Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[FARE GONE] Expedia.ca $300 coupon on packages (new terms)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[FARE GONE] Expedia.ca $300 coupon on packages (new terms)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 20, 2010, 6:35 am

Programs: UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Plat, National EE, Hertz PC
in for trips to vegas and NYC, what a find!
Old Nov 20, 2010, 6:38 am
Moderator: Avis and Rental Cars

Originally Posted by cotter77
anyone know what happens if you never check into hotel?
In all of my bookings, the T&C page shows "you may cancel your hotel without affecting your other travel item(s)." So I'll call expedia to cancel the hotel on almost all of mine right before the trip.
Old Nov 20, 2010, 6:38 am

Programs: Free Agent
Deal is dead for customers with US addresses? When you click on "non US address", the voucher is voided and the price jumps up $300.

I should have jumped on this sooner. What to do now?

[EDIT: Solved! Change to non-Canadian address BEFORE applying SAVE300, if you are having this issue!]

Last edited by SeattleFlyerGuy; Nov 20, 2010 at 7:04 am Reason: Made it work. Yah!
Old Nov 20, 2010, 6:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM SK EBG LATAM BL
still alive and well for Canadian credit cards, but I would imagine not for long.

I cant believe this has been around for over 20 hours.
Old Nov 20, 2010, 6:42 am

Programs: Most
Can anyone tell me if you don't use the flights will that cancel the hotel portion? This is all I found

# You may not cancel any item without voiding the entire package.
# You must call 1-888-EXPEDIA (1-888-397-3342) or from outside North America at +1-613-780-1386 to change or cancel your package.
# Your credit card will be charged for the indicated amount at the time of booking.
# A "cancellation" is defined as any change made to the name of a traveller when booked (e.g. a change from "J. Smith" to "John Smith"), the substitution of one traveller in place of another, a reduction to the number in the party, and/or the termination of the entire trip. All other changes to a reservation constitute a revision.

Thanks in advance
Old Nov 20, 2010, 6:42 am

Programs: Formally TPAbound/Delta Diamond 1MM/Hilton Diamond/Marriott Silver/Priority Club Gold
SeattleFlyerGuy,

You're doing something wrong. Deal is not dead. I have US cc and US address. Just booked 5 minutes ago
Old Nov 20, 2010, 6:43 am

Originally Posted by RenHoek
best I could find was BOS > LGA or JFK via JetBlue is about $50/each way midweek dates in December, leaving you $200 towards hotel. However, most Manhattan hotels are > $200/night so hard to get $0 oop.
Yeah, I'm not having any luck, would like to do this trip for completely free lol But hmmm... I'll keep searching, let me know if you find a decent non-hostel Manhattan place lol
Old Nov 20, 2010, 6:45 am

Programs: Free Agent
Originally Posted by babe11
SeattleFlyerGuy,

You're doing something wrong. Deal is not dead. I have US cc and US address. Just booked 5 minutes ago
Interesting. Browser specific, perhaps? I'll give it another go. Thanks for the tip.

Programs: UA-1k, 1mm, Marriott-LT Platinum, Hertz-Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by SeattleFlyerGuy
Deal is dead for customers with US addresses? When you click on "non US address", the voucher is voided and the price jumps up $300.

I should have jumped on this sooner. What to do now?
Not for me. Just did LAS trip for friends with a US address.

BTW the WYNN hotel has a $100 resort credit included! ^ Keeps getting better.

Programs: AmexPlat,SPG,CitiAA,One pass,
no vacation days left for year want to get a spa card like poster above how would one actually get that card if placed on a flight into nyc which i will miss..
I live in nyc
Old Nov 20, 2010, 6:47 am

Programs: A few
Originally Posted by Vacation time
no vacation days left for year want to get a spa card like poster above how would one actually get that card if placed on a flight into nyc which i will miss..
I live in nyc
usually they are just coupons you print off expedia and take to wherever to be redeemed
Old Nov 20, 2010, 6:48 am

Programs: AmexPlat,SPG,CitiAA,One pass,
nice a coupon for nothing I have to jump on this.. 200 dollar spa here I come
Old Nov 20, 2010, 6:50 am

Programs: UA-1k, 1mm, Marriott-LT Platinum, Hertz-Presidents Circle
For those booking into LAS remember that many have resort fees payable right to the hotel. Thus it appears this will be an extra charge per night you will have to pay for.

How are you guys seeing the spa certs? I have been looking to add extras but don't see them anywhere. Where?
Old Nov 20, 2010, 6:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K
Originally Posted by schley
BTW the WYNN hotel has a $100 resort credit included! ^ Keeps getting better.
I guess i should have looked more in depth on the hotels. I only looked for cheapest and didn't think of the extras. I don't have enough money to do any more bookings
Old Nov 20, 2010, 6:56 am

Programs: Formally TPAbound/Delta Diamond 1MM/Hilton Diamond/Marriott Silver/Priority Club Gold
Double checked resort fee

Here's what I scored:

Hotel: Paris Las Vegas
Room: No Resort Fee Luxury-Voucher Booklet
Nonsmoking/Smoking: Non-Smoking
Room type:1 KING BED

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.