Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[FARE GONE] Expedia.ca $300 coupon on packages (new terms)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[FARE GONE] Expedia.ca $300 coupon on packages (new terms)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 1, 2010, 6:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by cooljoe613
does anyone have any throw away rooms that i can use on the 11th and or the 14th in las vegas i would really appreciate it thanks
Do you really think anyone who have booked throw away rooms in LAS would not booked the cheapest he can find?

What about your own bookings?
Old Dec 1, 2010, 7:19 pm

Originally Posted by SFO777
Sorry to hear about the family emergency.
Unless you purchased trip insurance, you are SOL on the full "value".
Just cancel the ticket with your airline and you'll still have a credit (less the $150 change fee) to use in the next 12 months.
I will call airline later tonight from Boise and see what they say...else like others mentioned in this thread I will just do a no show... I will avoid cancelling anything at this point..
Old Dec 1, 2010, 7:19 pm

Still can not find my hotel reservation in the hotel website using the confirmation code in Expedia...
Old Dec 1, 2010, 7:28 pm

so has anyone cancelled their flight?

I booked 2 continental flights from toronto.. knowing there was 0% chance i would go on them. The total was $0.35. I want to cancel with Continental and get the fare to use later (i know i have to pay $150 fee). What should I do? I know not to call expedia, but I am afraid if i cancel with continental expedia will find out. Some have said to check in then cancel? Whats the best option? Anyone tried anything? Any advice is MUCH appreciated.

Thanks
Old Dec 1, 2010, 7:40 pm

If someone in Vegas do not want to stay in their rooms between Dec. 24th-26th, I can stay for you.....
Old Dec 1, 2010, 7:45 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Plat 2MM, MR Gold, Avis Pref
Originally Posted by bgallthat
so has anyone cancelled their flight?

I booked 2 continental flights from toronto.. knowing there was 0% chance i would go on them. The total was $0.35. I want to cancel with Continental and get the fare to use later (i know i have to pay $150 fee). What should I do? I know not to call expedia, but I am afraid if i cancel with continental expedia will find out. Some have said to check in then cancel? Whats the best option? Anyone tried anything? Any advice is MUCH appreciated.

Thanks
did you read ANY of this thread? sheesh.. oh never mind *shaking my head*
Old Dec 1, 2010, 8:14 pm
Moderator: Avis and Rental Cars

For those of you talking about cancelling your hotel and concerned about the charges: Did you save the T&C that were presented from Expedia? On *all* of my reservations (displayed on the screen, but not in the email), it states, "You may cancel your hotel without affecting your other travel item(s)" for the second bullet under "Package Overview."
Old Dec 1, 2010, 8:28 pm

Programs: Delta Gold
Well I ran into problems tonight with weather in DTW. We were delayed almost two and a half hours which would mean my originating flight was going to arrive after my flight to LAS left. I didn't want to be stranded in DTW over night so I called the Plat line and was able to get the fare refunded because of the irrops. Should be interesting what happens whether or not I get to keep the difference for future flights or not. Maybe I should have asked for a travel voucher and not refund.
Old Dec 1, 2010, 8:53 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: HH Silver
Originally Posted by bgallthat
I booked 2 continental flights from toronto.. knowing there was 0% chance i would go on them.
People do that? I guess the old FT adage YMMV applies as I only buy what I plan to use myself.
Old Dec 1, 2010, 8:59 pm

Programs: UA Million Miler
Just came back from one of the two IAD-LAS trips I booked with an overnight. The inflight entertainment during the outbound flight wasn't operational and as a result, everyone got a $200 e-cert or 9K RDM.

Had good times in Vegas to boot. Already looking forward to next week's trip! Thanks OP!
Old Dec 1, 2010, 9:00 pm

Originally Posted by tcook052
People do that? I guess the old FT adage YMMV applies as I only buy what I plan to use myself.
I tried booking flights I wanted but was too late, so this was the best I can do. Any advice would be greatly appreciated
Old Dec 1, 2010, 9:39 pm

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BA Silver, HHonors Gold, LeClub Accor Plat., Veteran of the EK Shower
OT: Something worth 100CAD has been tried to be charged on my CC, however, I have not had any business inCAD apart from this deal
luckily it was blocked automatically by the UBS card department

ANyone any idea?
Old Dec 1, 2010, 10:19 pm

Originally Posted by kiez
OT: Something worth 100CAD has been tried to be charged on my CC, however, I have not had any business inCAD apart from this deal
luckily it was blocked automatically by the UBS card department

ANyone any idea?
Someone else had the same issue a few pages back, a fraudulent charge from Canada. I have been keeping an eye on my cards.
Old Dec 1, 2010, 10:31 pm

Originally Posted by apollo_liumin
If someone in Vegas do not want to stay in their rooms between Dec. 24th-26th, I can stay for you.....
Are you interested even if it is a bad hotel?
Old Dec 1, 2010, 10:48 pm

Possible to no-show hotel without impacting flight?

Does anybody know if you actually have to check into your hotel or if you can simply be a no-show without impacting your return flight? Cancellation seems like it will do more harm than good, but I couldn't find any information about no-shows in the recent pages of the thread. Thanks!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.