Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[FARE GONE] Expedia.ca $300 coupon on packages (new terms)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[FARE GONE] Expedia.ca $300 coupon on packages (new terms)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 21, 2010, 10:34 pm

Programs: UA AA and more
Originally Posted by helpless
Same here! Looking forward to my 24 hr trip to Vegas.
Same here, well, partly, on two of the bookings we intend to be on the flights and the hotel (two nights in Vegas, no special plans, just enjoy the 5* hotel), other two are just for the add-ons
Old Nov 21, 2010, 10:34 pm

Do these confirmations mean anything? I mean, they seem automated and don't necessarily suggest that our reservations won't all be canceled down the line...
Old Nov 21, 2010, 10:36 pm

Programs: AA EXP, SPG Plat, HH Gold
I am curious, can I skip the hotel I booked with the package? Just not show up at all?
Old Nov 21, 2010, 10:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA/AA/AS/B6/WN/ UA/HH/MR and more like 'em but most felicitously & importantly MUCCI
Originally Posted by londonienne
Do these confirmations mean anything?
When a company sends you a communication that says, "This email confirms your purchase," I think that speaks for itself from a legal standpoint. Very difficult to come along later and say, only kidding.
Old Nov 21, 2010, 10:45 pm

Programs: UA AA and more
Originally Posted by SWCPHX
I have a feeling that Expedia's programmers well definitely be more careful the next time they set up a coupon code. Really, would it have been so hard for them to insert a few lines of code that required a Canadian departure city or that a non US mailing/billing address be used?
^ +1

Exactly the reason why they will have to honor the coupon with the original T&C
Old Nov 21, 2010, 11:04 pm

Programs: AA, HH, Hyatt Gold, Marriott Platinum, UA, DL, US
Originally Posted by ShortTrip
I am curious, can I skip the hotel I booked with the package? Just not show up at all?
Take a few minutes and read the last ten to twenty pages. You'll find your answer there. If I could answer in one sentence I would.
Old Nov 21, 2010, 11:12 pm

Programs: AF Plat a vie, EK Gold, SQ PPS
Originally Posted by lobo411
Well I dunno about y'all, but I'm looking forward to the crying/moaning/ranting tomorrow when everyone gets canceled! ^^^^^
xp.ca would have to eat the loss on mine if they cxl'd because my tix is a 100% non-changeable and non cancellable tix on LH even for a fee.
Old Nov 21, 2010, 11:23 pm

Originally Posted by lobo411
Well I dunno about y'all, but I'm looking forward to the crying/moaning/ranting tomorrow when everyone gets canceled! ^^^^^
Sounds like lobo didn't get in on the deal before it was pulled. <tears>

Slow and steady doesn't ALWAYS win the race.

And nasty, hateful comments are so annoying. I'll be sure to send you a PM from Vegas, lobo.

Cheers!

JB
Old Nov 21, 2010, 11:27 pm
Moderator: Coupon Connection & S.P.A.M

Programs: Destination Unknown, TSA Disparager Diamond (LTDD)
Originally Posted by jbart74
Sounds like lobo didn't get in on the deal before it was pulled. <tears>

Slow and steady doesn't ALWAYS win the race.

And nasty, hateful comments are so annoying. I'll be sure to send you a PM from Vegas, lobo.

Cheers!

JB
Postcards are nice.

Old Nov 21, 2010, 11:28 pm

Programs: QF Gold
Can I change my hotel???

Hi all,

I booked a 2 night package from Vancouver - Las Vegas staying at the Rio for $471 ($171 after discount).

I was in a rush to book it and didn't really look at the Hotel options. I now see that for only $30 more I can stay at theHotel at Mandalay Bay (I've stayed here before and loved it).

If I ring up Expedia do you think there is any chance they can change the hotel and maintain the $300 coupon on the reservation ? If so that would be excellent as I didn't realize the Rio was so far off the strip.

I'd love to change, just not sure if this will remove the $300.
Old Nov 21, 2010, 11:33 pm

Originally Posted by davem4
Hi all,

I booked a 2 night package from Vancouver - Las Vegas staying at the Rio for $471 ($171 after discount).

I was in a rush to book it and didn't really look at the Hotel options. I now see that for only $30 more I can stay at theHotel at Mandalay Bay (I've stayed here before and loved it).

If I ring up Expedia do you think there is any chance they can change the hotel and maintain the $300 coupon on the reservation ? If so that would be excellent as I didn't realize the Rio was so far off the strip.

Don't mess up a good thing.
Old Nov 21, 2010, 11:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA/AA/AS/B6/WN/ UA/HH/MR and more like 'em but most felicitously & importantly MUCCI
Hi all,

Don't overplay your hand. Be happy with what you got, which is great in its own right.
Old Nov 21, 2010, 11:37 pm

Hi all,

If you booked fully within the terms and conditions at the time of booking, I see no reason why you couldn't call and make an adjustment. However, expect your hold time to be 2-4 hours as this promotion has totally destroyed their ability to handle customer relations. You might just try booking the MBay all by itself through Expedia.com or .ca. Forget about the money you have already paid. You got free stuff. Maybe you pay for the Bay.
Old Nov 21, 2010, 11:38 pm

Originally Posted by Spiff
Postcards are nice.

How do I say AWESOME in a non-offensive way?!
Old Nov 21, 2010, 11:40 pm
Moderator: Coupon Connection & S.P.A.M

Programs: Destination Unknown, TSA Disparager Diamond (LTDD)
Originally Posted by jbart74
How do I say AWESOME in a non-offensive way?!
Awesome! is good.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.