Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[FARE GONE] Expedia.ca $300 coupon on packages (new terms)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[FARE GONE] Expedia.ca $300 coupon on packages (new terms)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 20, 2010, 11:30 pm

Programs: AA, HH, Hyatt Gold, Marriott Platinum, UA, DL, US
Originally Posted by apollo_liumin
woo.. 40 pages new posts here from this noon.

what is the status here?

I booked a package this noon after 12:00pm pst, so what should I do here?

that coupon will not be recognized after 12:00pm pst??/
You are sort of on the line. I don't thin anyone has determined exactly when the T&C's changed but it was around that time. Did you read the T&C's before booking? If so, did they mention that travel had to originate in Canada?

I know everyone, there is vague wording etc.... but I'm just trying to help.
Old Nov 20, 2010, 11:33 pm

Programs: AA ExP
Originally Posted by billybabe
So if I book now Milwaukee to Las Vegas(code works on FIrefox) do you think I will be able to fight using the old screen shot before the rules changed and get the 300 clams back??

Honest opinions PLEASE
My opinion, you won't be able to fight because they know exact time stamp that you purchased. Your only hope is that if you trick the system into letting you through, they will require more time to find your illegit booking than their "cancel without penalty" window. Hopefully they will then decide it's better to not cancel you. In any case, I'd say there's not a very big chance that they can charge you the full amount if you have the confo page and emailed receipt from them that shows the discounted amount, but I don't have anything concrete to back that up. I've got my status SRs sewn up for the year, so I certainly won't risk more at this stage, however I might feel differently if I hadn't booked my SRs yet.
Old Nov 20, 2010, 11:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Booked two itins both in late Dec. Still there, CC charges still on account (Visa Schwab). Both itins still at DL, and both itins on expedia showing payment status of refund in process.
Old Nov 20, 2010, 11:36 pm

Originally Posted by FlywithUS
Hmm. Started to book, accepted code, $0.00 balance to be charged and then after processing it returns "Room Type Unavailable" for multiple hotels. Is this the beginning of the end?
Not necessarily. Happened a ton under old T&C, especially when you're booking cheapest hotel/room available. Everyone else is doing same thing at same time and someone finalized their order before you.
Old Nov 20, 2010, 11:37 pm
Moderator: Mileage Run, InterContinental Hotels

Originally Posted by ClimbGuy
http://www.expedia.ca/daily/voucher/save300.html

as of now it reads:

(...)

Expedia reserves the right to cancel this promotion at any time.
I notice this is another (slight) change to the coupon terms, and I will update the first post accordingly. It's funny how they handle this; seems like all the decision makers are gone for the weekend, and the intern figured out that something is amiss. Running scared, they keep changing the terms, but don't dare stop the promo altogether while the head honcho is playing golf. Gotta love marketers!
Old Nov 20, 2010, 11:38 pm

Originally Posted by no0neelse
When you say confirmation screen, do you mean the page after selecting your flights?

I tried doing a same day turn from PHX to LAS. I can select my flights just fine (choosing a 1h 15min layover). However when I add the hotel, my flights get changed to the 6am departure and 12:30pm return. And from then no there's no way to change the flights.

Any thoughts on what I'm doing wrong?
There should be a link on the page that displays both your flights and your hotel at the same time that says something like choose different flights.
Old Nov 20, 2010, 11:38 pm
Fairmont Contributor Badge

Minor issue with Charge Backs

So lets say Expedia does not offer ANY refunds to our cards (for USA departures) Most of our charges are directly with the airline, so we can't really charge back to the airline... just thinkin...
Old Nov 20, 2010, 11:39 pm
Moderator Communications Coordinator, Signatures

Programs: TubWorld, Bar Alliance, Borratxo Legendarium
Has anyone counted how many times someone has claimed the deal is dead on this thread?
Old Nov 20, 2010, 11:42 pm

Originally Posted by jbart74
You are sort of on the line. I don't thin anyone has determined exactly when the T&C's changed but it was around that time. Did you read the T&C's before booking? If so, did they mention that travel had to originate in Canada?

I know everyone, there is vague wording etc.... but I'm just trying to help.
NO, I just know that this coupon can be applied at that time..

All our itineraries now show deleted on the Expedia website.
Booking was with Frontier, on their site when pulling them up they say they can not be viewed to contact the travel agent.

Programs: AS MVPG 75K
Just finished my second booking. There weren't any sub $300 deals available to NYC and I wasn't really looking to spend any money on this so I'm headed to Vegas on Monday. Before the first TOS change, so like 12ish hours ago I booked SEA-LAS with a room at the Riviera and an airport transfer, which priced out at like $293. I just booked BUR-LAS with a room at the Venetian for $299, very proud of that. Both times I'm paying $0 out of pocket, and with JetBlue I get a free checked bag! I did the whole press apply deal button over and over again thing.

P.S. These may be my 2nd/3rd posts on FT but I've lurked for a long time, just haven't had much of a reason to post until now
Old Nov 20, 2010, 11:43 pm

Programs: AA, HH, Hyatt Gold, Marriott Platinum, UA, DL, US
Originally Posted by missydarlin
Has anyone counted how many times someone has claimed the deal is dead on this thread?
76 bazillion?
Old Nov 20, 2010, 11:43 pm

Originally Posted by AMRivlin
So lets say Expedia does not offer ANY refunds to our cards (for USA departures) Most of our charges are directly with the airline, so we can't really charge back to the airline... just thinkin...
Actually we can. When we do that, the airline passes the buck to the agency because the agency is the one that is responsible to ensure that the client wants their card charged. In the rare cases that one of our customers initiates a chargeback, the airline sends us a debit memo for that amount. (I should mention I'm a travel agent for the many on this thread that can't be bothered to read 10 posts back. )
Old Nov 20, 2010, 11:46 pm

Programs: UA*G (1K again), Sixt Plat, *was*: SQ QPP01 & SK EBS/EBG, LH SEN, AA EXP, 9wPlat
Well, I just tried a new booking with the SAVE300 code (all cookies deleted), and get this message:

"The voucher code you entered is not valid. Please check the code and enter it again or select I don't have a voucher to continue."
Old Nov 20, 2010, 11:48 pm

Originally Posted by SuperFlyBoy
Well, I just tried a new booking with the SAVE300 code (all cookies deleted), and get this message:

"The voucher code you entered is not valid. Please check the code and enter it again or select I don't have a voucher to continue."
Yup, that's the error message they usually paste when they proclaim the deal is dead!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.