Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[FARE GONE] Expedia.ca $300 coupon on packages (new terms)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[FARE GONE] Expedia.ca $300 coupon on packages (new terms)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 20, 2010, 8:26 pm

Programs: AP, HHonours Diamond
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by golfingboy
Sorry, I could not help but laugh Pretty funny story!

Anyhow, ditch the hotel and book a different hotel... Do a dry run over at hotels.com and see what options are available.
Ditto what he said... Funny story...
Old Nov 20, 2010, 8:28 pm
Ambassador: Alaska Airlines

Originally Posted by raph
On the other hand: My GF doesn't want to spend all our vacation on airports and I do feel uncertain about this anyway. XP has to (try to) charge ineligible (ex. US and other) customers, otherwise the cost will certainly go into multi millions..
Legally, they will still have to offer us the option to get a full refund, or pay the price difference if they chose this avenue.
Old Nov 20, 2010, 8:28 pm

Programs: UA, AA, Marriott
Originally Posted by AZChick
how did you JUST book it? i tried and cant get the voucher to work! help!
clear all the cookies and we had to switch 3 different computers and 3 different credit cards. make sure its brand new and if you tried once, make sure to log out, even if guest.
Old Nov 20, 2010, 8:29 pm

someone please answer me! is the voucher still valid and if so, how do you get it to work? i've tried multiple times now and keep getting the same error message!

Programs: HH Dia, WOH Dia, Bonvoy Gold, IHG Plt
I went ahead and booked DEN-LAS over Christmas a couple hours ago. Easy drive home to SoCal for the holiday festivities with family, plus a couple days in Vegas. I'm in for $0 (trip came to $250 -- could have booked a more expensive hotel, but figured just in case I'd go for lowest price and a cancellable hotel).

My thoughts on the terms of the Voucher: I have made "remote" travel bookings in the past, specifically to get travel deals in Asia that I was not able to get here. They required Korean or China bookings to get the deal. So I made them from the US through travel agencies in Asia and got the deal. I guess I don't see "Canadian Bookings Only" as being all that different.

Also seems to me that if Xp.ca wanted to limit the deal to Canadian billing addresses and for trips originating from airports in Canada, they would have just said so. How hard would it be to write: "valid only for round trip flights originating in Canada" or "valid only for Canadian billing addresses". Plus, when I made my reservation, I was explictly clear that I had an billing address in the US and that my flight originated in the US. Even after that data was entered, the Voucher was still applied using their website.

xp.ca was obviously looking to unload a ton of travel at discount prices, but I am thinking they were surprised at the volume, and thus have had to start throttling the response.

Sure, that logic and a dollar is worth a dollar. But that's my 2 cents. Or 100 cents.

Originally Posted by djmagnum
if they screw us on this deal we should get a FT lawyer,

i am sure one of you is a lawyer!
I am sure there is one over at the House of Miles!!!!
Old Nov 20, 2010, 8:32 pm

Originally Posted by n8onUA
Yes, I bet the management of these uber cheap hotels is going to be quite happy (or quite disappointed if Expedia cancels the deals) when they check their calendar and see they're fully booked for the next 1.5 months and that probably a good 50% of the booking's wont' actually check in so no room cleaning, etc.
And for once they are going to probably think they are doing something right!
Old Nov 20, 2010, 8:32 pm
Moderator: Avis and Rental Cars

Originally Posted by bwiadca
Am I the only one who booked same day return trips to Vegas? For $185 I will get 25K EQM (which I don't need this year anymore) and 50K RDM
Originally Posted by akonradi
I did something similar. Arrives to LAS around 23:30, departs at 01:00 the next day. I don't care to gamble, only to get miles!
I booked 10 from IAH-LAS. All on the 545pm or 915pm outbound with the 1am return. Basically my plan for the 2 weeks I'm home/available in december is: Monday: Go to work, go to airport, fly to vegas, fly home
Tues: Drive to work, drive to airport, fly to vegas, fly home, etc etc

I booked the best western next to LAS so I can shower/shave/relax in my 5 hrs in Vegas, if needed. Otherwise, I'll be showering and shaving in the IAH-PC before driving up to work.

