Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[FARE GONE] Expedia.ca $300 coupon on packages (new terms)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[FARE GONE] Expedia.ca $300 coupon on packages (new terms)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 4, 2010, 9:02 pm

Location: EWR Ionosphere Club, LAX Clipper Club, Still Traveling Global, yearly BIS miles
Programs: EAL Silver Wings, I-Club, Flying Colonels DL, WorldPass PLat from the olde Meatball and PE SMARTbank
Originally Posted by tslugmo
Thanks for the advice, I called up and canceled my dupe reservation without a problem. Agent even confirmed that he saw the dupe, allowed me to pick the one I wanted to cancel, and after canceling confirmed the 2nd reservation was still active. I was sweating there for a minute.
this was with the airline or expedia? I am still trying tonight (2 calls to aa, 2 to expedia, still no luck)
Old Dec 4, 2010, 9:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K
Originally Posted by frank_10b
this was with the airline or expedia? I am still trying tonight (2 calls to aa, 2 to expedia, still no luck)
Expedia is acting as a travel agent, You must cancel through them.
Old Dec 5, 2010, 2:03 am

I flew my LAS trip on Thursday however my MKE-ORD flight was delayed and I was going to misconnect on ORD-LAS. Therefore I was given a voucher to take the bus down to ORD. I was told I can call UA refunds and have my MKE-ORD flight refunded for me. My question is it worth the risk? Do you think expedia will see something screwy going on with the reservation and take back their $300 credit? For those wondering my ticket cost of around $350 before the coupon.
Old Dec 5, 2010, 3:44 am

Programs: AS MVP, Hilton Diamond, IHG Gold
kannon99, I would be thankful for the deal, apply for original routing credit and call it quits.
Old Dec 5, 2010, 7:42 am

Originally Posted by mudd_stuffin
If your flight from YUL gets cancelled, DL will rebook you for something the next day. They will probably give you a choice of a couple of routings... not sure about a refund but see http://www.delta.com/help/faqs/suspe...ndex.jsp#known

If you are already out of YUL and at DTW, the connecting flight will not wait for you. In that case, all you can hope for is that the connecting flight is delayed due to weather or it is also late because it is coming late inbound from somewhere else.

You will likely lose your hotel reservation for the first night since the "cancellation" policy will likely require you to have cancelled before you know the weather situation. DL will also not cover you at DTW if you are forced to stay overnight because it is "weather related".
Thanks! One further question - so in case of delays Hotels don't just cancel the ENTIRE reservation, just the reservation for the night missed? Thanks again for the reply - much appreciated!
Old Dec 5, 2010, 10:21 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Last night I've completedy my 5th and last same day turn DCA-LAS-DCA
I forgot that one of the flights I've booked with USAirways Mastercard which gave me 2x redeemable miles. So for one flight I've got 4K + 4K elite bonus + 8K MC bonus. Total of 16K redeemable miles for $36
Old Dec 5, 2010, 11:50 am
Moderator: Avis and Rental Cars

If anyone else will be in LAS in the coming week, let me know! I plan on being there Mon, Tues, Weds and Friday evenings from ~8pm-1am... However, some of the nights, I might go to the nearby hotel for a shower before returning home, so it might be 11ish until I get back to LAS.

I know of 1 other going, but I can guest another into the CO club where we can have a few drinks.
Old Dec 5, 2010, 12:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by usefulidiot
Thanks! One further question - so in case of delays Hotels don't just cancel the ENTIRE reservation, just the reservation for the night missed? Thanks again for the reply - much appreciated!
You would be better off to call the hotel direct and inform them about the very very late arrival due to delay. So they would make a note in your rezzie and would not treat you as a no-show (and possible sell your room).

Always always inform the hotel your possible arrival time and in case you cannot make it, keep them informed.
Old Dec 5, 2010, 12:36 pm

Programs: AS MVP, Hilton Diamond, IHG Gold
Originally Posted by IAHtraveler
If anyone else will be in LAS in the coming week, let me know!
Lots of people will be in town this week! Check in here.
Old Dec 5, 2010, 3:11 pm
Moderator: Avis and Rental Cars

Originally Posted by boxo
Lots of people will be in town this week! Check in here.
Ahhh, I missed that. Thanks!
Old Dec 5, 2010, 8:04 pm

Programs: I'm all in on Ultimate Rewards
So has anyone at all been able to take a return flight that was later than 24 hours after their missed departure flight?
Old Dec 5, 2010, 8:44 pm

Originally Posted by CoolWiz
Just came back from my free trip to Vegas. From the flights on UA to the stay at 5* Aria Resort (no resort fee until Dec 6). Everything is smooth. No hiccup.

How did you get away with no resort fee? I just stayed there the 1st to the 4th and was a charged a $15 resort fee.
Old Dec 6, 2010, 1:08 am

Programs: CO PL, DL PM
deleted (question answered elsewhere in thread)

Last edited by DCAmateur; Dec 6, 2010 at 3:33 am
Old Dec 6, 2010, 2:14 am

Programs: UA, DL, AA, Aegean Air, Cal Alumni (go Bears!)
No hitches. All smooth SFO-LAS

For C$0.00 two of us got flight on USAir from SFO and 2 nights at the Stratosphere. It was a great deal. The Stratosphere is in a less than remarkable location but the stay includes 2 trips up to the top of the tower per day (normally $13.95 ea.). The view is incredible. The rooms are nice and recently upgraded...similar to but not as big as a Marriott Residence Inn.
This was the deal of the year for me. However, I cannot for the life of me figure out what people do with more than 2 days in that city! We took bus #108 from the airport to right in front of the hotel for $2.
Old Dec 6, 2010, 2:19 am

Programs: AA, HH, Hyatt Gold, Marriott Platinum, UA, DL, US
I goofed on one of our two reservations and booked three nights at the rancho in LAS so we ended up paying $34 for 2 RT tix to LAS from BDL which is a long way! We stayed at a TS property (Jockey Club) right in the middle of the strip for free and spent four days and three nights playing in LAS. We had a blast and spent less than $500 total for the whole trip from start to finish. See my trip reports here... http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/las-v...der-500-a.html

Awesome times!

Cheers!

JB

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.