Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[FARE GONE] Expedia.ca $300 coupon on packages (new terms)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[FARE GONE] Expedia.ca $300 coupon on packages (new terms)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 30, 2010, 9:28 am

Programs: UA Premier Platinum, Skyteam Elite Plus (KE Morning Calm Premium)
Originally Posted by phranticaw
http://abcnews.go.com/Travel/free-fl...ry?id=12269522

Looks like finally some main stream news....
Thank you for your post.

Wow..

"Expedia declined several requests for an interview and only would say that it is honoring all bookings."
Old Nov 30, 2010, 9:38 am

Programs: DL Gold
Anyone run into trouble no-showing the hotel?
Old Nov 30, 2010, 10:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime Executive Diamond Platinum VIP with Braniff, Eastern, Midway, National & Pan Am
Originally Posted by jan_az
You can ask them to take control of it. A bunch of us did this for the CNZ fare mistake so that we could upgrade to FC. Back then UA did this for free. Ihave no experience with other airlines.
Won't the airline automatically "take control" of the reservation once you check in?

I have one of these tickets for a trip I don't want to take but do want to salvage the residual value of the ticket with the airline. My plan is to OLCI 24 hours before departure and then just no-show the flight, canceling with the airline right at departure time.

Keeps Expedia out of the cancellation loop and also gets an additional no show into the database to improve chances for future bump seekers on that flight!

The volume of speculative tickets booked on this deal makes me think that there are going to be some VERY aggressive OB levels set for flights to LAS in Dec 2011!
Old Nov 30, 2010, 10:18 am
Ambassador: Alaska Airlines

Programs: AS MVP Gold
Originally Posted by Herb687
I have one of these tickets for a trip I don't want to take but do want to salvage the residual value of the ticket with the airline. My plan is to OLCI 24 hours before departure and then just no-show the flight, canceling with the airline right at departure time.
Might I suggest you consider either not checking in at all, or cancelling your ticket at least 1 hour before departure? This would make it a bit easier for those flying on standby (or waiting for your upgraded seat) to clear into their seat.
Old Nov 30, 2010, 10:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime Executive Diamond Platinum VIP with Braniff, Eastern, Midway, National & Pan Am
Originally Posted by baliktad
Might I suggest you consider either not checking in at all, or cancelling your ticket at least 1 hour before departure? This would make it a bit easier for those flying on standby (or waiting for your upgraded seat) to clear into their seat.
But by not canceling until right at departure I'm making it easier for someone to get a voucher (or buy a seat) on the same flight next year. The standby will still be able to get the seat that I no-show. And don't worry I won't be requesting an upgrade on these flights.

I believe that checking in for the flight is very important in the process in order to get control of the ticket/reservation to transfer from travel agency to airline.
Old Nov 30, 2010, 11:13 am

Programs: UA Premier Platinum, Skyteam Elite Plus (KE Morning Calm Premium)

I believe that checking in for the flight is very important in the process in order to get control of the ticket/reservation to transfer from travel agency to airline.
Good tip.

Thanks.
Old Nov 30, 2010, 11:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM SK EBG LATAM BL

Keeps Expedia out of the cancellation loop and also gets an additional no show into the database to improve chances for future bump seekers on that flight!
That is the plan I plan to follow as well
Although I havent decided yet whether I will call to change my ticket before or after departure as UA allows you to cancel/change until the midnight of the day of flight. I already know what I ll be booking with the credit, so I can ask for the new flights at the same time.
Old Nov 30, 2010, 11:59 am

Programs: UA 1K/MM, AA GLD
Originally Posted by rankourabu
That is the plan I plan to follow as well
Although I havent decided yet whether I will call to change my ticket before or after departure as UA allows you to cancel/change until the midnight of the day of flight. I already know what I ll be booking with the credit, so I can ask for the new flights at the same time.
This is no longer policy at UA, see http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...cy-change.html
Old Nov 30, 2010, 12:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM SK EBG LATAM BL
Originally Posted by rob_flies_ua
This is no longer policy at UA, see http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...cy-change.html
yikes good catch. Thanks for that.
Old Nov 30, 2010, 1:16 pm

Is there any way I can preserve credit on JetBlue? I have a bunch of bookings from BOS-JFK that I will not use. They were solely booked for activities (free Broadway tickets, Met tickets, etc.).
Old Nov 30, 2010, 1:17 pm

does anyone have throw away rooms i can have for the 11th and or the14th? in vegas please email me at [email protected]

Last edited by cooljoe613; Dec 1, 2010 at 5:49 pm
Old Nov 30, 2010, 3:54 pm

Programs: DL PM, UA E- inhabitant

Last edited by jetta2.0t; Mar 21, 2013 at 4:45 pm
Old Nov 30, 2010, 7:17 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Plat
Has there been a definative answer on being able to keep a value of a booked airline ticket after change fee on Delta? That is without expedia doing any changes and voiding the coupon.
Old Nov 30, 2010, 9:03 pm

Programs: UA1k;HH Gold;MR Gold
Originally Posted by cooljoe613
does anyone have throw away rooms i can have for the 11th and or the14th? please email me at [email protected]
Which city?
Old Dec 1, 2010, 9:46 am

I wont be able to take the LAX - JFK - LAX flight tomorrow evening because of a family emergency.. I have to travel to Boise tonight.... What do you guys suggest ? I don't know when I will travel next ...if i do a no show what happens ?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.