Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[FARE GONE] Expedia.ca $300 coupon on packages (new terms)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[FARE GONE] Expedia.ca $300 coupon on packages (new terms)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 28, 2010, 12:28 pm

Programs: Priority Club Plat Ambassador
spa cert on Itinerary?

Any guidance on where I can see the proof of purchase of spa cert on the itinerary?
Old Nov 28, 2010, 12:58 pm

Programs: UA, CO, AA
Originally Posted by pWei
Wonder how these guys who cancelled their flights for airline credit made out.
I regretfully cancelled my flight, but i cant figure out whats going on with my billing and charges.
so far I have a 99.14 expedia credit and a small credit for foreign transaction fee. All this after being told on the phone I would receive C$180 credit from the airline cancellation. No charges so far.

I dont understand any of it...and their Customer service is the worst I have seen since Sprint in early 2000s.
Old Nov 28, 2010, 1:03 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Mosaic
Originally Posted by cotter77
I regretfully cancelled my flight, but i cant figure out whats going on with my billing and charges.
so far I have a 99.14 expedia credit and a small credit for foreign transaction fee. All this after being told on the phone I would receive C$180 credit from the airline cancellation. No charges so far.

I dont understand any of it...and their Customer service is the worst I have seen since Sprint in early 2000s.
Thanks. You probably will get airline credit, which is like store credit.

What we are really interested in is if there's any (adverse) action from expedia.
Old Nov 28, 2010, 2:31 pm

Programs: WN A-list & CP, Delta GM
My package totals $276 and i got charged and refunded $212 for the airfare. Am I missing something?

Originally Posted by TechnoPagan
There should be no separate hotel charge from Expedia unless your package total far exceeded the $300 discount. Most people actual got a refund from Expedia to cover the cost of the airfare (charged separately by the airline).
Old Nov 28, 2010, 2:54 pm

Programs: UA1k;HH Gold;MR Gold
Originally Posted by leonard016
My package totals $276 and i got charged and refunded $212 for the airfare. Am I missing something?
Your hotel
Old Nov 28, 2010, 2:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WWF, Appalachian Mountain Club
Originally Posted by nigelloring
I STILL haven't been refunded the $300 credit.

Has anyone else still not been refunded the $300 coupon credit to their cerdit card?

Also, for those of you who have received this credit, was it confirmed in any emails to you, or did it just appear on your credit card statement?

I have screenshots, but the EMAIL I got, and also the expedia "View My Itineraries" page both say:

With no mention of the SAVE300 code.

So, does anyone have details of the SAVE300 code coming up in their inboxes or on the "View my Itineraries" on expedia.ca?
I have a debit card that has not received the credit yet. I called, they said all is well but it can take up to 10 working days to post. The credit shows as processed in my itinerary and the re-emailed me a receipt showing the credit is due. I'll give it a few more days in to the week then start stamping my feet a bit more.
Old Nov 28, 2010, 3:17 pm

Location: Bangkok, Thailand. No longer Palm Coast, FL though still exiled, again, from the Bay Area.
Programs: Only the good ones
Originally Posted by Neil791
Thank you for pointing out the obvious instead of putting an extra minute into your post by adding a less obnoxious explanation

Clearly my query was based on people continuing to post about their success with the promo code long after it supposedly expired.

As I've got better things to do with my life than spend countless hours on FT posting obnoxious replies to people's questions I suppose I must have missed the obvious fact that the offer was no longer in operation.

Time to spend some quality time outside...
Nothing obnoxious about jan_az's response. Had you actually read the first post, you would know that it was gone and only was valid for travel thru 12/30/10. And I haven't seen anyone posting, recently, since this went from active to Fare Gone, that they were still able to use the code. So, your question about the code not working on a 2011 trip you tried to book was, well, never mind, I'd rather watch da Bears.
Old Nov 28, 2010, 3:46 pm

What i really don't understand is why Expedia would not encourage people who are not planning to actually use the hotel/land content to cancel them. The money is gone as far as Expedia is concerned. If we cancel the flights we get a small airline credit and Expedia gets nothing but it loses nothing either. If we cancel the hotel, the credit goes back to Expedia and the amount of the free credit that they have given us decreases.

