Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[FARE GONE] Expedia.ca $300 coupon on packages (new terms)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[FARE GONE] Expedia.ca $300 coupon on packages (new terms)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 20, 2010, 9:34 pm

Programs: PC: Platinum, DL: PM, National: Exec
Originally Posted by IAHtraveler
Hmmm, whenever I tried (or try now), I get the "Packages require a 1-night minimum stay." error after page 1.
Book just the flights alone first, then add a hotel. Then add the code at checkout.
Old Nov 20, 2010, 9:34 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by DaveTO
They'll use the eligibility period and Canadian departure clauses to knock off most of the plaintiffs,
There was nothing about Canadian departures in T&C when I bought my tickets.

Also, why so many Sgts.Buzkill in this forum?
Old Nov 20, 2010, 9:35 pm

Programs: AA ExP
Originally Posted by blueslip
There has to be two different e-ticket numbers if there are two different carriers involved.
I can assure you that that is not the case. I'm a TA that has done thousands of tickets and I see the guts of tickets before and after they're run. In fact, I just ran a group of ten people a few seconds ago with the following itin:
UA CMH-ORD
AA ORD-FLL-PAP
(work project in Haiti)
AA PAP-MIA
US MIA-PHL-CLE

Each person has one eticket number. (For reasons I'll keep to myself, I validated half the group on UA, so they have UA ticket numbers. I validated the other half on AA so they have AA ticket numbers.) But each person only has one ticket number.
Old Nov 20, 2010, 9:36 pm

Originally Posted by bwiadca
There was nothing about Canadian departures in T&C when I bought my tickets.
ditto
Also, why so many Sgts.Buzkill in this forum?
They're just jealous that they didn't bite.

Programs: US CP, DL GM, AA Plat
They'll use the eligibility period and Canadian departure clauses to knock off most of the plaintiffs, and offer settlements that are close to what you would get after expenses from a class-action.
Eligibility argument won't fly. I have a pdf of the promotion page and it says:

"Beginning Friday, November 19, 2010 at 12:00:01AM PT and ending on Sunday, November 21, 2010 at 11:59:59 PM PT, book a flight+ hotel package at participating hotels in Las Vegas, Cancun, Riviera Maya or Manhattan and receive C$300 off the then-current Expedia.ca advertised price"
Hilton Contributor Badge

Care to share the date? Maybe we'll meet up in a PC again. Is your wife coming, too?

Hmmm, whenever I tried (or try now), I get the "Packages require a 1-night minimum stay." error after page 1.
You have to select right away Flight+hotel package. Set departure dates on the same day and you are done.
Old Nov 20, 2010, 9:42 pm

I had pending charge for this and now it's gone!
Old Nov 20, 2010, 9:44 pm

Originally Posted by payam81
Pull up the reservation on each airline's website and see if they are as oneway segments. If that's the case, I'm almost certain you're good to go!
That's not a good indicator. Websites vary greatly in their abilities. It's quite simple: If you have separate eticket numbers, you're good. If you don't, your not. However, if you don't believe me, call the airline and ask them to look at the ticket record. Then ask them if it's a roundtrip or a one-way. Tell them you booked a roundtrip online, but the other part was with the other airline and you're wondering if your stupid booking engine put you on one ticket or two--"It tends to mess things up, so just checking..." If you're OCD, call the other airline and do the reverse.

Originally Posted by payam81
Even if you get canceled, you can always plead ignorance (separate tix etc. excuse) and am sure the carrier will work something out for you at the airport.
That has a very low probability of success.

They'll use the eligibility period and Canadian departure clauses to knock off most of the plaintiffs, and offer settlements that are close to what you would get after expenses from a class-action.
The Canadian departure clause wasn't in when I booked and the validity period was specified on their website as starting at 12:00:01 AM on 19-Nov. I booked in the afternoon of 19-Nov.
Old Nov 20, 2010, 9:44 pm

Sorry, took me this long to register and wait for my activation email LOL

But as of (edit) Eastern time my order went through with the code working. I went through the normal process and it kept telling me the code is invalid (because of US address probably) so I kept changing it back and forth from Canada to non-Canada address and retrying code and it eventually worked. So if it isn't working for you, just keep retrying the code clicking back and forth on the address button from Canada to non-Canada and it might work...

