Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[FARE GONE] Expedia.ca $300 coupon on packages (new terms)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[FARE GONE] Expedia.ca $300 coupon on packages (new terms)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 1, 2010, 10:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by bgallthat
I tried booking flights I wanted but was too late, so this was the best I can do. Any advice would be greatly appreciated
Originally Posted by bgallthat
so has anyone cancelled their flight?

I booked 2 continental flights from toronto.. knowing there was 0% chance i would go on them. The total was $0.35. I want to cancel with Continental and get the fare to use later (i know i have to pay $150 fee).
It seems you have not had any intention to go to begin with...
Old Dec 1, 2010, 11:10 pm

Originally Posted by nycfastball
Does anybody know if you actually have to check into your hotel or if you can simply be a no-show without impacting your return flight? Cancellation seems like it will do more harm than good, but I couldn't find any information about no-shows in the recent pages of the thread. Thanks!
There is no impact on no-showing your hotel or flight. It has been done by a few members that have already taken their trips.
Old Dec 1, 2010, 11:15 pm

Programs: NWA Platinum, HHonors Diamond, SPG, YX, AA
Originally Posted by DeltaMBSflyer
Well I ran into problems tonight with weather in DTW. We were delayed almost two and a half hours which would mean my originating flight was going to arrive after my flight to LAS left. I didn't want to be stranded in DTW over night so I called the Plat line and was able to get the fare refunded because of the irrops. Should be interesting what happens whether or not I get to keep the difference for future flights or not. Maybe I should have asked for a travel voucher and not refund.
I too was flying XXX-DTW-LAS last night with the red-eye back two hours later. Like you my first flight was delayed to the point I wouldn't be able to make any of my additional flights. According to the elite desk I'm getting a refund, but I doubt I'll see anything as I assume that expedia will take their "cut" first.

Oh well, my 2nd trip just landed in Vegas!
Old Dec 2, 2010, 12:40 am

Programs: UA
Originally Posted by cooljoe613
does anyone have any throw away rooms that i can use on the 11th and or the 14th in las vegas i would really appreciate it thanks
Have you checked your email?
Old Dec 2, 2010, 1:39 am

Programs: Hilton, United, Gold DL
Originally Posted by kiez
OT: Something worth 100CAD has been tried to be charged on my CC, however, I have not had any business inCAD apart from this deal
luckily it was blocked automatically by the UBS card department

ANyone any idea?
That was me.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/15278126-post2990.html

Called and filed a fraud claim, everything has been reversed. Except for the hassles of having a new card issued.
Old Dec 2, 2010, 6:49 am

I also had a problem yesterday. Those darn CRJ's are pure garbage, couldnt land at JFK-->headed to hartford, ct, canceled our flight and then rebooked us for today(as per delta.com) but they took us on a bus all the way to JFK since alooot of people had international connections. JFK/LGA/EWR was a clusterfluck yesterday because of that I missed my next trip later that night to LAS. How should I go about getting an e-credit voucher in this case? i don't want a refund.

Originally Posted by Happy
We should keep it in perspective that the "value" would not be there had it not for the Expedia Voucher.

Some of you try to capitalize further from this snafu should think twice before launch your tricks - you may end up finding yourself in a Net Loss position when the voucher value is charged back to your card, and you dont have any leg to stand on if you try to dispute this with your CC for Expedia can always show its Ts and Cs on this promo even the original version, and the CC may see it the way Expedia sees it!
People will still do it and I am curious as to know what will/has happened.

Last edited by nas6034; Dec 2, 2010 at 7:14 am
Old Dec 2, 2010, 7:28 am

Location: EWR Ionosphere Club, LAX Clipper Club, Still Traveling Global, yearly BIS miles
Programs: EAL Silver Wings, I-Club, Flying Colonels DL, WorldPass PLat from the olde Meatball and PE SMARTbank
I have one upcoming where I will be in the wrong place to use the outbound, but I would like to use the return (on a different airline in a different alliance). But is it true that regardless of the airline pair involved that the return airline will know if I noshow or cancel the outbound? Would it matter if the ticket stock was of the outbound or return carrier?
Old Dec 2, 2010, 8:08 am

Programs: NWA Platinum, HHonors Diamond, SPG, YX, AA
Originally Posted by frank_10b
I have one upcoming where I will be in the wrong place to use the outbound, but I would like to use the return (on a different airline in a different alliance). But is it true that regardless of the airline pair involved that the return airline will know if I noshow or cancel the outbound? Would it matter if the ticket stock was of the outbound or return carrier?
I think you have a better than 50-50 chance of keeping your return flight, but YMMV
Old Dec 2, 2010, 8:19 am
2mg

I'm curious if anyone has been "bumped" off the flight and been given vouchers? This appears to be a much safer way of making $ off of this deal?
I guess the likelihood of being bumped will be greater in about 2.5 weeks.
Old Dec 2, 2010, 9:19 am

I am no-showing a flight. Should I check-in online to ensure expedia doesn't know?
Old Dec 2, 2010, 10:47 am

Programs: DL DM, AA ExPlt, Diamond HH, HY, BW, & Titanium Elite Marriott
I will have some throw away rooms DEC 20-22 and no they are not bad hotels. The worst is Hooters.
Old Dec 2, 2010, 10:49 am

Originally Posted by EasternTraveler
I will have some throw away rooms DEC 20-22 and no they are not bad hotels. The worst is Hooters.
That's too bad, I need a hotel room for Dec 20-21...
Old Dec 2, 2010, 11:46 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by EasternTraveler
I just thought about one thing. What would happend if you checked in another FTer to your room, then next day the key to the room doesn't work. FTer is going to the front desk and asking to reswipe his card to the room because for some reason it doesn't work. The receptionist is asking for some kind of ID. FTer has ID but not in the name of the person who checked in.
What would happened in this kind of situation?
Old Dec 2, 2010, 11:58 am

Programs: AA ExP
Originally Posted by MKEbound
I think you have a better than 50-50 chance of keeping your return flight, but YMMV
Is that speaking from actual experience? Because I've had experience with many, many people having their return legs canceled when they don't fly the outbounds. It doesn't matter, in my experience, that it's different airlines outbound/inbound.

Originally Posted by bwiadca
I just thought about one thing. What would happend if you checked in another FTer to your room, then next day the key to the room doesn't work. FTer is going to the front desk and asking to reswipe his card to the room because for some reason it doesn't work. The receptionist is asking for some kind of ID. FTer has ID but not in the name of the person who checked in.
What would happened in this kind of situation?
Certainly possible, but IME they don't ask for ID.
Old Dec 2, 2010, 12:24 pm

Originally Posted by HansGolden
Certainly possible, but IME they don't ask for ID.
Anytime I've lost or needed a re-key in Vegas, they've always asked for ID.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.