The only other one I got was to NYC on 1 weekend to see a friend. Unfortunately, my wife's MS graduation is 12/18 so we have family/parties all around then or I'd have more booked (with her).

If it hasn't been done already, we need to get a thread for the people going and just post in it the day of your outbound and we can meet up.
Old Nov 20, 2010, 8:33 pm

Originally Posted by djmagnum
if they screw us on this deal we should get a FT lawyer,

i am sure one of you is a lawyer!
Check, and yes, it's working... (four hours in...)
Old Nov 20, 2010, 8:36 pm

Programs: *G, SPG, OW Sapphire
Originally Posted by IAHtraveler
I booked 10 from IAH-LAS. All on the 545pm or 915pm outbound with the 1am return. Basically my plan for the 2 weeks I'm home/available in december is: Monday: Go to work, go to airport, fly to vegas, fly home

I booked the best western next to LAS so I can shower/shave/relax in my 5 hrs in Vegas, if needed. Otherwise, I'll be showering and shaving in the IAH-PC before driving up to work.

The only other one I got was to NYC on 1 weekend to see a friend. Unfortunately, my wife's MS graduation is 12/18 so we have family/parties all around then or I'd have more booked (with her).

If it hasn't been done already, we need to get a thread for the people going and just post in it the day of your outbound and we can meet up.
Too funny...unfortunately...
Old Nov 20, 2010, 8:39 pm

OMG, wow. That's something. I tell myself (and DH) that I would have done quite a few MRs on this deal if this was before we had our two kids. But I think I'm only kidding myself. Despite being an aviation enthusiast, travel in domestic coach is something I simply "tolerate".
Cool what you're doing.
Old Nov 20, 2010, 8:42 pm

I booked 6 IAH-LAS over the weekdays of 12/1-12/16 on the 9:15 out, 1 AM return as well. See you on the flights! >]
Old Nov 20, 2010, 8:44 pm

Programs: AA, HH, Hyatt Gold, Marriott Platinum, UA, DL, US
Originally Posted by AZChick
someone please answer me! is the voucher still valid and if so, how do you get it to work? i've tried multiple times now and keep getting the same error message!
AZ, you've got 100+ pages of tips and tricks to guide you through the process. If you read 10 of them you'll know everything you need to -- promise!
Old Nov 20, 2010, 8:45 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: HH Silver
Originally Posted by n8onUA
Yes, I bet the management of these uber cheap hotels is going to be quite happy (or quite disappointed if Expedia cancels the deals) when they check their calendar and see they're fully booked for the next 1.5 months and that probably a good 50% of the booking's wont' actually check in so no room cleaning, etc.
I'm less sure as a point could be made of the opposite, that these hotels rely on non-hotel spending to make their money and no guests means none of that spending.
Old Nov 20, 2010, 8:46 pm
Moderator: Avis and Rental Cars

Originally Posted by johndeere19
Unfortunately, my wife's MS graduation is 12/18
Too funny...unfortunately...
When I broke the news to her earlier today that I'd be missing the first night here with her parents, she wasn't thrilled, but I figure 1 night won't kill me. By night #3, I'll probably be wishing I were doing more LAS turns.

Originally Posted by learningtime
OMG, wow. That's something. I tell myself (and DH) that I would have done quite a few MRs on this deal if this was before we had our two kids. But I think I'm only kidding myself. Despite being an aviation enthusiast, travel in domestic coach is something I simply "tolerate".
Cool what you're doing.
Wait, you're not doing it with the kids?!? I've seen a FTer in an airport on a MR before with his wife and kids! NYC-SJC for a few hours. I could only imagine the elementary aged kids going to school Monday & saying what they did that weekend ("yeah, we went to cali" "what'd you do while you were there?" "used the airport bathroom and boarded the next plane home... yes, it was planned that way").

And I'm on Continental as a Plat, so I figure I'll be in F most of the flights. I'm 100% for upgrades to & from Vegas in the past year... so it should be much more than "tolerable."

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.