Reload this Page >

Consolidated "Connections / Connecting between terminals at ORD" thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Consolidated "Connections / Connecting between terminals at ORD" thread

Search this Thread

Old Aug 15, 2013, 10:14 am

If things go according to plan, you should be seeing two PR's.

1. The formal ribboning cutting ceremony of the APC kiosks.
2. The opening of XpresSpa.

Next big event. 2nd ANA starting 9/1 followed by Hainan on 9/3.
Old Aug 15, 2013, 12:23 pm

Programs: AA, UA, GE
ords,

Have you heard any update on the LH 748 test flights? I thought they were doing some test flights to evaluate the inter-terminal taxiing issue.
Old Aug 15, 2013, 6:04 pm

Opened today...

Here's the links to Tribune and Times regarding APC

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/l...0,825824.story

http://www.suntimes.com/news/cityhal...h-customs.html

Originally Posted by cheltzel
ords,

Have you heard any update on the LH 748 test flights? I thought they were doing some test flights to evaluate the inter-terminal taxiing issue.
The flight went well and if things go according to plan, we'll start seeing them in here starting October for passenger flights.

Last edited by iluv2fly; Aug 22, 2013 at 3:41 am Reason: merge
Old Sep 3, 2013, 6:54 am

A quick update, Hainan starts Chicago service today. They'll be arriving/departing out of T5.

Progress is slowly being made on the new concessions area. Tocco (Italian) is the next restaurant planned to open by the end of October airside.
Old Sep 6, 2013, 7:48 am

Not officially announced, but Volaris will be starting daily MEX-ORD service starting in December.
Old Sep 6, 2013, 11:54 am
BCH

Their website says they fly into Chicago Midway. Will they be switching airports?

http://www.volaris.mx/en/where-do-we-fly/

Originally Posted by ords
A quick update, Hainan starts Chicago service today. They'll be arriving/departing out of T5.

Progress is slowly being made on the new concessions area. Tocco (Italian) is the next restaurant planned to open by the end of October airside.
Old Sep 7, 2013, 3:49 am

They'll be moving the MEX flight from MDW to ORD.

We've been trying to figure out why they desire a split operation. One of the more logical reasons is using their MEX flight as a test bed to see if they produce better results up north and perhaps move their other flights to ORD if they see it's worth it.
Old Sep 12, 2013, 8:46 am

Good news...Tocco will now be opening on October 2nd.

For those that are take the ATS from T5, you might have noticed the work on the platform. This is prep work for the restaurant that will be constructed over it on the departures level.
Old Sep 12, 2013, 4:08 pm

Hello friends. For those who don't know me, my name is Melanie, I'm 92 years old and post mostly in the Delta forum. I posted this question in the airline one and people there suggested I post it here so you good people could help me. I'm making this trip alone.

My flight arrives at ORD usually using the C gates, which I assume is Terminal one. Could someone give me step by step instructions to Terminal 5 (international) ? If you prefer, just PM to me. I make the mistake of reading reviews on other websites about the airport and poor signage and it makes me very scared for this journey I partake all alone. Thank you my friends.

Melanie
Old Sep 13, 2013, 3:19 am

Hi!
because i read so many stories about endless waiting time at immigration, i would like to ask you, if my connecting time is okay.
Flights are at a Saturday United 973 from Brüssel arriving at 12:50 AM Booking Class C
Connecting Flight United 1425 04:25 PM to Fort Myers
Thank you
Old Sep 13, 2013, 7:24 am

Originally Posted by Melmgmel
Hello friends. For those who don't know me, my name is Melanie, I'm 92 years old and post mostly in the Delta forum. I posted this question in the airline one and people there suggested I post it here so you good people could help me. I'm making this trip alone.

My flight arrives at ORD usually using the C gates, which I assume is Terminal one. Could someone give me step by step instructions to Terminal 5 (international) ? If you prefer, just PM to me. I make the mistake of reading reviews on other websites about the airport and poor signage and it makes me very scared for this journey I partake all alone. Thank you my friends.

Melanie
The O'Hare website has a nice feature for connecting passengers.

http://www.flychicago.com/ohare/en/h...s/default.aspx

In the area titled Connecting Passengers, enter a C gate in the first selection and an M gate on the second selection. It will give you detailed directions and a map.
Old Sep 13, 2013, 9:13 am

The O'Hare website has a nice feature for connecting passengers.

http://www.flychicago.com/ohare/en/h...s/default.aspx

In the area titled Connecting Passengers, enter a C gate in the first selection and an M gate on the second selection. It will give you detailed directions and a map.

Thank you very much. Just what I was searching for. Not sure why but it wouldn't let me send (share) to my email. Tried to do using both browsers but the box wouldn't even allow me to enter my email address. So just copied and pasted the information.

Melanie
Old Sep 13, 2013, 9:43 am

Originally Posted by Melmgmel
Thank you very much. Just what I was searching for. Not sure why but it wouldn't let me send (share) to my email. Tried to do using both browsers but the box wouldn't even allow me to enter my email address. So just copied and pasted the information.

Melanie
Melanie,

I just tried to email and it took my email address, but I have not received it yet (I waited over 15 minutes before posting).

I hope you have a safe and pleasant trip!

Chuck
Old Sep 13, 2013, 10:58 am

Melanie,

I just tried to email and it took my email address, but I have not received it yet (I waited over 15 minutes before posting).

I hope you have a safe and pleasant trip!

Chuck

Hmmmm, why won't it take mine? Very odd in deed.

Thank you so much. With all the help from the good people here, I am usually prepared for anything and that makes the trip perfect. Plus, I never expect it to be perfect. Bumps will happen and you just roll with them.

Melanie

*****Just tried again using another browser and still won't work. What the heck is going on? I am unable to enter my email address nor do I get the little hand when I place my cursor over the email button. ************

Last edited by Melmgmel; Sep 13, 2013 at 11:03 am Reason: addition
Old Sep 13, 2013, 1:40 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Diamond
Melanie - May I suggest that you request wheelchair assistance? The C gates are at the far end of the United terminal. After exiting from the plane, you will need to walk to the middle of the C gate area and find the escalators down. Then walk on the moving sidewalks to the B gate area.

At the end of the tunnel linking B & C, you have two options:
As you near the end of the tunnel between Terminals B & C, you either have to go out into the baggage claim area and take an escalator up to ticketing, then look for the escalator that goes up to the train to other terminals. Take that escalator up, walk about 30 feet, take another escalator down to the train.

OR, you can go up the escalator at the end of the tunnel linking B&C, go around security to either end of the terminal, exit, and then walk to the middle to find that escalator to take you up to the trains to other terminals.

After finding the train, you need to ride it to Terminal 5. Then exit, down the escalator and to security. The line for security at Terminal 5 can get really long, so you can be standing for awhile.

Given the signage and the distances, I would really consider taking advantage of the wheelchair service just to be sure you get to where you are going since you will be on your own.

Either way - hope you have a great trip!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.