Thanks again, hopefully it works for me! Booked Seattle to Vegas for one night and got a free trip. I wanted my wife to come but she loves Christmas time and needs her "prep" time and didn't want to spend the time away!?! So I'm going myself to watch some football in a sports bookie lounge, go to Casa Fuente in Caesar's Palace to smoke a cigar or two, do some gambling, watch some more football, enjoy some good food etc. Instead of sitting my butt on the couch on Sunday watching football, it will just be Vegas!

Last edited by AlohaStyle; Nov 21, 2010 at 6:46 pm
Old Nov 20, 2010, 9:45 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by HansGolden
But each person only has one ticket number.
Yep. My itinerary (or rather the one I booked for my brother) is US LAX-LAS, AA LAS-LAX, but the ticket number is identical for both (starts with 001, which is AA correct?). It does seem odd to me that US would find it necessary to inform AA of the no-show for the LAX-LAS leg, and even odder that AA would care enough to cancel the return flight, but maybe communication between non-partner airlines is better than I'd thought
Old Nov 20, 2010, 9:49 pm

Flights: They'll just cancel the remaining segments after you miss the first one.

Hotels: At least on all my bookings, the T&Cs stated that "you can cancel the hotel without affecting the other portions of your itinerary" or something similar.

Even if there are 2 separate airlines? I didn't think this was the case. We used this deal to get from one city to another... with a stop in Vegas. So we have RT tix into Vegas, and RT tix into Vegas from our actual destination city. But we are only using half the flights. The concern would be for the SECOND flight TO Vegas -- We are not getting on that flight (we will already be in Vegas). The RETURN flight is on a different airline.

You think they will cancel it? How?

This was all booked PRIOR to the changed T&C from Expedia.
Old Nov 20, 2010, 9:50 pm

Originally Posted by imgagesmom
I had pending charge for this and now it's gone!
What does your payment history say on your itinerary (Enter itinerary # and email to look up itinerary on website by clicking my account and then find itinerary.) - also when did you order?
Old Nov 20, 2010, 9:52 pm

Originally Posted by flyflyflyokokok
Even if there are 2 separate airlines? I didn't think this was the case. We used this deal to get from one city to another... with a stop in Vegas. So we have RT tix into Vegas, and RT tix into Vegas from our actual destination city. But we are only using half the flights. The concern would be for the SECOND flight TO Vegas -- We are not getting on that flight (we will already be in Vegas). The RETURN flight is on a different airline.

You think they will cancel it? How?

This was all booked PRIOR to the changed T&C from Expedia.
Your booking all that prior to the change doesn't matter, as their rules incorporate by reference the airline tariffs, which these days nearly universally (at least in NA) state that the tickets must be used in sequence or are subject to cancellation. They won't even tell Expedia they did it.
Old Nov 20, 2010, 9:54 pm

Originally Posted by rjw242
Yep. My itinerary (or rather the one I booked for my brother) is US LAX-LAS, AA LAS-LAX, but the ticket number is identical for both (starts with 001, which is AA correct?). It does seem odd to me that US would find it necessary to inform AA of the no-show for the LAX-LAS leg, and even odder that AA would care enough to cancel the return flight, but maybe communication between non-partner airlines is better than I'd thought
Yup, all AA ticket numbers start with 001.

Their communication is total and automatic. AA sees the US flights in the record and US sees the AA flights in the record. They both see the eticket record. The info is stored in separate systems (GDSes), but whenever a linked record is changed by either of the two systems, it sends an update message to the other system and the change is integrated. If you didn't board your first flight, US would mark your first segment as no-show. US's system would send a message to AA's system that the first segment no-showed. Then a system sweep (I think AA's) would cancel the eticket.
Old Nov 20, 2010, 9:56 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by HansGolden
Their communication is total and automatic. AA sees the US flights in the record and US sees the AA flights in the record. They both see the eticket record. The info is stored in separate systems (GDSes), but whenever a linked record is changed by either of the two systems, it sends an update message to the other system and the change is integrated. If you didn't board your first flight, US would mark your first segment as no-show. US's system would send a message to AA's system that the first segment no-showed. Then a system sweep (I think AA's) would cancel the eticket.
Huh, you learn something new every day. I'll just book a separate one-way then (but still use the Wynn reservation courtesy of Expedia ). Thanks!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.