Reload this Page >

Consolidated "Connections / Connecting between terminals at ORD" thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Consolidated "Connections / Connecting between terminals at ORD" thread

Search this Thread

Old Jul 8, 2013, 6:42 am

Thank you! At least she wont have to worry about her bags, but she will have to go through security again in T5? Any idea how long getting from T2 to T5 and going through security might take?
Old Jul 8, 2013, 10:44 am

Programs: AA, UA, GE
Originally Posted by catolinaravn
Thank you! At least she wont have to worry about her bags, but she will have to go through security again in T5? Any idea how long getting from T2 to T5 and going through security might take?
She will have to re-clear security at T5.

There is an ATS rail system (train) that connects all the terminals. Your friend will have to exit security at T2 and take the ATS to T5.

She should not go the the baggage claim level. Stay on the arrivals level and follow the signs to the ATS. The train is at the same level as the roadway for the departures level and she will have to take the walkway over the road as glg indicated.

She should be able to go from the gate in T2 to security at T5 in 10 to 15 minutes.

Will your friend have to check in at the SAS counter to get here boarding pass?
Old Jul 10, 2013, 3:02 pm

I think she will... At her confirmation, it says so!
Old Jul 11, 2013, 9:05 pm

Programs: AA (Plt Pro; 1.5 MM)
BTW, ATS = Airport Transit System, or similar. (There are also signs leading to "Train to City", so avoid that if only changing terminals.)

ATS and the terminal are connected by a bridge. There is an elevator you can take from any floor. However, from the check-in area, you can see the bridge and take an escalator to it.
Old Jul 15, 2013, 10:29 pm
BCH

www.chicagot5.com now has a slide show of progress photos and a video of what the terminal is supposed to look like in the end.
Old Aug 3, 2013, 6:29 am
BCH

Any updates, ords? We love your picture postings.
Old Aug 4, 2013, 8:26 pm

Can you walk from terminal 2 to 3 with a luggage cart landside? I need to claim bags after a UA flight and then get them to terminal 3 checkin. I know I can take the train, but I can't take a cart on the train. I know one can walk airside, but what about landside?
Old Aug 5, 2013, 8:06 pm
glg

Originally Posted by lkar
Can you walk from terminal 2 to 3 with a luggage cart landside? I need to claim bags after a UA flight and then get them to terminal 3 checkin. I know I can take the train, but I can't take a cart on the train. I know one can walk airside, but what about landside?
Yes, you can go down under the parking garage. Follow the signs to the parking garage, you'll go down one more level from baggage claim (going below the arrivals road). A walkway down there goes between T1/2/3, has elevators to various sections of the parking garage and the CTA Blue Line station. Note that UA baggage claim is in T1, not T2, but you can get down under the garage from any of the terminals. So, in T1, follow signs to the parking garage, then under the garage, follow the T3 signs.
Old Aug 5, 2013, 9:32 pm

Originally Posted by glg
Yes, you can go down under the parking garage. Follow the signs to the parking garage, you'll go down one more level from baggage claim (going below the arrivals road). A walkway down there goes between T1/2/3, has elevators to various sections of the parking garage and the CTA Blue Line station. Note that UA baggage claim is in T1, not T2, but you can get down under the garage from any of the terminals. So, in T1, follow signs to the parking garage, then under the garage, follow the T3 signs.
Excellent -- thanks very much. Can you give me a sense of the time to walk from baggage collection in T1 to check in in T3 with a luggage cart?
Old Aug 6, 2013, 6:00 am

I'm off for a few days but when I get back, I'll snap a picture of Intelligentsia coffee which has been open for a while.

Right now alot of the work being done is in the old food court area behind the scenes.

Come to think of it there's a large ceremony being planned early morning on the 15th for something.

I know the exterior of T5 is just about done being painted.

Hainan and the 2nd All Nippon flight start up on Sept. 1st. Avianca moves to a mid afternoon September 17th.

Other than these few things, it's been quiet.
Old Aug 6, 2013, 9:51 am

Programs: AA, UA, GE
Originally Posted by ords
I'm off for a few days but when I get back, I'll snap a picture of Intelligentsia coffee which has been open for a while.

Right now alot of the work being done is in the old food court area behind the scenes.

Come to think of it there's a large ceremony being planned early morning on the 15th for something.

I know the exterior of T5 is just about done being painted.

Hainan and the 2nd All Nippon flight start up on Sept. 1st. Avianca moves to a mid afternoon September 17th.

Other than these few things, it's been quiet.
Will ANA start flying out of T5?
Old Aug 6, 2013, 1:08 pm

Originally Posted by cheltzel
Will ANA start flying out of T5?
No, they'll be packed in over with LH at the counters within T1.

Hainan will depart out of T5 though.
Old Aug 9, 2013, 4:59 pm

Here's one showing where XpresSpa will be located. Actually it's opening is going to be very soon.
Old Aug 11, 2013, 2:34 pm

Programs: AA, UA Plat, HH Gold, Marriott Amb
Originally Posted by lkar
Excellent -- thanks very much. Can you give me a sense of the time to walk from baggage collection in T1 to check in in T3 with a luggage cart?
Would be even easier and shorter to walk on the Departures level sidewalk, if the weather is nice. You can go all the way from T1 - T3.

Just take the elevator up one level, exit the terminal and head down the sidewalk. 10 minutes tops if you are walking leisurely and there aren't hordes of people on the sidewalk.

You can do it downstairs on the arrivals level too, but likely more crosswalks to get across. T3 has the nicer, larger elevators to get from Arrivals to Departures level.
Old Aug 11, 2013, 3:57 pm

Programs: UA MM, AA PPro
Originally Posted by mmayer
Would be even easier and shorter to walk on the Departures level sidewalk, if the weather is nice. You can go all the way from T1 - T3.
The terminals are arranged in a semi-circle, so crossing under parking garage would be shorter, if I remember elementary geometry correctly. In any case, I think it would also be a bit easier with a luggage cart.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.