Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[FARE GONE] Expedia.ca $300 coupon on packages (new terms)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[FARE GONE] Expedia.ca $300 coupon on packages (new terms)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 1, 2010, 10:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by MNSWEEps
I wont be able to take the LAX - JFK - LAX flight tomorrow evening because of a family emergency.. I have to travel to Boise tonight.... What do you guys suggest ? I don't know when I will travel next ...if i do a no show what happens ?
Sorry to hear about the family emergency.
Unless you purchased trip insurance, you are SOL on the full "value".
Just cancel the ticket with your airline and you'll still have a credit (less the $150 change fee) to use in the next 12 months.
Old Dec 1, 2010, 11:14 am

I wont be able to take the LAX - JFK - LAX flight tomorrow evening because of a family emergency.. I have to travel to Boise tonight.... What do you guys suggest ? I don't know when I will travel next ...if i do a no show what happens ?
Travel waivers are in place due to bad weather: http://www.united.com/page/article/0,6867,52939,00.html

You might be able to change your flight for free...even for next year...

Wow, this deal can be really good if there is bad weather throughout December.
Old Dec 1, 2010, 12:01 pm

Originally Posted by intl_flyer153
Travel waivers are in place due to bad weather: http://www.united.com/page/article/0,6867,52939,00.html

You might be able to change your flight for free...even for next year...

Wow, this deal can be really good if there is bad weather throughout December.
That's really interesting. I have a bunch of tickets on JetBlue going BOS-JFK on Dec. 1 and 2. Will getting a travel waiver somehow get Expedia's panties in a bunch? Will JetBlue take over the ticket?
Old Dec 1, 2010, 12:17 pm

Programs: UA Premier Platinum, Skyteam Elite Plus (KE Morning Calm Premium)
Originally Posted by abcx
That's really interesting. I have a bunch of tickets on JetBlue going BOS-JFK on Dec. 1 and 2. Will getting a travel waiver somehow get Expedia's panties in a bunch? Will JetBlue take over the ticket?
Based on my conversation with USairways, it sounds like USairways take over the ticket for online-checked ticket.
Old Dec 1, 2010, 1:22 pm

Looks like I might have to cancel my YYZ-JFK trip tomorrow. Should I call expedia or AA? Will I get anything back?
Old Dec 1, 2010, 1:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Nothing other than both the airline ticket and hotel booking are forfeited.

Or you could call airline to inform it is a family emergency to see how the agent could help you, i.e. let you reschedule flights penalty waived or whatever, or agent directs you back to Expedia...
Old Dec 1, 2010, 4:12 pm

HELP!

I have to cancel my trip, Expedia says they will charge me if I cancel. Am I safe to no-show?
Old Dec 1, 2010, 4:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM SK EBG LATAM BL
Originally Posted by jetfuel44
HELP!

I have to cancel my trip, Expedia says they will charge me if I cancel. Am I safe to no-show?

Expedia says they will charge you what if you cancel?
$150 cancel/change fee
$300 coupon value
Old Dec 1, 2010, 4:19 pm

Programs: AA ExP
HELP!

Yes. Don't cancel.
Old Dec 1, 2010, 4:21 pm

Originally Posted by rankourabu
$150 cancel/change fee
$300 coupon value
They want to charge me the $300 discount back...
Old Dec 1, 2010, 4:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM SK EBG LATAM BL
They want to charge me the $300 discount back...
hmmm... thats not a good development. In that case, just no show.

I wonder if they would charge the $300 discount back if one just wanted to change the flights, or if one got the airline to change the flights
Old Dec 1, 2010, 4:29 pm

hmmm... thats not a good development. In that case, just no show.

I wonder if they would charge the $300 discount back if one just wanted to change the flights, or if one got the airline to change the flights
I asked - they said no changes or the fee is applied.

I am just going to no-show.

Anyone know any secrets to getting a priceline refund?
Old Dec 1, 2010, 4:34 pm

Programs: DL PM, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold, AmExPlat
$150 cancel/change fee
$300 coupon value
The terms of the promotion, after they were changed mid-day on November 20, state:

"Any portion of the package which is cancelled will make the coupon null and void and the full amount of the package will be charged to the credit card."

So, if you cancel a flight (rather than being a no-show), it is conceivable you will find an additional C$300 charged to your credit card = the amount of the null and void coupon.

Last edited by BarbiJKM; Dec 1, 2010 at 4:42 pm
Old Dec 1, 2010, 4:35 pm

Originally Posted by BarbiJKM
The terms of the promotion, after they were changed mid-day on November 20, state:

"Any portion of the package which is cancelled will make the coupon null and void and the full amount of the package will be charged to the credit card."

So, if you cancel a flight (rather than being a no-show), it is concievable you will find an additional C$300 charged to your credit card = the amount of the null and void coupon.
So does this mean I could always fight that their T&Cs changed after my booking?
Old Dec 1, 2010, 4:42 pm

Programs: DL PM, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold, AmExPlat
So does this mean I could always fight that their T&Cs changed after my booking?
I don't have the prior terms linked to know if that restriction was always there from the beginning... search back for earlier links in this thread. I only have a print-out of the terms as they appeared on November 20.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.