Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[FARE GONE] Expedia.ca $300 coupon on packages (new terms)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[FARE GONE] Expedia.ca $300 coupon on packages (new terms)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 20, 2010, 12:55 am

Programs: AA, HH, Hyatt Gold, Marriott Platinum, UA, DL, US
Originally Posted by nihaoa
Booked the NYC's lowest price hotel with flight. And I tend to use either SPG or Hyatt points to "upgrade" my room. So the question is--can I just ignore the Expedia's hotel booking? Will hotel charge no-show fee?
I imagine if you call them before 3pm on day of booking and cancel there will be no charge fee. Either way, the hotel doesn't have your CC# anyway. But it would be courteous to call and cancel early in the day. Karma can be a .....!
Old Nov 20, 2010, 12:56 am

Originally Posted by jmp29
Is there any issue with being a no-show at the flight? I booked mainly for the hotel because I'm going to be in NYC anyway. I assume I could just "miss" the flight without incurring any cancellation fee. Is this correct?
Correct. In fact you'll have a credit at the airline you can use within a year. You will be charged the change fee so if the fare is less than that, it's a wash. I did this last year a few times since I only wanted the hotel because I had my Jet Blue pass.
Old Nov 20, 2010, 12:57 am

Originally Posted by nihaoa
Booked the NYC's lowest price hotel with flight. And I tend to use either SPG or Hyatt points to "upgrade" my room. So the question is--can I just ignore the Expedia's hotel booking? Will hotel charge no-show fee?
To be polite and on the safe side, call the hotel ahead of time and tell them you won't be showing up. Then you'll be golden. :-:
Old Nov 20, 2010, 12:58 am

Originally Posted by jbart74
I imagine if you call them before 3pm on day of booking and cancel there will be no charge fee. Either way, the hotel doesn't have your CC# anyway. But it would be courteous to call and cancel early in the day. Karma can be a .....!
There should be no fee either way. It's a prepay. It's paid for. They don't really care if you show up or not. The only thing is they won't give you a refund if you don't show up. Does that matter in this case?
Old Nov 20, 2010, 12:58 am

Kudos to you all!

I'd just like to say that this thread exemplifies the point of this website. We are still booking these great (and mostly free) deals and I would especially like to thank the OP for getting this going. Karma shall be kind to you! (unless we all lose hundreds of dollars on trips we weren't going to take and can't really afford to... hahaha...) This IS FUN!
Old Nov 20, 2010, 12:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mreed911
No days lost, just miles gained. I booked two of these trips @ 6220 RDM each (a total of 12440 RDM) for just over $30 a/i (the fare on the second trip went up slightly). That's a quarter of a cent per mile for those who are counting (yeah, higher than the zero many of you are getting, but in trade for no lost work and 6220 base miles towards my next four AA stickers, definitely worth it!). And on the RDM side, that's a domestic MileSAAver award (not that I'd USE it for that).
I dont see how a trip from Texas to LAS could be 6220 RDM even with 25% bonus with AA GLD.

Is there an AA promotion going on?
Old Nov 20, 2010, 1:00 am

Programs: AA EXP, UA Premier Plat, Alaska MVP Gold, HHonors Diamond, SPG Platinum, Hyatt Platinum
I'd just like to say that this thread exemplifies the point of this website. We are still booking these great (and mostly free) deals and I would especially like to thank the OP for getting this going. Karma shall be kind to you! (unless we all lose hundreds of dollars on trips we weren't going to take and can't really afford to... hahaha...) This IS FUN!
Now we just need a "FT Sightings!" thread, especially for those of us with the pink "Randy Class" luggage tags!
Old Nov 20, 2010, 1:01 am

12.01am, here. The heavens didn't open up, nor did my roof cave in. An auspicious sign, I hope.
Old Nov 20, 2010, 1:03 am

Programs: US CP, DL GM, AA Plat
Hopefully this doesn't happen if we have to do chargebacks
http://consumerist.com/2010/08/help-...on-agency.html
Old Nov 20, 2010, 1:03 am

Now we just need a "FT Sightings!" thread, especially for those of us with the pink "Randy Class" luggage tags!
I thin LAS will be a busy FT meeting point for us in DEC. I'm booked to arrive at 10:19pm on the 1st of Dec. Anyone else on that schedule yet?

Leaving on the 4th at 11pm.... let me know! I got the first round!

JB
Old Nov 20, 2010, 1:04 am

Programs: UA Silver, MR titanium
I just wished I could have earned double/triple AA out of RDU

but no complaints, I am in for 5, and my friends think i am cooler then the invention of the slice of bread
Old Nov 20, 2010, 1:05 am

Originally Posted by PanHam
12.01am, here. The heavens didn't open up, nor did my roof cave in. An auspicious sign, I hope.
Yeah!!!! The coupon is finally officially active. Let the rush begin!!!!
Old Nov 20, 2010, 1:05 am

Programs: AA EXP, UA Premier Plat, Alaska MVP Gold, HHonors Diamond, SPG Platinum, Hyatt Platinum
Originally Posted by Happy
I dont see how a trip from Texas to LAS could be 6220 RDM even with 25% bonus with AA GLD.
The trip BEFORE I make the LAS trip I hit PLT (going from AUS-LAX for a weekend formal party on 12/11), so I'll be getting 100% bonus. And, since AUS-DFW is < 500 miles, I get 500 + 500, so 1000 RDM for AUS-DFW each way. That works out to:

ACTUAL (MIN) RDM
AUS DFW 500 1000
DFW LAS 1055 2110
LAS DFW 1055 2110
DFW AUS 500 1000
TOTAL 6220
Old Nov 20, 2010, 1:06 am

I thin LAS will be a busy FT meeting point for us in DEC. I'm booked to arrive at 10:19pm on the 1st of Dec. Anyone else on that schedule yet?

Leaving on the 4th at 11pm.... let me know! I got the first round!

JB
Please add your flights to FlightConnect: http://www.flyertalk.com/flightconnect/
Old Nov 20, 2010, 1:08 am

Please add your flights to FlightConnect: http://www.flyertalk.com/flightconnect/
on it. thanks!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.