm

I just booked 4 from Dec 13-15 on Continental.. Logged into Onepass rewards site and my flight is already showing up in their system... It'll be interesting to see the fallout from this and how they handle it all.

Originally Posted by alc
the best I found a flight landed around midnight and next flight leave at 7am for my routing. So that is still 6-7 hours and not "couple of hours" as travfar stated. I didn't look at travfar routing from SFO and maybe it is possible for a "couple of hours".
Man. Flights are disappearing rapidly. There was a SAN-NYC 10pm-6:39am, return the next at a 9:??am. It was $316. I hit book it. It says it's $377. I go back to the search results and it's gone.

Originally Posted by Happy
It is an option offered at your card(s) online account.
Got it, checking it out now, trying to see if there's any deal for less than $300C but I seriously doubt it.

Programs: Aeroplan
For the coupon being invalid in NYC you need to choose hotels that are in Manhattan - mostly the ones that show up under Chelsea & Times Square on Expedia..
Old Nov 19, 2010, 11:45 pm

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, HH Gold, SPG Gold, National EC Executive, AA Platinum
Originally Posted by OverpaidSlacker
hey y'all,

i've scanned about half of this thread (first ten pages, last ten pages) and i can't figure this out.

i've tried to book chs-las & chs-nyc (flight + hotel packages) for dates within the window. when i attempt to put in SAVE300 at the "i have a coupon" link, it keeps telling me that my coupon code is not valid.

i know the terms state that it shouldn't be valid for another few hours anyway, but why does it seem to have worked for so many others already? what am i doing wrong?

thanks in advance.....
Are you sure you are on expedia Canada? When I'm on it, it says "voucher" and not "coupon". You will see enter voucher here on the page where your enter your credit card info, if I recall correctly. Once you enter your "voucher", it will recalculate the rate. Hope this helps!
Old Nov 19, 2010, 11:45 pm

do I have to book hotel to qualify for this offer? I'm from Vancouver
Old Nov 19, 2010, 11:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM SK EBG LATAM BL
I wonder if this will go down in history as the busiest domestic air tickets booking day ever, there's gotta be tens of thousands of tickets issued in the last 12 hours
Old Nov 19, 2010, 11:48 pm

Programs: UA1k, AA EXP, PC Plat, Club Carlson Concierge, Hyatt Plat, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by OverpaidSlacker
hey y'all,

thanks in advance.....
Are you using Expedia.ca or expedia.com?
Old Nov 19, 2010, 11:48 pm

Programs: AA ExP
Originally Posted by ecgz88
do I have to book hotel to qualify for this offer? I'm from Vancouver
Only the ones from Vancouver don't need to book a hotel.
Old Nov 19, 2010, 11:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by rankourabu
There are a few flights leaving LAS between 12am and 2am
Took advantage of this on the return leg of one of my $0.00 trips...
PIT-DTW-LAS departing PIT 7:00PM arrive LAS 11:00PM
75 minutes in LAS for LAS-CVG-PIT departing 12:15A arriving PIT 8:15AM
Nearly 10,000 DL EQMs with the PIT DQM promotion, eligible for PM upgrades.
Old Nov 19, 2010, 11:50 pm

Programs: UA 2P. Former DL FO in the Golden Age of Mileage Runs
Originally Posted by alc
travfar's post state SFO-NYC.. so I was just trying to save travfar some time looking for the flights that can stay at the airport for only "couple of hours" at NYC. Sorry in the wording in my post look to meant something different.
You can go LAX-NYC and arrive at 5 am, but I can't find an immediate turn-around. Still, it books out, even though you can't possibly get to your hotel in time!

I might book a trip to NYC from BOS tomorrow. I have no reason to want to go to Vegas and just booked a trip to DEN (via SLC) to get me back in to FO next year. I do want to go see friends in DEN. But might cancel that for a day in LAS. We'll see.

One thought—what if FTers filled planes so far that they were all overbooked, and a bunch of us got $300 vouchers for free fares. Anyone want to do that to some BOS-JFK flights on DL? Free money is free money.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.