Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[FARE GONE] Expedia.ca $300 coupon on packages (new terms)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[FARE GONE] Expedia.ca $300 coupon on packages (new terms)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 20, 2010, 6:58 pm
Fairmont Contributor Badge

So anyone who has booked this late (after 4pm), do they see the credit being applied?
Old Nov 20, 2010, 6:58 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by bmeakins
Yes- only I DID put the voucher code in (made triple sure each time) and on TWO of my itineraries (my husbands), the confirmation emails omit the voucher and I've been charged full price. I'm on hour three now of my (speaker-phoned) call with Expedia- he's not being friendly at all. Don't think I'll have much luck but I'll report back.
Call your credit card company...
Old Nov 20, 2010, 7:01 pm

Programs: UA (Premier Exec.)
Originally Posted by aly
for those of us IN Canada; have u been able to book more then 1 wth the voucher?
I am not from Canada...but just putting my 2 cents in and hopefully it will help for someone. I wasn't able to book multiples by using the same cc, I used 4 different credit cards, some of which are with my name some are my husband's but all I know it was the only way I could get it to work.. and, by booking as a guest. not by registering because then it would say that the coupon was already redeemed.
Old Nov 20, 2010, 7:01 pm

Programs: AA ExP
Originally Posted by JBLUA320
Per the new terms; I wouldn't risk booking right now, and would not expect a credit. It clearly says originating from Canada now, and 1 per person.
^ +1
Old Nov 20, 2010, 7:03 pm

Originally Posted by amejr999
Call your credit card company...
Good idea- I'll make sure to let him know that that's my plan, too. Thanks for the tip.
Old Nov 20, 2010, 7:04 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Mosaic
Thanks to the OP for this awesome tip!
I only got in for a 1 night trip to LAS, and another to NYC.
Old Nov 20, 2010, 7:05 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by bmeakins
Good idea- I'll make sure to let him know that that's my plan, too. Thanks for the tip.
Cool. And welcome to FT, hope you stick around!
Old Nov 20, 2010, 7:06 pm

Programs: Hilton Honors Gold, Hertz PC, National Emerald Executive
booked 2 packages from IAH to LAS mid december about an hour ago and it worked! I followed the method posted by FlywithUS to get it to work. =)
Old Nov 20, 2010, 7:09 pm
Fairmont Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by MisterVegas
booked 2 packages from IAH to LAS mid december about an hour ago and it worked! I followed the method posted by FlywithUS to get it to work. =)
but are u seeing the discount/refund on expedia?
Old Nov 20, 2010, 7:09 pm

Programs: DL PM, UA E- inhabitant

Last edited by jetta2.0t; Mar 20, 2013 at 7:43 pm
Old Nov 20, 2010, 7:11 pm

Programs: Tegridy Elite
Originally Posted by BarbiJKM
There IS an agreement on both sides: They agree to solicit bookings, and I agree to make a booking. No money needs to change hands for there to be consideration for a valid contract. (Actually, the way the transaction is set up, money DOES change hands and is then refunded.)

This is not a "price mistake" like an incorrect decimal point or a missing digit. This is a valid promotion with very loose restrictions when they started out, now changed to very vaguely worded restrictions.

It is possible that people attempting to book from this point on will have difficulty with the website accepting the voucher code for non-Canadian credit cards/billing addresses/departure airports, etc., but that does not invalidate the legal binding contracts that have been formed prior to when the terms of the promotion changed, and under the original conditions offered to the consumer.
Indeed. Expedia made the offer and drafted the T&Cs. Many, many people responded and purchased travel in response to said offer. Unless there was a provision somewhere in the T&Cs for this offer or for Expedia.ca in general, that gives them an "out" to cancel due to errors or some such thing, it's hard to imagine a valid basis to cancel the bookings they already accepted and charged to the buyers' credit cards. Otherwise it would seem that the only potential point of argument is over what "Canadian bookings" (I'm refering to the original language) means. Is that phrase ambiguous? Possibly, but in such cases an ambiguity is usually construed against whoever drafted the wording - provided the other side in the dispute has a reasonable interpretation.

Also it would seem reasonable that Expedia should be expected to set up its website such that it screens for valid bookings, based on address, or whatever they want to use. A mistake fare would be as mentioned above, e.g., a $3.00 package that should clearly be $300.00 - where the mistake is obvious to any reasonable person.

Of course nothing says Expedia.ca couldn't still try and void bookings or whatever, but as others mentioned, that's got to be pretty labor intensive an costly - better to cut their losses worry about future bookings if they're concerned over this.

Wish our schedule hadn't been so full through end of December, we would've loved to hit Vegas for a couple days. Glad to see so many FTers take advantage of it - good luck and have fun!
Old Nov 20, 2010, 7:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM SK EBG LATAM BL
When this thread reaches 1747 posts, it will be the 7th most replied to thread in the history of the Mileage Run Deals forum

here is the rundown in order of posts, the hall of fame:

1.Alitalia YYZ-LCA
2.CNZ
3.Good Deal premium fares (original)
4.YYZ-BUH (NW)
5.Expedia Hilton Japan
6.CMB-JFK C
7.$61 Icelandair
8.EXPEDIA $300
9.LAX-NAN $51
10.LEB-anywhere $2-$22
Old Nov 20, 2010, 7:16 pm

Originally Posted by AMRivlin
So anyone who has booked this late (after 4pm), do they see the credit being applied?
Yes, we booked several trips (family vacations) and the credit $273- US is already showing as having been refunded to Visa, M/C, and Amex accounts on all itineraries.
Old Nov 20, 2010, 7:21 pm

4 vacation packages..

all my 4 vacation packages are confirmed / booked with airline.

1) BUR - LAS - BUR ($0)
2) BUR - LAS - BUR ($0)
3) LAX - JFK - LAX ($0)
4) LAX - LGA - LAX ($8.39)

all credits seems applied correct on respective itineraries.
Old Nov 20, 2010, 7:22 pm

gone

Just cancelled my reservation (for other reasons) after 3 hrs on hold. The agent told me that the offer is gone but will honor the ones that went through already. Hope this helps.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.