Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[FARE GONE] Expedia.ca $300 coupon on packages (new terms)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[FARE GONE] Expedia.ca $300 coupon on packages (new terms)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 21, 2010, 9:38 pm

Somebody on SD just got back from his flight using this deal. All is well.
Old Nov 21, 2010, 9:39 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by BearX220
I don't have a great answer here, especially as Expedia.ca must have seen by mid-morning PT on Friday that something wild was up, but did nothing.
Maybe some people see mistake deals as a way to get revenge for past screwings by various suppliers.
As you allude to, mistakes go both ways, and I'd surmise the VAST majority of them work in favor of the airlines/hotels/travel companies. How many people accidentally book the wrong date for a trip, call the airline to change it, and hear "That'll be $150+. Sorry, them's the rules!" So this is simply a rare case of a (possible) error by a travel company favoring consumers.

Two wrongs don't make a right, etc., but I'd argue that neither case (traveler grabbing a mistake fare, airline grabbing a change fee under duress) is "wrong." Well-defined rules are set for both suppliers and consumers in this case, and both sides in principle know them. If you don't like the rules, don't buy a plane ticket or start a travel company.
Old Nov 21, 2010, 9:39 pm

Programs: AAdvantage, OnePass
Originally Posted by benjiem1
I would have been if I hadn't hesitated to book the throwaway BOS-JFK flights. Now I'm stuck looking for a lesser hotel out of my own pocket. Anybody got any suggestions for a cheap, reasonably priced hotel?

Just got both of my confirmation emails. Beautiful.

I'm in a similar situation, having booked a 'hostel' for my trip....I've been looking at Astor at the Park that is mentioned in the hotel deals section of FT. It seems they have some cheap rooms if you're looking for a 'cheap, reasonably priced hotel'. I'm just waiting for these bookings to become 'official' in order to book my one night stay there.
Old Nov 21, 2010, 9:42 pm

Programs: AA, HH, Hyatt Gold, Marriott Platinum, UA, DL, US
Just got my ex.ca confirmation email for trip booked at 11:30pm 11/19. All looks good. Also got the credit to my Chase Card but no charge yet... lol. I'm sure it will catch up eventually. BoA debit card charge is pending for my partner's trip (same as mine, different booking at about 12:30am 11/20) but no refund shown yet. Again, I'm sure it will all work out very soon.

Was nice to get the final confirm from ex.ca though!

JB (is going to enjoy this free vacation week)
Old Nov 21, 2010, 9:44 pm

Programs: XP AA, ◊ HGP, PL SPG, 1K UA
Just got back from SFO-LAS, overnight at Trump International, then LAS-LAX-SFO. All went without any hitch. First time in LAS, despite serious insomnia slept well at Trump. Getting there, view from First class UA 757 cabin-window was priceless. But wait...it did have a price. $0.43 all in.
Old Nov 21, 2010, 9:46 pm

Programs: AAdvantage, OnePass
Originally Posted by Cheerfulflyer
Just got back from SFO-LAS, overnight at Trump International, then LAS-LAX-SFO. All went without any hitch. First time in LAS, despite serious insomnia slept well at Trump. Getting there, view from First class UA 757 cabin-window was priceless. But wait...it did have a price. $0.43 all in.
Congrats! I love that hotel! Learned that you don't turn on bathtub jets without having the water level above the jets...or else you get sprayed right in the face!

Last edited by jquero; Nov 21, 2010 at 9:48 pm Reason: Misspelling
Old Nov 21, 2010, 9:47 pm

Originally Posted by bwiadca
You have a life? Posts: 28,740. From the number of your posts it seems that you have no life.
ZING!
Old Nov 21, 2010, 9:47 pm

got my flights confirmed too. booked friday night. thanks FT

anyone in NYC december 4-6 ?
Old Nov 21, 2010, 9:49 pm

Originally Posted by jbart74
Metro North to Bus from Penn Station to EWR. Bout 25 bucks.
Awesome - thank you!
Old Nov 21, 2010, 9:51 pm

Good deal! Thanks op! Credits are showing on my CC's.
Old Nov 21, 2010, 9:55 pm

Programs: DL GM, SPG
Originally Posted by spotydoty
Got confirmation emails for I believe all of our bookings

When do you all think this really becomes official? Now?
Pretty much now. Got the confirmation emails today for two bookings I made on Friday though they showed on the airline websites as confirmed before then.

For one of the trips, the credit bringing the charge down to the discounted rate ($57 after the rebate) posted to my AMEX today. Am waiting on the second one...probably will post tomorrow.

I'm kinda jealous of the ones who got on Strip properties...all I could find was close but off strip.

Because it was a credit the foreign exchange fee was refunded, so the actual cost came out to slightly less than quoted.
Old Nov 21, 2010, 9:56 pm

Programs: AA, HH, Hyatt Gold, Marriott Platinum, UA, DL, US
Originally Posted by jetfuel44
Awesome - thank you!
Glad to help. You may have to transfer from Grand Central to Penn Station. There is a subway shuttle that does that. (just want to be totally clear for your planning purposes. That shuttle runs every ten mins or so)
Old Nov 21, 2010, 9:56 pm

Hi, Guys, what is a confirmation email?

After the reservation, there was a Expedia travel confirmation,

and you have received one more email??
Old Nov 21, 2010, 9:57 pm

Programs: Former UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Hmm, I have confirmations for 2 out of 3 trips. Missing a confirm for my trip tomorrow afternoon to Las Vegas. It might be an interesting day.

Explore

PS Reused an email address. I wonder if that is the cause.
Old Nov 21, 2010, 9:59 pm

Programs: UA-1k, 1mm, Marriott-LT Platinum, Hertz-Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by kempis
Congratulations to everyone who got in on this deal. I didnt haven any plans on going to US this year and I didnt start to think outside the box before it was to late I just discovered that those SPA certificates is valid in the hotels in Thailand where I will spend christmas/new years..
You think that as I did. I have used spafinder GC over 100x's in the states. I tried EVERY single spa listed in Bangkok and none of the 10 listed knew anything about their affiliation. I emailed spafinder with no response. I would call them before leaving to confirm who is actually affiliated as internationally I think it is out of date or not known in some countries.

Originally Posted by SeattleFlyerGuy

Anyone receive emails from SpaFinder yet?
Not yet.

Originally Posted by wchang
Yea, I got one voucher for $100 SpaFinder Gift Certificate and one for $50. Anyone know:

1) How do we redeem it?
2) Are they stackable?
EASY to redeem. Go on spafinder.com and search for a spa, sort by those that accept GC, call spa to schedule appt., go enjoy and present as many GC's as you want, stackable certainly.

Originally Posted by johndeere19
My spafinder experience:

I tried to book online, then over the phone to spafinder and couldn't so I just called the spa and booked the massage...went in today, got the massage, handed over the voucher, tipped healthily, and went on my way. Looking back at the T&Cs, it looks like I needed to bring in an actual Gift Cert (not the voucher) by booking through spafinder, but I haven't heard anything negative.
But how did you get the cert? From this promo and we are interested in the process of you actually getting a cert from this SAVE300 voucher. If this is just a cert you had previous please note.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.