Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[FARE GONE] Expedia.ca $300 coupon on packages (new terms)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[FARE GONE] Expedia.ca $300 coupon on packages (new terms)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 20, 2010, 12:40 am
Moderator Communications Coordinator, Signatures

Programs: TubWorld, Bar Alliance, Borratxo Legendarium
Originally Posted by travfar
Sure it did. One of my previous booking was for $308. It only got that high because I thought it had to be at least $300. It doesn't. So it cost me $8!!!!!!
are you seriously begrudging expedia $8?
Old Nov 20, 2010, 12:40 am

Originally Posted by mitsou_jpn
Thank, the OP, for the info. Just booked a trip to LAS from YVR for the next weekend. It's around CDN$150 for two of us for a 2-night stay. This is a good deal if Expedia don't cancel our reservation.
Why didn't you just book twice, 1 person per booking. Then it could have cost you CDN$0.
Old Nov 20, 2010, 12:41 am

Originally Posted by missydarlin
are you seriously begrudging expedia $8?
Are you seriously saying it didn't cost me anything?
Old Nov 20, 2010, 12:41 am

Programs: US CP, DL GM, AA Plat
Sure it did. One of my previous booking was for $308. It only got that high because I thought it had to be at least $300. It doesn't. So it cost me $8!!!!!!
I don't think anyone actually said it had to be $300 or higher. People just assumed it had to be.
Old Nov 20, 2010, 12:43 am

Booked one more before bed to get myself a nicer hotel (den-las instead of phl-las). Let's see if I wake up to a cancellation email... Gnite all.
Old Nov 20, 2010, 12:44 am
Moderator Communications Coordinator, Signatures

Programs: TubWorld, Bar Alliance, Borratxo Legendarium
Are you seriously saying it didn't cost me anything?
yes
Old Nov 20, 2010, 12:45 am

Worst case scenario is expedia cancels our bookings, right? Because I really don't think they'd make us pay the 300 or whatever amount the package was.
Old Nov 20, 2010, 12:47 am

Programs: XP AA, ◊ HGP, PL SPG, 1K UA
Just booked a RT to LAS from SFO. Overnight stay (Sat night in Trump International Hotel, supposedly 5* property). For $0.43. Outbound in SFO, already cleared my upgrade in F and have the boarding pass already for tomorrow. Will report any issues.
Old Nov 20, 2010, 12:47 am

Programs: Aeroplan, BMI, Hyatt, SPG, PC
I am uncomfortable with booking a $0 flight+hotel, given there is arguably no legal consideration from your part (given that you get it all back), and no consideration contracts may not be honoured.

Not that anyone will go to court over this (well maybe the guy who booked over 16 of them), but I wouldn't want to argue in court (or even to Expedia for that matter) that I am owed something for paying nothing.

As an aside, I have definitely noticed that the prices of tickets have definitely jumped significantly from my region over the course of the day.
Old Nov 20, 2010, 12:48 am

Programs: AA, HH, Hyatt Gold, Marriott Platinum, UA, DL, US
Have now booked my partner, same flights/dates. Guess we have two hotel rooms in Vegas now. Total cost $32 for flights/hotel and three nights in Vegas. (using some old timeshare promo for three nights stay at the Jockey Club. I'm used to the 90 min lecture as a TS owner so I'll take their presidential suite and love it for three nights) I will be a no-show at the booked hotel. I imagine i'll call them when I land and let them know as a courtesy. Thanks all! This was fun!

JB

(and I can't wait to read more adventures about this tonight and in the next few weeks!)
Old Nov 20, 2010, 12:50 am

Originally Posted by missydarlin
yes
Then send me $8. It's nothing afterall.
Old Nov 20, 2010, 12:51 am

Programs: AA EXP, UA Premier Plat, Alaska MVP Gold, HHonors Diamond, SPG Platinum, Hyatt Platinum
Originally Posted by rankourabu
that is true, but you can book an evening flight, and leave last shortly after midnight on the "next day"
Or, my strategy, since I "work from home":

1) Get up early for 0600 flight to LAS (via short connection at DFW), get in at 0840 local time.
2) Head to Regus by the airport, where they have a business lounge with WiFi, soft drinks, and snacks. Work all day from laptop and cell phone, have secretary at Regus to help with Powerpoint, copies, etc. (more than I have at home!).
3) Go have dinner, check into hotel, play some poker... enjoy!
4) Fly out at 0050. Sleep on redeye.
5) Connect through DFW at 0515, head to the Admiral's Club at 0530. Have breakfast, catch up on email, etc. Start an "early morning" of productivity. Or take a nap.
6) Catch the connection home at 0710, get in at 0810, be "at work" again from home by 0900.

No days lost, just miles gained. I booked two of these trips @ 6220 RDM each (a total of 12440 RDM) for just over $30 a/i (the fare on the second trip went up slightly). That's a quarter of a cent per mile for those who are counting (yeah, higher than the zero many of you are getting, but in trade for no lost work and 6220 base miles towards my next four AA stickers, definitely worth it!). And on the RDM side, that's a domestic MileSAAver award (not that I'd USE it for that).
Old Nov 20, 2010, 12:52 am

Programs: UA
Booked the NYC's lowest price hotel with flight. And I tend to use either SPG or Hyatt points to "upgrade" my room. So the question is--can I just ignore the Expedia's hotel booking? Will hotel charge no-show fee?
Old Nov 20, 2010, 12:55 am

Is there any issue with being a no-show at the flight? I booked mainly for the hotel because I'm going to be in NYC anyway. I assume I could just "miss" the flight without incurring any cancellation fee. Is this correct?
Old Nov 20, 2010, 12:55 am

Get back to RDU from MR to MAD at 7:30 a.m. + Leave RDU at 11:00 a.m. for LAS + Leave LAS at midnight + Triple Miles Promo + C$40 =

Thanks OP! ^^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.