I've got 2 nights booked at Hooters at a cost of about $40 . I sure as hell won't be staying there when I've got very generous free offers at Bellagio and the MGM Grand. I'm quite happy to let Expedia claw back the $40 - I don't want to screw them more than is necessary/in my interest. But for them to be bandying about that any alteration/cancellation will invalidate the coupon just encourages me to no show. the hotel will charge Expedia the $40 bucks that they could have gotten back.
Old Nov 28, 2010, 4:05 pm

Originally Posted by 3544quebec
What i really don't understand is why Expedia would not encourage people who are not planning to actually use the hotel/land content to cancel them.
Because what we don't know is what compensation they picked up on the back-end. Maybe LAS tourism board gave them $100 per booking; Perhaps they needed to sell Xmillion tickets on airlines for contractual reasons, etc. If they cancel, nobody knows what that does to them (maybe they lose the funding from tourism boards, maybe they don't hit a contractual obligation).

All speculation but bottom line, we don't know how X.ca funded the coupon...
Old Nov 28, 2010, 4:06 pm

Programs: Aeroplan
What i really don't understand is why Expedia would not encourage people who are not planning to actually use the hotel/land content to cancel them.
I think its because Expedia needs to *sell* these rooms to fulfill their obligations to suppliers and get the same discounts next year. Whether you show up or not makes absolutely no difference to them because they have just provided hotels like Hooters and the infamous Rancho Fiesta with two solid months of sold out dates. If part of the contract says that Expedia must sell 1000 rooms over the year .. well they've just done it in spades. This was probably pretty cheap for them considering all the good press they're getting by honoring this deal and sending thousands of *very* happy travellers on their way.
Old Nov 28, 2010, 4:13 pm

Originally Posted by phranticaw
Because what we don't know is what compensation they picked up on the back-end. Maybe LAS tourism board gave them $100 per booking; Perhaps they needed to sell Xmillion tickets on airlines for contractual reasons, etc. If they cancel, nobody knows what that does to them (maybe they lose the funding from tourism boards, maybe they don't hit a contractual obligation).

All speculation but bottom line, we don't know how X.ca funded the coupon...
If selling many more free packages than they wanted to which we can surmise from the fact that they pulled the deal early after trying to limit the liability by tightening the terms and conditions is what was required for them to meet their sales quotas, then they are as bad at contract negotiation as they are at running restricted promotions.
Old Nov 28, 2010, 4:15 pm

Originally Posted by 3544quebec
If selling many more free packages than they wanted to which we can surmise from the fact that they pulled the deal early after trying to limit the liability by tightening the terms and conditions is what was required for them to meet their sales quotas, then they are as bad at contract negotiation as they are at running restricted promotions.
... we don't know that.
Maybe they sold exactly what they wanted to, but they just did it in 30 hours instead of 3 days? The fact that they kept updating terms suggests they knew exactly what was going on and where they were the entire time...

I'll give them the benefit of the doubt.

On my way to vegas... Txs X.ca...
Old Nov 28, 2010, 4:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K
Originally Posted by TechnoPagan
There should be no separate hotel charge from Expedia unless your package total far exceeded the $300 discount.
My package was $40.76 over the $300 (total $340.76) and I don't have a separate charge for the hotel and i'm not going to (resort fees are just incidentals such as rooms service and mini-bar and don't count). Its not worth the time and stress to try to figure out how it works. I only paid an amount that was equal to what it said i was going to pay.

A = Charge by the airline on card
B = Expedia.com credit on my card
C = Expedia.com total package cost Airfare and Hotel (including taxes + fees)
D = $300 promo credit

If total package was over $300

A-B = C-D

If Total package was under $300

A=B
Old Nov 28, 2010, 4:38 pm

Programs: UA1k;HH Gold;MR Gold
Originally Posted by blankeeta
Any guidance on where I can see the proof of purchase of spa cert on the itinerary?
If you go to your expedia ITN and click on vouchers - it should show there.
Old Nov 28, 2010, 5:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Seems this deal is still being honored? From the original post I got the impression that this was a very limited time offer yet it seems people are still using it for travel this year?? I tried applying the code to a booking for early 2011 and it wouldn't go...don't suppose these codes are retroactive should another one come along after my booking is made?? I wish!!
Thank you for pointing out the obvious instead of putting an extra minute into your post by adding a less obnoxious explanation

Clearly my query was based on people continuing to post about their success with the promo code long after it supposedly expired.

As I've got better things to do with my life than spend countless hours on FT posting obnoxious replies to people's questions I suppose I must have missed the obvious fact that the offer was no longer in operation.

Time to spend some quality time outside...
Clearly you have not read the promo details.

The promo was only good for travel up to 12/30/2010. You are looking at 2011 trip...

Even without the "Fare Gone" heading, you would know 2011 is not going to work...

I am amazed that after spending hours reading you still have 0 idea of the criteria of the deal and the fact the deal has long gone, and then blamed the first reply poster being obnoxious.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.