Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[FARE GONE] Expedia.ca $300 coupon on packages (new terms)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[FARE GONE] Expedia.ca $300 coupon on packages (new terms)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 28, 2010, 7:13 am

Programs: NEXUS; *A Gold
Seems this deal is still being honored? From the original post I got the impression that this was a very limited time offer yet it seems people are still using it for travel this year?? I tried applying the code to a booking for early 2011 and it wouldn't go...don't suppose these codes are retroactive should another one come along after my booking is made?? I wish!!
Old Nov 28, 2010, 9:32 am

Programs: UA1k;HH Gold;MR Gold
Originally Posted by Neil791
Seems this deal is still being honored? From the original post I got the impression that this was a very limited time offer yet it seems people are still using it for travel this year?? I tried applying the code to a booking for early 2011 and it wouldn't go...don't suppose these codes are retroactive should another one come along after my booking is made?? I wish!!
Did you see the [FARE GONE] in the heading?
Old Nov 28, 2010, 9:58 am

Programs: NEXUS; *A Gold
Originally Posted by jan_az
Did you see the [FARE GONE] in the heading?
Thank you for pointing out the obvious instead of putting an extra minute into your post by adding a less obnoxious explanation

Clearly my query was based on people continuing to post about their success with the promo code long after it supposedly expired.

As I've got better things to do with my life than spend countless hours on FT posting obnoxious replies to people's questions I suppose I must have missed the obvious fact that the offer was no longer in operation.

Time to spend some quality time outside...
Old Nov 28, 2010, 10:04 am

Clearly my query was based on people continuing to post about their success with the promo code long after it supposedly expired.
not a single person has posted success using this promo code after it expired

they're posting the results of the trips they booked before it expired
Old Nov 28, 2010, 10:06 am

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Mosaic
Wonder how these guys who cancelled their flights for airline credit made out.
Old Nov 28, 2010, 10:06 am

Thank you for pointing out the obvious instead of putting an extra minute into your post by adding a less obnoxious explanation

As I've got better things to do with my life than spend countless hours on FT posting obnoxious replies to people's questions I suppose I must have missed the obvious fact that the offer was no longer in operation.

If you think this was obnoxious, you should really stick around, you might be surprised - not in a good way!

And fyi, people are now posting reports of their actual trips, and whether the refund posted or not - but nobody's actually booked a trip with the coupon since a week ago today.
Old Nov 28, 2010, 10:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM SK EBG LATAM BL
Originally Posted by pWei
Wonder how these guys who cancelled their flights for airline credit made out.
yeah me too

I have one booked for Dec.7, I wont be using. It was $0 ($299.59), so I am wondering if I should let it go, or change the flights for $150 and still have $128ish UA credit ...

UA is willing to take over the ticket, but I dont want to be charged back the discount from Expedia.
Old Nov 28, 2010, 10:20 am

Programs: UA1k;HH Gold;MR Gold

I should have explained to you since I see you just joined - The flyertalk mods do not post FARE GONE unless the fare is well and truly gone. There were at least 10 times in the thread it was pronounced "dead"
when it wasnt - but the mods did not posst FARE GONE. If you see that in a heading here on FT you can be sure it is true
Old Nov 28, 2010, 10:25 am
2mg

Originally Posted by rankourabu
yeah me too

I have one booked for Dec.7, I wont be using. It was $0 ($299.59), so I am wondering if I should let it go, or change the flights for $150 and still have $128ish UA credit ...

UA is willing to take over the ticket, but I dont want to be charged back the discount from Expedia.
^ +1
Old Nov 28, 2010, 10:41 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Plat 2MM, MR Gold, Avis Pref
Originally Posted by jan_az
I should have explained to you since I see you just joined - The flyertalk mods do not post FARE GONE unless the fare is well and truly gone. There were at least 10 times in the thread it was pronounced "dead"
when it wasnt - but the mods did not posst FARE GONE. If you see that in a heading here on FT you can be sure it is true
they have been quick to jump the gun on some prior threads so FARE GONE does not necessarily mean fare gone although I will concede that it definitely applies in this thread
Old Nov 28, 2010, 10:49 am

Programs: UA-1k, 1mm, Marriott-LT Platinum, Hertz-Presidents Circle
Why do you people want to pay $150 for a $128 credit? You are losing $22 here people. Throw the ticket away and start fresh. The only reason would be paying $150 for a credit greater than that to make it to your advantage. If not let it die a peaceful death.
Old Nov 28, 2010, 10:54 am

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by schley
Why do you people want to pay $150 for a $128 credit? You are losing $22 here people. Throw the ticket away and start fresh. The only reason would be paying $150 for a credit greater than that to make it to your advantage. If not let it die a peaceful death.
Not really, if you got $278 of airfare free, and they "take" $150 for the change fee, you still have $128 of credit for free...

Unless you have to pay $150 cash (I've never done this) - then you'd have $278 of airfare for $150.

Still a net of $128, but you'd have the $150 outlay...
Old Nov 28, 2010, 11:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM SK EBG LATAM BL
Originally Posted by TechnoPagan
Not really, if you got $278 of airfare free, and they "take" $150 for the change fee, you still have $128 of credit for free...

Unless you have to pay $150 cash (I've never done this) - then you'd have $278 of airfare for $150.

Still a net of $128, but you'd have the $150 outlay...

Right here is the math for a regular booking
Original price paid: $278
Change fee: $150
New ticket (inlcuding previous fare credit): $400
total paid for ticket: $550

now take away the refund from Expedia
actual total paid for new ticket = $400 price + $150fee - $278 expedia discount= $272

$272<$400
Old Nov 28, 2010, 11:41 am

Programs: WN A-list & CP, Delta GM
Has anyone got charged by Expedia for the hotel? Like many others, I got charged and refunded by Expedia for the airfare part a while ago. However, I never saw any charge (posted or pending) for the hotel.
Old Nov 28, 2010, 12:20 pm

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by leonard016
Has anyone got charged by Expedia for the hotel? Like many others, I got charged and refunded by Expedia for the airfare part a while ago. However, I never saw any charge (posted or pending) for the hotel.
There should be no separate hotel charge from Expedia unless your package total far exceeded the $300 discount. Most people actual got a refund from Expedia to cover the cost of the airfare (charged separately by the airline).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.