Consolidated "Connections / Connecting between terminals at ORD" thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Consolidated "Connections / Connecting between terminals at ORD" thread

Search this Thread

Old Sep 28, 2013, 3:33 pm
BCH

Anyone with any recent photos or updates on Terminal 5 redevelopment? We're approaching the timeline for completion of the redevelopment project.

Paging ORDS.
Old Sep 29, 2013, 8:11 am

Originally Posted by BCH
Anyone with any recent photos or updates on Terminal 5 redevelopment? We're approaching the timeline for completion of the redevelopment project.

Paging ORDS.
There's progress, but not as fast as I think everyone likes. The location where the old check point was located is still a mess. I haven't peeked my head to see how the old food court area is coming along.

I'm kinda thinking years end, but I'm no construction expert. At least Tocco opens up on Wednesday. Another option for sit down dining starts.

I will say this, with the budget battle taking place, there's been a mindshift by CBP folks again. While U.S. Citizens are flying through immigration, the visitors lines have been slowly creeping back up.
Old Oct 10, 2013, 6:39 pm

Here are a few pictures taken today.

Tocco...Food is very good.

Restaurant being constructed over ATS.

This is the old court of flags, checkpoint and food court area.
Old Oct 21, 2013, 11:17 am
BCH

Cant wait to see the whole place in mid-Nov when I am there.

Originally Posted by ords
Here are a few pictures taken today.

Tocco...Food is very good.

Restaurant being constructed over ATS.

This is the old court of flags, checkpoint and food court area.
Old Oct 26, 2013, 4:00 am

This is looking above where the old chekpoint was. Towards the top of the picutre will be part of the new food court once the current duty free moves out.

Somehow they're saying by the end of the year, but I'm questioning that.
Old Nov 9, 2013, 6:11 am

It appears the food court will be ready by Jan. 1st 2014 and the new duty free around Jan. 8th.

The new Chicago souvenir shop will be opening today. It's located next to Big Bowl.
Old Nov 9, 2013, 5:48 pm

In progress....

Here's the new Chicago Shop.

Last edited by iluv2fly; Nov 22, 2013 at 4:10 pm Reason: merge
Old Nov 10, 2013, 8:45 pm
BCH

Love all these pics, ords. I'm traveling out of T5 on Friday for the first time in a year and can't wait to see all the changes.
Old Nov 22, 2013, 7:07 am

Good new, the new duty free area being built out is to be completed and opened by December 10th.

I'll try to get a few pictures prior to its' official opening.
Old Dec 12, 2013, 11:17 am

Can anyone help me with information on baggage claim? I will coming back home to Chicago from Indonesia this Sunday and I've read at other forum that even though US citizen wait time for immigration is less now with APC but now they check your luggages one by one after you retrieve it from baggage claim, and the wait time is very long. Is that true?
Thanks in advance..
Old Dec 13, 2013, 8:07 am

Originally Posted by Loucee77
Can anyone help me with information on baggage claim? I will coming back home to Chicago from Indonesia this Sunday and I've read at other forum that even though US citizen wait time for immigration is less now with APC but now they check your luggages one by one after you retrieve it from baggage claim, and the wait time is very long. Is that true?
Thanks in advance..
Unless you are directed to USDA/CBP secondary, it's like before. You claim all your bags, head to the exit and give the receipt to the inspector standing there.

Can you advise what other site was reporting this?
Old Dec 13, 2013, 8:41 am

Thank you Ords for your reply. It's a relieve that it is like before.

Here's the link for that forum http://www.airlinequality.com/Airpor..._forum/chi.htm
Looked for a post by Jim Jackson on July 16th 2013, he said that one officer was checking everyone's baggages from his flight (300 passengers).
It's very hard to believe, because I never seen situation like that at O'Hare. Always experienced like what you said, collect my bags head to the exit and hand out the form.
Old Dec 16, 2013, 1:43 am

Wow, that APC system is the best and the machine is very user friendly. I finished with immigration within 5 minutes! My flight landed at Terminal 5 O'Hare at 9:17 AM, reached the gate at 9:30AM and exited the terminal with all my luggages at 10:05 AM. The best experienced I ever had at any airport. It was fast and painless I must say. And all of the airport staffs/CBP agents that I met are very friendly with smiles on their face. Even one of the Porter helped me pulled out my luggages from the belt. Thank you for the improvement!
Old Dec 17, 2013, 9:32 pm

Programs: AA PLT
Originally Posted by Loucee77
Thanks in advance..
Originally Posted by ords
Unless you are directed to USDA/CBP secondary, it's like before. You claim all your bags, head to the exit and give the receipt to the inspector standing there.

Can you advise what other site was reporting this?
FWIW, I can see why someone would say they were checking luggage "one by one". Last time I came through T5 on a Saturday night, immigration was a breeze, but there was only one stand CBP stand open with 2 CBP officers checking paperwork for our flight, an LH flight, and an ex-Middle East or India flight. For the latter, they were sending at least 1/3 of the pax (if not more) to secondary after (sometimes lengthy) conversations with each, which slowed the process down considerably.

As my roommate doesn't have GE, I couldn't use my get out of customs free card, so we had to wait in the ~30 minute line as passengers were slowly processed, one at a time, from the two lengthy lines that had formed along the walls past the bathrooms and around the corner on one side, and past the other exit on the other.
Old Jan 6, 2014, 8:11 pm

Is 3 hours between a domestic and international flight sufficient at ORD?

Hi everyone,

I am planning to take a United Airlines 6am morning flight on 27 Jan 2014 (Monday) from either LGA or EWR, to ORD. The flight is scheduled to arrive at 7.37am.

My international flight (under NH) from ORD to SIN, is scheduled for 10.45am in the same morning of 27 Jan.

With slightly more than 3 hours between the 2 flights, and considering that I will have to collect my checked-in luggage from the UA flight, and then re-check them in to NH, I am not sure if this would be enough.

Could someone advise if such a travel plan is doable?

My alternative would be to take the previous night flight from LGA/EWR to ORD, and spend the night at one of the ORD airport hotels. But it kind of disrupts my Sunday plans.

Thanks!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.