Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[FARE GONE] Expedia.ca $300 coupon on packages (new terms)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[FARE GONE] Expedia.ca $300 coupon on packages (new terms)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 20, 2010, 8:17 pm

Question Throw away flight & hotel?

Does anyone know / have any guesses on what happens (to your credit card, others) if you don't show up for the flight and also don't show/check-in to the hotel?
Old Nov 20, 2010, 8:17 pm

Programs: AAEXP, BASlv, UAGold, Hyatt Diam, IHG Plt, SPG Plt, HH Diam, MR Plat, CC Gold, Nat ExecElite
Originally Posted by FlywithUS
With La Guardia, tried DAB-CLT-LGA and Clarion LGA and it is not liking the code. But with the Upper Manhattan Hostel it works (same flights).
The voucher is only valid for hotels in Manhattan. LGA and the Clarion are in Queens.
Old Nov 20, 2010, 8:19 pm

Programs: AB Platinum (AB4EVA), IHG Diamond, Dominos Gold
Amazing Offer (Error)...

I will be in the states for the next two weeks. Unfortunately I booked (non-refundable) Hotels in Vegas, a Rental Car etc...

Was able to price out a $0 2 day trip from LAS to NYC, that would gain 8900mls... Soo tempted...

On the other hand: My GF doesn't want to spend all our vacation on airports and I do feel uncertain about this anyway. XP has to (try to) charge ineligible (ex. US and other) customers, otherwise the cost will certainly go into multi millions...

Good Luck to all fellow FTers using this promo.
Old Nov 20, 2010, 8:19 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Diamond, Starwood Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by wchang
Does anyone know / have any guesses on what happens (to your credit card, others) if you don't show up for the flight and also don't show check into the hotel?
Expedia's packages require upfront payment. If you don't show for flight or hotel, you will not get a refund and you will also miss out on any miles or hotel nights/stays (if eligible).
Old Nov 20, 2010, 8:20 pm

Does anyone know / have any guesses on what happens (to your credit card, others) if you don't show up for the flight and also don't show check into the hotel?
You've paid for it. What can happen? US airways is not going to call Luxor to check and report. On flight, if you don't show up for the first flight, all remaining segments will probably get cancelled. Hotels, pretty sure they are used to no-shows.
Old Nov 20, 2010, 8:22 pm
Ambassador: Alaska Airlines

Originally Posted by patrick835
Please help!!!
I booked a 3 day trip from Orlando to New York for my family of 4, but the 1st night we only have 2 beds in a "dormitory room" at the Broadway Hotel and Hostel, and 2nd night we have only 1 bed. I thought I was booking for a room instead a bed.

So.......
1) could anyone help me find a deal on hotel for 4 ppl for 2 nights ? I don't think me and my dad can fit in the tiny dorm bed.
Sorry, I could not help but laugh Pretty funny story!

Anyhow, ditch the hotel and book a different hotel... Do a dry run over at hotels.com and see what options are available.
Old Nov 20, 2010, 8:23 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Diamond, Starwood Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by learningtime
You've paid for it. What can happen? US airways is not going to call Luxor to check and report. On flight, if you don't show up for the first flight, all remaining segments will probably get cancelled. Hotels, pretty sure they are used to no-shows.
Yes, I bet the management of these uber cheap hotels is going to be quite happy (or quite disappointed if Expedia cancels the deals) when they check their calendar and see they're fully booked for the next 1.5 months and that probably a good 50% of the booking's wont' actually check in so no room cleaning, etc.

Originally Posted by n8onUA
Expedia's packages require upfront payment. If you don't show for flight or hotel, you will not get a refund and you will also miss out on any miles or hotel nights/stays (if eligible).
Let's not mix-up two refunds. The $300 refund/voucher/coupon from booking, that will apply to your credit/debit probably even before you leave home unless you booked something for this weekend/next week.

If you don't show up, you loose whatever you had booked paying whatever you did out of pocket. For most of us, that was pretty close to $0.

Is this deal still valid when booking from a US city??

I read a post that the deal is not dead...but i'm still getting the error message when putting "save300" in...and i'm signed in as a guest.

Anyone know how to get this to work still? This little lady needs to win some big bucks in Sin City before 2011!

Also-what was the BA deal? Read so many people writing about it...what happened with that?

Programs: AP, HHonours Diamond
Does anyone know / have any guesses on what happens (to your credit card, others) if you don't show up for the flight and also don't show/check-in to the hotel?
Nothing?

You (and Expedia ) have already paid for the whole thing. You can no-show any portion you like. Do remember though, flights are meant to be taken in the order they're booked (i.e. BUF-ORD-LAS if you don't take BUF-ORD, your ORD-LAS is canceled automatically) so the legacy airline rules do apply to the air tix portion, just like any other tix.
Old Nov 20, 2010, 8:24 pm

Programs: UA, AA, Marriott
Originally Posted by AZChick
Is this deal still valid when booking from a US city??

I read a post that the deal is not dead...but i'm still getting the error message when putting "save300" in...and i'm signed in as a guest.

Anyone know how to get this to work still? This little lady needs to win some big bucks in Sin City before 2011!

Also-what was the BA deal? Read so many people writing about it...what happened with that?

me and my friends just booked 3 from ORD=LAS, make sure u have all the paperwork
Moderator: Avis and Rental Cars

Flights: They'll just cancel the remaining segments after you miss the first one.

Hotels: At least on all my bookings, the T&Cs stated that "you can cancel the hotel without affecting the other portions of your itinerary" or something similar.
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: HH Silver
Originally Posted by jason8612
what about that AKL C fare a few years back?
It's #2 on the list as CNZ, meaning C class to NZ on UA, I got that one and it was sweet. ^

Programs: UA, AA, Marriott
if they screw us on this deal we should get a FT lawyer,

i am sure one of you is a lawyer!
Old Nov 20, 2010, 8:26 pm

how did you JUST book it? i tried and cant get the voucher to work! help!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.