Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > America - USA > Midwest
Reload this Page >

CLE - Impact of other airlines (gates, routes, equipment, & etc) after UA De-Hubbing

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 24, 2015, 12:18 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Print Wikipost

CLE - Impact of other airlines (gates, routes, equipment, & etc) after UA De-Hubbing

Search this Thread

Old Jun 7, 2016, 8:55 pm

Programs: Honors LT Diamond; United 1K; Hertz PC
Does anyone know the story behind the Eastern Airlines 737 parked at JetBlue's gate (what is that C4 or C6?) this morning?

I did a double take as I was walking by and it had all of the probes covered so it looked like someone was planning on it sitting there for a while....
Old Jun 7, 2016, 9:58 pm

Programs: UA Platinum, Starbucks Gold, PF Chang's Warrior, Wine Century 100
Originally Posted by lincolnjkc
Does anyone know the story behind the Eastern Airlines 737 parked at JetBlue's gate (what is that C4 or C6?) this morning?

I did a double take as I was walking by and it had all of the probes covered so it looked like someone was planning on it sitting there for a while....
I'll take a wild guess and say it's a charter related to the NBA Finals... or it's waiting to take the Cavs to Cuba after their humiliating loss to the Warriors.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Easter...nes_%282015%29
Old Jun 8, 2016, 7:39 am

Programs: UA Milage Plus
Originally Posted by lincolnjkc

Not sure. I don't even think JetBlue uses C4 anymore for some reason. From what I have been hearing, nothing is wrong with it. Plus, it looks way better than the crummy old C6.
Old Jun 8, 2016, 8:16 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K 3MM, AA Plat, F9 Elite, the later two thanks to Jeff $, HHdia, Mgold, WynDia, Choicepl, IHGDia
https://www.thestreet.com/story/1359...lyst-says.html
Old Jun 8, 2016, 9:24 am

They are already small enough in Cleveland. If they did that, F9 would definitely fill in the gaps along with American and Delta. Shrinking more would be a really dumb thing to do.
Old Jun 8, 2016, 9:42 am

Programs: UA GS+LT UC, AA EXP+LT PLT, Fairmont LT PLT, Marriott PLT, Hilton DIA, Hyatt Glob, Avis CHM
Originally Posted by oscar555
They are already small enough in Cleveland. If they did that, F9 would definitely fill in the gaps along with American and Delta. Shrinking more would be a really dumb thing to do.
I'm impressed that they are still flying to BOS.
LGA lives on because there's no LCC competition.

But you're right, there's not much else to trim. A couple strategic routes, but the rest seems pretty solid.
Old Jun 8, 2016, 11:12 am

Originally Posted by ctownflyer
I'm impressed that they are still flying to BOS.
LGA lives on because there's no LCC competition.

But you're right, there's not much else to trim. A couple strategic routes, but the rest seems pretty solid.
You're right. Back in the day (as others have mentioned), the BOS route was one of their cash cows out of CLE. It was probably around $500+ rt. Now, its about $200-$300 if you book a while out. I know they are cutting MKE, but I also am looking to see a new nonstop route to MCI soon.
Old Jun 8, 2016, 11:13 am

Programs: UA Plat, Hyatt Explorist, Mlife Gold, Starbucks Gold
Didn't UA recently make an announcement about their intentions to keep CLE as it currently is through 2019? I think it might have even been in this thread somewhere.
Old Jun 8, 2016, 12:04 pm

Programs: UA GS+LT UC, AA EXP+LT PLT, Fairmont LT PLT, Marriott PLT, Hilton DIA, Hyatt Glob, Avis CHM
You're right. Back in the day (as others have mentioned), the BOS route was one of their cash cows out of CLE. It was probably around $500+ rt. Now, its about $200-$300 if you book a while out. I know they are cutting MKE, but I also am looking to see a new nonstop route to MCI soon.
Where did you see MKE is getting cut?
Would love MCI, but I'd have to imagine it coming from AA or WN over UA.
Old Jun 8, 2016, 12:05 pm

Originally Posted by Wooglin
Didn't UA recently make an announcement about their intentions to keep CLE as it currently is through 2019? I think it might have even been in this thread somewhere.
Just gate leases.
Besides, they also promised not to dehub CLE for a number of years and they outright lied about that.
Old Jun 8, 2016, 1:01 pm

Where did you see MKE is getting cut?
Would love MCI, but I'd have to imagine it coming from AA or WN over UA.
I read about it a while ago. It might have been on cleveland.com . As for MCI, it is supposed to be coming soon, but knowing the dumb people that run CLE, that could be 5 years from now. It seems that WN has some interest in doing that route. They recently started service to STL.
Old Jun 8, 2016, 1:03 pm

Just gate leases.
Besides, they also promised not to dehub CLE for a number of years and they outright lied about that.
I don't see them leaving CLE anytime soon. If they did, the only part of the airport that would be open is basically C since it is 29 gates. WN & DL use a combined 12 gates I think, AA uses 6, JetBlue uses 1 or 2, and Spirit & Frontier use 3 or 4. Now that would really piss a lot of people off.
Old Jun 8, 2016, 2:21 pm

I read about it a while ago. It might have been on cleveland.com
{{Citation needed}}
Old Jun 8, 2016, 2:24 pm

I don't see them leaving CLE anytime soon. If they did, the only part of the airport that would be open is basically C since it is 29 gates. WN & DL use a combined 12 gates I think, AA uses 6, JetBlue uses 1 or 2, and Spirit & Frontier use 3 or 4. Now that would really piss a lot of people off.
Nobody's saying UA should exit CLE. It's the non-hub flying that the investors are taking issue with.
Namely BOS, CHS, CUN, DCA, FLL, LGA, MCO, MKE, SJU, and RSW.
Old Jun 8, 2016, 3:30 pm

{{Citation needed}}
Search for it on Google.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.