Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[FARE GONE] Expedia.ca $300 coupon on packages (new terms)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[FARE GONE] Expedia.ca $300 coupon on packages (new terms)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 20, 2010, 5:14 pm

Programs: AC*S100K 1MM, LH FTL, Hyatt Globalist, Accor Plat
Originally Posted by lobo411
Why on earth would you be so cheap on something so important? Are you counting on finding a suit at Ross in Newark 5 mins before the interview as well?
Well, I mean free is free right? Just because somebody is paying for my travels doesn't mean I won't use a promo code...

Programs: DL PM, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold, AmExPlat
Originally Posted by SamuelS
Perhaps the bit where it now says:

"Coupon is non-refundable, non-transferable and only available for transactions/travel originating in Canada. One coupon per person. Any portion of the package which is cancelled will make the coupon null and void and the full amount of the package will be charged to the credit card."

That little gem I guess. Transactions originating in Canada could be perhaps argued with. Travel originating in Canada is fairly black and white. And a significant change from before.

Oh, and welcome to FT.
It's that pesky slash [/] between transactions/travel in the quote above that makes it vague. Is it transactions OR travel originating in Canada, or does that slash indicate an "AND"?

Take a look at the French terms below it. There is no slash between "reservations effectuees aux Canada" and "les voyages d'origine canadienne." Instead of a slash, there is the word "et."

"Et" in French means AND. It is arguable that the new terms require not only booking a Canadian transaction (e.g., expedia.ca in Canadian dollars) but ALSO having travel originating in Canada in order to honor the voucher.

Just a thought...

Programs: AA ExP
Originally Posted by glewin
All my tickets are ticketed by AA and I have all the confirmation. Expedia just deleted all of my IT's and sent me an email with bogus departure date.
When did you book?
Old Nov 20, 2010, 5:15 pm

Why on earth would you be so cheap on something so important? Are you counting on finding a suit at Ross in Newark 5 mins before the interview as well?
Because applying to med school has already put me into the throes of poverty already! I figured it was a divine gift.

The interview isn't for a while . . . I'll have time to book a ticket outright if Expedia hems and haws.

And, please! I purchased my suit at a police auction. I just have to have the tailor patch up the exit wound holes and remove the coroner markings.
Old Nov 20, 2010, 5:16 pm

Originally Posted by PanHam
Because applying to med school has already put me into the throes of poverty already! I figured it was a divine gift.

The interview isn't for a while . . . I'll have time to book a ticket outright if Expedia hems and haws.

And, please! I purchased my suit at a police auction. I just have to have the tailor patch up the exit wound holes and remove the coroner markings.
Nice comeback!
Old Nov 20, 2010, 5:16 pm

Originally Posted by jlisi984
Well, I mean free is free right? Just because somebody is paying for my travels doesn't mean I won't use a promo code...
Ya, but people are booking mileage runs or goof-off trips. I would certainly not trust anything important as an interview to anything as unpredictable as a coupon error being honored!

I hope it works out for you, though.
Old Nov 20, 2010, 5:17 pm

Programs: AA Platinum
Originally Posted by glewin
All my tickets are ticketed by AA and I have all the confirmation. Expedia just deleted all of my IT's and sent me an email with bogus departure date.

They are back let me print them all now.
Old Nov 20, 2010, 5:17 pm

Ya, but people are booking mileage runs or goof-off trips. I would certainly not trust anything important as an interview to anything as unpredictable as a coupon error being honored!

BTW, it isn't me! It's PanHam I'm just supporting!
Old Nov 20, 2010, 5:18 pm

BTW, it isn't me! It's PanHam I'm just supporting!
BTW never stayed in a hostel. How bad is it really?
Old Nov 20, 2010, 5:20 pm

Programs: HHonors Gold , National Emerald Exec, Hertz Presidents, Delta Gold
They'll make their interview.

It's just whether they get the extra $300 off.

Not time to panic.

They told me they'd cancel my itineraries and to wait for confirmation. That was 45 minutes ago. At least the phone call wasn't dumped, I guess.

I've gotten great deals on FT. Most aren't nearly this much of a time suck, especially for cancelling. It all balances out in the end
Moderator, Hertz; FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1MM, BA GGL, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond and others
Originally Posted by PanHam

really?
I'm so happy I'm studying in Poland. I pay like 1/5th the cost and party hardy every few weeks.

Agree. Thank goodness there's still time to buy a ticket if anything goes awry . . . I'm completely okay with that possibility.

But, if it works out, it's certainly nice.
Old Nov 20, 2010, 5:21 pm

Programs: AA, BA, Delta, SPG, Hilton
where do you see My Payment history on xp.ca? on the left hand-side once you login to see itinenary? hmm, I don't see that
Old Nov 20, 2010, 5:22 pm

Programs: DL GM, SPG
BTW never stayed in a hostel. How bad is it really?
It can range from pretty skeevy to ok. The worst hotel beats a hostel unless it it a HI(Hostelling International) location. Those are well kept and usually in safe places.
Old Nov 20, 2010, 5:22 pm

Programs: B6 Mosaic, WN A-List
Originally Posted by golfingboy
Got a 5:45A flight out of LGA on the 2nd

Land at 10:00pm on the 1st.

Both hostels will surely enjoy unheard of profits during the month of December!

I would be down to hit some bars then head back to the airport at 2am after getting kicked out from the bar.
Or you could just leave the bar at 4 and go direct to the airport.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.